These 4 Healthy Yogurt Bowls are great for breakfast or a snack! Packed with protein & loaded with toppings – these yogurt bowls are easy to make and yummy! This post is sponsored by FAGE; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
If you love simple, easy to make snacks/breakfasts – you’re going to love these 4 healthy yogurt bowl recipes.
They’re pretty much my favorite thing to make whenever I need something quick that will keep me full AND taste great! We love yogurt bowls because they’re really versatile. Technically – there’s no ‘wrong’ way to make one, but the 4 flavor combo’s I’ve included below are SO yummy!
Lemon Blueberry, Strawberry Mango, Orange Pistachio and PB&J… they’re all delicious!
Yogurt bowls are pretty much the same thing as a parfait, but typically everything is put on top of the yogurt in the bowl, versus a parfait that often has layers of different toppings. If you’re interested – I have recipes for 5 Healthy Yogurt Parfaits.
How do you make yogurt bowls?
There’s really no *wrong* way to make a yogurt bowl. Basically all you have to do is scoop your yogurt into a bowl, and pile on the toppings!
Here are some tips that might be helpful if you’re new to making yogurt bowls at home.
- If you can’t find fresh fruit, you can always use frozen fruit to top your bowl.
- Toppings can include fruit, nuts, seeds, nut butters – have fun with it and get creative!
What’s the best yogurt for yogurt bowls?
I’m sure it will come as no surprise that FAGE Total 0% Yogurt is our favorite yogurt for yogurt bowls. It is low in calories, packed with protein, and has no flavor/sweeteners to it – making it the perfect canvas for a yogurt bowl!
FAGE Total 0% Yogurt also is SUPER rich and creamy. It isn’t runny or watery like many other yogurt brands. FAGE’s decadent texture makes yogurt bowls almost feel more like a dessert than a healthy breakfast/snack!
For this post, I’m sharing 4 different yogurt bowls: PB&J, Strawberry Mango, Lemon Blueberry + Orange Pistachio. You really can’t go wrong with *any* of them.
All of these yogurt bowl recipes have different textures and flavors that are anything but boring!
Other healthy yogurt toppings:
- Fruit: Strawberries, blueberries, oranges, kiwi, mango, and pineapple are our favorites!
- Crunchy Yogurt Toppings: Nuts (pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds), seeds (sunflower, chia, hemp), and granola (look for a low sugar option!) are all great crunchy yogurt toppings
- Butters/Jams: Peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butter are all great topping choices. Jams are also delicious and perfect for swirling in. This jam is delicious and has no added sugar!
How can you sweeten yogurt bowls?
I actually prefer not to sweeten yogurt bowls and let the fruit or other toppings sweeten/flavor the yogurt bowl on it’s own! If you want to sweeten your yogurt bowl you can use honey, agave nectar, brown sugar or maple syrup.
Stevia or monk fruit might also work, but I’ve never tried it! A little bit of sweetener can go a long way – so definitely taste as you go!
It reminds me of lunch as a little kid! 🙂
Storing/Serving Yogurt Bowls
Serving: Yogurt bowls make a really fun brunch option. You can set up all the toppings on a table and let people build their own bowls!
Storing: These yogurt bowls will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. They’re great for meal prepping! If you’re adding in a crunchy topping like granola, I’d recommend waiting to add that until you’re ready to eat.
Substitutions for yogurt bowls:
- Nut free: If you have a nut allergy, sub in sunflower seeds or your favorite seed-butter.
- Can you use other yogurt? Yes! FAGE has a bunch of different options for yogurt. Their 2% or 5% are delicious in yogurt bowls. They have a bit of a higher fat content, which can help these bowls feel a little more decadent!
- Toppings: You can really sub in any topping on these yogurt bowls – get creative!
Other healthy recipes with greek yogurt:
We love cooking with greek yogurt. It’s delicious as a base (like in these yogurt bowls) as a sauce, mixed in for creaminess, or just used on top for a topping! Here are some of our favorite healthy recipes that use greek yogurt.
- Easy Avocado Green Smoothie
- 5 Healthy Yogurt Parfaits
- Taco Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Healthy Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Healthy Cilantro Lime Sauce
4 Healthy Yogurt Bowls
Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup mango
- 1/2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 cup FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup mandarin segments
- 1/2 tablespoon pistachios chopped
- 1 cup FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- Choose your yogurt bowl option.
- In a bowl, combine ingredients and swirl together.
- Serve & enjoy!