A Homemade Granola Recipe everyone will love! This Simple Granola recipe is vegan, gluten-free and so delicious! A must-try!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
This easy to make granola recipe is made with just a few ingredients and is easily customizable.
Everyone will love this easy recipe for breakfast or a healthy snack!
You will love this Simple Granola Recipe:
Sweet, crunchy, and loaded with hints of vanilla, what’s not to love? I always add fresh strawberries, blueberries, and bananas for extra sweetness.
OR If you’re a chocolate lover- Give our Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola a try!
What is granola?
Granola is a crunchy, sweet cereal made from rolled oats and baked in the oven till toasted and golden brown.
Muesli vs Granola
Vegan Granola Recipe Ingredients:
To make homemade granola you’ll need:
- rolled oats
- unsweetened coconut
- sunflower seeds, pepitas, pecans
- vanilla powder
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Vanilla Granola
- Combine rolled oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas, chopped pecans, salt, and vanilla powder.
- In another bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oat mixture. Stir to combine all of the ingredients together fully.
- Add the granola mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet, spreading it in an even layer.
- Bake at 300° for a total of 20 minutes stirring the mixture after 10 minutes.
Homemade Granola Recipe substitutions and additions
Can I use quick oats instead of rolled oats for granola? : Don’t substitute with steel cut oats, it won’t work! We haven’t tried quick cook oats, but I think they might work!
Shredded Coconut: You can use sweetened or unsweetened coconut, but we prefer unsweetened coconut!
Sunflower Seeds & Pumpkin Seeds: Can be used interchangeably. Feel free to substitute them for one another.
Vanilla Powder: This is optional, but adds a ton of flavor! You can substitute with cinnamon.
Add ins: You can add in chia seeds or flax seeds. dried fruit would also be a yummy mix in!
Gluten Free: Make sure to use certified gluten free oats!
Vegan Granola Recipe FAQs
Yes, granola is a great source of carbohydrates. It is full of protein, iron, and vitamins.
Homemade granola is because oats are naturally gluten free. But, many store bought brands are cross-contaminated. You should always be sure to check the label.
No, we don’t recommend feeding your dog granola. Dogs digest things differently than humans. Every granola recipe is slightly different, so it’s best to avoid feeding it to animals!
Granola is made of rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and a natural sweetener like honey!
It is cheaper to make granola at home, and healthier!
While both contain oats, they are very different in texture and taste.
How to eat Granola
Granola is a great breakfast or an easy snack. I love it on top of yogurt, on a smoothie bowl, or with milk and fresh fruit!
How to store Gluten Free Vegan Granola
Storing: Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Freezing: You can freeze your homemade granola for up to 3 months, but we don’t recommend it. This granola is best when stored at room temperature.
Vanilla Granola (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats gluten free if necessary
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds raw was used in this recipe
- ¼ cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or any neutral flavored oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl add the rolled oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas, chopped pecans, salt and vanilla powder. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla then stir to combine.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oat mixture. Stir to fully combine all of the ingredients together.
- Add the granola mixture to your prepared baking sheet making sure to spread in an even layer.
- Bake at 300 degrees for a total of 20 minutes stirring the mixture after 10 minutes. This will help the granola to bake evenly.