This Healthy Peppermint Mocha is the perfect holiday drink! Requiring only 5 ingredients, it’s easy to make, paleo, vegan, and cheaper than Starbucks!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
This Healthy Peppermint Mocha might just be my favorite winter drink. It’s super simple to make, requiring only 5 ingredients and a few minutes of time. It tastes 100x better than Starbucks and has 1/4 the amount of sugar when compared to their drinks. Naturally paleo and vegan – it’s a cozy treat anyone will love!
If you love getting a peppermint mocha from Starbucks or your favorite coffee shop, you’ll love making one at home! It’s so much cheaper and better for you! (Plus you only need minimal ingredients!
Things we used to make this Healthy Peppermint Mocha
Can I make this without an espresso machine?
Technically yes, but we don’t recommend it. Our Nespresso is one of the most used kitchen utensils that we have and I think it is well worth the $$ (If you buy even ONE latte a week at Starbucks and make it at home instead this will pay for itself!) You could sub in 1/2 cup coffee to this recipe but it will not have the same amount of caffeine and may taste a little watered down.. Treat yourself and get the nespresso machine (They’re under $100!)
How to make a Healthy Peppermint Mocha:
Once you have your ingredients out, you’re going to heat your almond milk. Whisk in peppermint extract, cocoa powder + maple syrup. Froth until milk mixture is foamy (you can whisk vigorously for about a minute if you don’t have a handheld frother)
Then, top with your espresso + enjoy! Fair warning though – you’re going to want to drink classic holiday drink pretty much every morning. I’ve basically replaced my morning coffee with this! (And it’s also SO good with these Healthy Anginetti Cookies!) I hope you love it!
Substitutions for this Healthy Peppermint Mocha
- Can I make this whole30? Yes, omit the maple syrup.
- Can I use honey? Yes, it will work fine but it will not be vegan. I like this honey.
- Can I use different milk? You can use any milk in this recipe and it will work just fine. I prefer non-dairy milk but if you like regular milk and don’t follow any specific diet feel free to use that!
Looking for other healthy holiday recipes? Check these out!
- Healthy Anginetti Cookies
- Paleo Gingerbread Biscotti
- Healthy Gingerbread Cashew Butter
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles
Healthy Peppermint Mocha
- In a pan or microwave, heat almond milk until warm.
- Whisk in peppermint extract, cocoa powder + maple syrup.
- Froth until milk mixture is foamy (you can whisk vigorously for about a minute if you don’t have a handheld frother)
- Pour milk into a mug, and top with espresso.
- To make Whole30: Omit the maple syrup.
- You can substitute honey for maple syrup.
- You can use any milk in this recipe and it will work just fine. I prefer non-dairy milk but if you like regular milk and don't follow any specific diet feel free to use that!
Love delicious DIY lattes? Try these recipes: