Looking for a festive drink that tastes amazing? This Whole30 Gingerbread Latte is paleo, refined sugar free, delicious + easy to make! Perfect for winter!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
There’s nothing cozier than sipping a warm gingerbread latte during a chilly day! This Whole30 Gingerbread Latte is super easy to make and uses minimal ingredients. Naturally free of sugar, dairy and gluten – it’s a festive treat than any one can enjoy if they’re looking for some fancier coffee!
I am the type of person who can (and does) eat gingerbread all year round. I love the mix of sweet and spiciness that comes with it. It’s so perfect in cakes, cookies, and drinks – like this Whole30 Gingerbread Latte!
What makes this Whole30 Gingerbread Latte healthy?
- No added sugar –This latte has no added sugar, compared to Starbucks’ which has 30g of sugar per one tall latte (crazy!!)
- Dairy free- Using almond milk in this latte helps keep it lower in fat, and gives it a rich taste with no dairy necessary!
- Simple ingredients – This latte is made with just almond milk, spices + espresso!
This time of year is traditionally filled with tons of treats and LOTS of sugar. Which is totally fine – don’t get me wrong. I love cookies just as much as the next person – and typically I eat a bunch of them even though I know they are not the best thing for me! The way I see it.. you only get to have these things once a year. Why should you deprive yourself of the things you love?!
I do, however, try to be mindful about just how much sugar I’m intaking. I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to ‘drink’ my calories. Mostly because I don’t like drinking super sweet things, but also because I’d rather eat a cookie than drink something from Starbucks.
If I’m going to enjoy something, I want it to be made with high quality, delicious ingredients. That’s why I came up with this recipe! I used to loooove Starbuck’s Gingerbread Latte’s. I would get them basically every day during the holiday season. When I switched to eating healthier and tried one a few years back.. I couldn’t stomach the sweetness! Even ordering it with half the syrup or a lower fat milk.. it was just TOO sweet for me, and totally hurt my stomach.
So I made my own dairy & refined sugar free version that only has 6 real food ingredients. We love it at our house and I think you’ll love it at your home too this winter!
If you’re looking for the perfect thing to cozy up with this winter, this Whole30 Gingerbread Latte is totally for you. It couldn’t be easier to make (under 5 minutes) and will totally leave you feeling festive without a sugar crash or stomach ache. It would even be nice to leave for the big guy come Christmas night. He probably would like something a little lighter after all those cookies! 😉
Looking for other cozy drink recipes? Try these!
Whole30 Gingerbread Latte
- Warm almond milk in the microwave or stovetop until it is at your preferred temperature.
- In a blender, add almond milk and spices and blend for approximately 30 seconds until everything is thoroughly combined. Pour into a mug + top with espresso.
- If you're not doing a whole30 - you can add maple syrup to this to sweeten it. I recommend 1/2 a teaspoon.
- You can make this an iced latte simply by not heating the almond milk on the stove.