Healthy Peppermint Mocha Muffins are the winter breakfast of your dreams! Your sweet tooth will thank you when you enjoy these for breakfast or dessert! This post is sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins. Have you tried their amazing collagen peptides?
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
It’s the most wonderful tiiiiiiime of the year (I sing to myself as I make these before Thanksgiving because I can’t wait for Christmas). True story. I was so excited that Christmas was coming that I just NEEDED to start my baking before the season actually hit. (Oh well… I just gives me more time to bake them over again and again). I’m the type of person that makes gingerbread men in the middle of July. As much as I love Christmas traditions and I think it’s fun/special to have them – I hate how we make things once a year and then never make them again!
Healthy Peppermint Mocha Muffins
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cups wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: crushed canes for topping. Add on when they come out of the oven
- Preheat oven to 400 + prepare a greased or lined muffin tin.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Add in dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour batter in to greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of muffins.
You can get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.
Looking for other holiday treats? Try these recipes!