Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins are a naturally gluten free, easy breakfast! Packed with fresh cranberries and sweetened with honey – they’re delicious! This post is sponsored by my friends at The Soulfull Project.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
I’m SO excited to share the recipe for these Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins with you all. Perfectly sweet, with just a little tartness thanks to the fresh cranberries- they’re a healthy breakfast that you’ll want to make over and over again!
These hearty muffins are loaded with whole grains, protein and are best served warm (with loads of peanut butter!).
I love these muffins because not only do they taste delicious, they’re super easy to make. They’re made with pantry/fridge staples, don’t require much prep time, and can easily be adapted to fit your dietary needs.
You can make them for a cozy weekend breakfast in, for snacks for the week, or to share with friends! Here’s what I put in them:
Ingredients for Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins:
To make these muffins you’ll need:
- fresh cranberries
- orange juice, orange zest
- coconut oil
- baking soda, baking powder
- Soulfull Project’s Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal
The star ingredient in these healthy muffins is the Soulfull Project’s Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal. Tyler + I enjoy this for breakfast ALL the time (it’s delicious instead of oats in this Egg White Oatmeal!).
We love it because it keeps us full in the mornings, it only takes 5 minutes to make, and it has no added sugar so you can customize it yourself! It also is a little different from regular oats because it has a bunch of different grains!
However the BEST part about The Soulfull Project is its buy one, give one model. For every serving of The Soulfull Project’s hot cereal purchased they donate a serving of 4 Grain cereal to a food bank in your region. Meaning a region RIGHT near you, in your community.
So in purchasing their awesome products you’re not only giving yourself a healthy meal – you’re helping someone else get the same exact healthy meal too!
How to make Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins:
Making these muffins is relatively simple.
- The key is to make sure you pulse the grains + seed mixture until it is a flour like consistency. You’ll also want to chop your cranberries very finely so they can evenly spread throughout the batter!
- We recommend pulsing your grains in a food processor before you do anything else. Then pulse your fresh cranberries.
- Mix together your wet ingredients (honey, orange juice orange zest, apple sauce, eggs, egg whites and coconut oil.
- Then stir in your flour, baking soda/powder and spices. Once the batter is combined, add in the chopped cranberry pieces.
- Bake and you’re good to go!
What makes these muffins healthy?
- Healthy whole grains – The base of these muffins is the Soulfull Project’s Hearty Grains & Seeds. It’s a blend of Whole Grain Oats, Oat Bran, Red Quinoa, Flax & Chia Seeds. Traditionally muffins are made with white flour, but the whole grains help make this a healthier muffin that will keep you fuller for much longer!
- Low sugar – Rather than loading these muffins up with sugar, I sweetened them with just honey and some all natural orange juice.
- Low in fat – These muffins stay moist thanks to the orange juice, cranberries and the coconut oil! Traditionally muffins are made with butter or lots of oil, but these don’t need them!
Substitutions for these Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins:
These muffins are pretty versatile. Here are a few ways you can customize them!
Oats: If you don’t have Soulfull Project’s mix on hand right now, you can make this with old fashioned oats. I recommend adding in an extra teaspoon of chia seeds for best results, and ordering their Hearty Grains & Seeds so you can use it the next time around!!
Orange Juice: I haven’t tried substituting orange juice with other juices. I’m not sure how it would work.
Cranberries: Do not substitute dried cranberries in for fresh cranberries. The muffins will be too sweet and will not stay as moist.
Love muffins? Try these healthy muffin recipes!
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Healthy Banana Protein Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins
- Healthy Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 3 cups Soulfull Project Hearty Grains & Seeds
- 2/3 cup honey
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ½ tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh cranberries pulsed in small pieces in food processor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees + prepare a lined muffin in.
- In a high powered blender, pulse Soulfull Project Hearty Grains & Seeds until flour like consistency.
- In a bowl, mix together honey, orange juice, orange zest, applesauce, eggs, egg whites, + coconut oil until smooth.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and flour-like grains. Mix until smooth.
- Pulse fresh cranberries in food processor or hand chop until small pieces. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling ¾ of the way
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin and tops are golden brown.
- Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for freshness.
- To make vegan: Sub eggs with flax eggs + extra 1/2 tsp baking powder. Sub honey for maple syrup
- Base: If you don’t have Soulfull Project’s mix on hand right now, you can make this with old fashioned oats. I recommend adding in an extra teaspoon of chia seeds for best results, and ordering their Hearty Grains & Seeds so you can use it the next time around!!
- Sweetener: You can sub honey with maple syrup.
- Cranberries: Do not substitute dried cranberries in for fresh cranberries. The muffins will be too sweet and will not stay as moist.