An easy Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe that can be prepped in under 5 minutes! Try this overnight blueberry oatmeal for a healthy breakfast.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
If you are a busy person and haven’t yet had overnight oats, you are seriously missing out!
Only 5 minutes of meal prep at night and 6 ingredients for a delicious and healthy breakfast in the morning.
We are obsessed and love our Mango, Apple Pie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Almond Joy Overnight Oats.
However, we knew fresh blueberries would be the perfect topping for these oats, and hope you absolutely love this recipe!
If you love blueberries, try these Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins.
Why We Love Overnight Oats with Blueberries
There is a lot to love about this overnight blueberry oatmeal recipe. It’s one of our favorite quick breakfast recipes because it’s:
- Meal Prep Friendly – These oats are great for meal prepping because they only take a few minutes the night before a busy morning to put together. They also last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Super Easy to Make – Shake up the ingredients and add your toppings in the morning. That’s it!
- High Protein & Delicious– These oats have 12g of protein to help you stay full throughout the day!
Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe Ingredients
To make blueberry overnight oats you’ll need:
- old fashioned rolled oats
- greek yogurt
- almond milk
- maple syrup, chia seeds (optional)
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make this Recipe
- Combine all ingredients, cover + shake vigorously to combine or stir thoroughly.
- Store in fridge overnight for a minimum of 6-8 hours.
- When ready to eat overnight oats, top with more fruit and chia seeds, and serve oats cold or heat in the microwave.
How long do overnight oats need to soak? Overnight oats need to soak for at least 4 hours, but 10-12 hours is best! Perfect for meal prep.
Overnight Oats Blueberry Substitutions
Rolled Oats: I have not tried this recipe with quick cook oats. I think it would work, but they might get soggier quicker. I wouldn’t recommend it. Irish/Steel Cut Oats will not work in this make ahead breakfast recipe. If you need a Steel Cut Oats recipe, this is the one we love!
Greek Yogurt: You can substitute plain greek yogurt with non-dairy yogurt if you’d like.
Can I use normal yogurt for overnight oats? It’s best to use nonfat or full fat greek yogurt. Try to opt for a yogurt that is unflavored and unsweetened.
Milk: You can sub unsweetened almond milk for any kind of milk (dairy, oat, rice, coconut milk, etc). Any kind will work!
Protein: If you want to add protein powder, try these Protein Berry Overnight Oats!
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries: You can try other fruit in this recipe! We also have a Berry Overnight Oats or Mango Overnight Oats recipe that’s delicious. Frozen blueberries will also work in this recipe. You don’t need to thaw the blueberries before adding to the oatmeal.
Can I put frozen berries in oatmeal?
Yes, you can put frozen blueberries in this make ahead breakfast! Frozen fruit is great in overnight oats. It will defrost as the oats soak overnight and will be ready to enjoy in the morning.
You don’t need to thaw the berries before adding them to the oatmeal.
Overnight Blueberry Oatmeal Add-Ins (or Toppings)
These oats are delicious as is but here are some yummy topping or add in ideas:
- chia seeds or hemp seeds
- slivered almonds
- other berries
What to Serve with Overnight Blueberry Oatmeal
You can eat these oats warm or cold. I prefer to enjoy them warm and pop them in the microwave for 1 minute.
You could add in extra toppings like fresh blueberries (or other berries), chia seeds, or other nuts/seeds or serve with:
- egg muffin cups if you want a balanced on-the-go meal
- potato crust quiche or sausage egg casserole
Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal FAQ
Old fashioned rolled oats are best for overnight oats. Steel cut oats will not work and quick cook oats will get too mushy!
They are good for weight loss! They can be low calorie, high protein, and healthy!
Yes! They are healthy for you. They’re made with healthy ingredients.
Yes, you can leave fruit in overnight oats. Fruit adds flavor and sweetness!
Overnight Blueberry Oats Storage
Storing: These will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. It’s best to eat them within 48 hours for freshness.
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing. The oats can get soggy. It’s best to make and enjoy them fresh.
Can you warm up overnight oats?: You can reheat them in the microwave or on the stove. You can also eat them cold.
How long do overnight oats last? They will last for 3 days in the refrigerator
Other healthy oatmeal recipes:
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes? Check out these 40+ Healthy Breakfast Recipes or these Healthy Oatmeal Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy breakfast cookbook.
Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- In a mason jar or container, combine all ingredients, cover + shake vigorously to combine or stir. You may need to stir after shaking to evenly distribute.
- Store in refrigerator for a minimum of 6-8 hours
- When ready to eat, serve cold or heat in the microwave.
Leave a Review