This Healthy Blueberry Crisp recipe is gluten/dairy free, and sweetened with just maple syrup. Naturally sweet & delicious it’s the perfect healthy dessert.
This Healthy Blueberry Crisp is my favorite summer dessert. This blueberry crisp is made in 35 minutes, naturally gluten and dairy free, has only eight ingredients and is sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup.
Hope you’re ready for the best treat EVER!
I’ve always been a fan of ‘crisps’ when it comes to dessert. They’re much lighter than pie (which is also super delicious!) and crumble (which typically has more butter, sugar and flour in it).
Crisps are typically made with oats as the base, but I also added some chopped pecans for crunch, healthy fats, and flavor!
However, the real star of the show here is the blueberries. They’re downright DREAMY.
I used frozen Seal the Seasons New Jersey Blueberries, which are in my opinion – exceptionally sweet and juicy!
Can you use fresh berries in this healthy blueberry crisp?
Yes, you could also use fresh berries if you have an abundance of them, however, I like the frozen berries just as much. As the frozen berries cook, they defrost, creating a delicious blueberry sauce that you may not get with fresher berries.
This Healthy Blueberry Crisp requires minimum ingredients. Here is what you’ll need for this recipe:
What you need to make Healthy Blueberry Crisp
How to make blueberry crisp:
Making blueberry crisp literally couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is mix together your crisp topping. Lay your berries in a bowl, top with crisp.. and bake!
30 minutes in the oven and you’ve got warm, bubbly delicious Healthy Blueberry Crisp ready to enjoy!
I’m not saying you need to top it with vanilla ice cream… but I personally wouldn’t be opposed if you did.
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Nut Free – To make this nut free you can omit pecans. If you’d like to add in some crunch you could sub in sunflower seeds.
- Oil – You can sub coconut oil with olive oil or avocado oil
- Berries – This recipe will work with other berries like raspberries, strawberries, or even a frozen berry mix!
- Maple Syrup – You can sub maple syrup with honey
Other healthy dessert recipes:
Healthy Blueberry Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a greased 8x8 baking dish
- In a bowl whisk together oats, pecans, spices, coconut oil and maple syrup until combined
- Pour frozen berries into bottom of the pan. Layer crumble topping evenly on top of berries
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins until berries are soft and crisp topping is golden brown
- Nut Free - To make this nut free you can omit pecans. If you'd like to add in some crunch you could sub in sunflower seeds.
- Oil - You can sub coconut oil with olive oil or avocado oil
- Berries - This recipe will work with other berries like raspberries, strawberries, or even a frozen berry mix!
- Maple Syrup - You can sub maple syrup with honey