Healthy Berry Overnight Oats are perfect for breakfast. Made with 7 simple ingredients – these oats are filling, delicious + a great way to start the day!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Overnight oats have been our breakfast of choice for a LONG time. They’re easy, quick, and cheap to make!
These Berry Overnight Oats are something I’ve been making for years, and I know you’ll love them just as much as I do for busy mornings!
I first discovered overnight oats flipping through a magazine in college. (Am I dating myself.. do people even read magazines now?)
I was immediately intrigued… You put everything in a jar, shake it up, and then microwave it? No pans to clean up? No waiting for the oats to cook? Breakfast done in under a minute?
What is this magical unicorn of the breakfast world?! It sounded too good to be true…but it’s not!
What are overnight oats?
If you’ve never tried them – overnight oats are basically just old fashioned oats that you soak overnight with milk/toppings in the refrigerator. They absorb the liquid, making them read to eat by morning time!
Ingredients for Berry Overnight Oats:
How to make berry overnight oats:
It is SO easy to make berry overnight oats. All you need to do is combine your ingredients, shake or stir to combine them, and store in the refrigerator overnight so they thicken up/absorb the liquid.
What kind of oats should I use for overnight oats?
You’ll need to use old fashioned rolled oats for the best overnight oats. These are the only oats that will work for making overnight oats!
You can’t use quick cook or steel cut oats to make overnight oats. With quick cook oats they can get too mushy when soaking overnight. With steel cut oats, they can’t soak up the moisture overnight.
They need to be cooked with heat to make them edible. You’ll wind up with a big mess unless you use old fashioned overnight oats.
They’re literally the world’s easiest breakfast and they taste SO good! The overnight oats also taste exactly like regular cooked oatmeal if you heat them up.
Substitutions for berry overnight oats:
- Sweetener-If you’d like to substitute honey for maple syrup you can.
- Vegan- You can use a dairy free yogurt to make these overnight oats vegan
- Add ins – You can add in nuts, seeds, or anything else you’d like to these overnight oats. Get creative with your mix-ins!
- WW Freestyle Note: Save 1SP by using sugar free 0SP syrup instead of maple syrup.
How to serve berry overnight oats:
You can eat overnight oats cold or warm! It’s up to you and your taste.
I prefer to pop my overnight oats in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before eating, but if you enjoy them cold you can eat them cold!
You could also add in toppings like nuts/seeds if you’d like.
I hope you love these berry overnight oats as much as we do! It’s easy to make, filling, and delicious!
Other healthy oatmeal recipes:
- Egg White Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Oatmeal
- Healthy Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Healthy Creamy Almond Joy Overnight Oats
Berry Overnight Oats
- Pour all ingredients in a mason jar or sealable container. Shake/stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Place oats in refrigerator to chill overnight. When ready to eat, enjoy hot or cold.
- Note: I prefer my breakfasts to be lower in sugar, so this might not be sweet enough for your tastes. You can add more maple syrup or fruit to taste!