Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake is an easy, healthy dinner. Gluten/dairy free and made with only a few ingredients. It’s simple and delicious!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
You are going to LOVE this Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake. Spaghetti squash gets roasted + shredded then tossed with chicken, olives, sun dried tomatoes, basil and artichokes.
The mixture then gets baked in the oven to form a casserole- like dinner that is packed with veggies and so yummy!
This recipe is inspired by this Whole 30 Tuscan Chicken Spaghetti Squash recipe from my friend Chrissa at Physical Kitchness.
The idea of baking spaghetti squash in a casserole like form basically blew my mind last year, and after trying it I proceeded to come up with all different variations of spaghetti squash bakes
(Including this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole!)
What I love about this recipe is that it’s SO darn easy.
I’ve made it so many times at this point I could do it with my eyes closed, but even if you’re not me – I know this will be super simple for all of you!
This Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake recipe is something you can get on the table in just about 30 minutes if you time it right or plan ahead.. so let me explain.
Ya gotta multi-task!
It’s important that you get the spaghetti squash in the microwave or Instant pot to cook first. That takes the longest.
Wondering how do you cook a spaghetti squash in the microwave or instant pot?
Tips for making this Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Cook the spaghetti squash ahead of time- Here is a post on how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave and here is a post about how to cook spaghetti squash in the instant pot. Both methods take about 10 minutes.
- Cook the chicken ahead of time – You can make my Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, you can cook the chicken in the crockpot (you’d have to do it the day before or in the morning)
- OR you can say whatevs and just buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up.. any method will work!
- While your chicken/spaghetti squash are cooking – you can prep the other minimal ingredients, so that you can get it in the oven in no time!
My other tip for you is to prep this ahead of time (maybe on a Sunday) put it in the fridge + then just take it out and bake it when you’re ready for dinner!
Now that you know all the tricks… think you’re ready to rock it? I think you are.
Between getting dinner on the table super quickly + making something oh, so delish – you’re about to 100% win the dinner time hustle and feel like a superhero!
Substitutions for this recipe:
- If you don’t like sun dried tomatoes, olive or artichokes, you can omit them and just sub in more of one of the other ingredients.
- Basil – You can sub the 1/4 cup fresh basil for 1/2 tablespoon dried basil. It won’t be nearly as flavorful! I highly recommend getting the fresh herbs. You can even add in some fresh parsley for more flavor
- Cheese – If you’re not doing a Whole30 or following a strict paleo diet this is delicious with some parmesan cheese on top!
Do you need to bake this if all the ingredients are already cooked?
Technically no you don’t need to, however I would recommend it. By baking the casserole with all the ingredients together it allows the flavors to meld and it makes it that much better!
If you’re pressed for time you could totally just toss all the cooked ingredients together in a skillet!
Other delicious low carb recipes you’ll love:
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Whole30 Pesto Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Fill a microwave safe glass dish with 1 inch of water. Slice spaghetti squash in half + place face down in water. Microwave on high for 10 minutes until cooked.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, make shredded chicken. Follow these directions for the instant pot, or bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove. Cook the chicken in boiling water for 10 minutes + shred (You can also buy a rotisserie chicken + shred!)
- While chicken cooks, remove spaghetti squash from microwave + shred.
- In a bowl, add shredded spaghetti squash, shredded chicken, olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, and spices.
- Mix all ingredients until combined + place in a greased glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes until the top starts to brown.
- Serve + enjoy!
- If you don't like sun dried tomatoes, olive or artichokes, you can omit them and just sub in more of one of the other ingredients.
- Basil - You can sub the 1/4 cup fresh basil for 1/2 tablespoon dried basil. It won't be nearly as flavorful! I highly recommend getting the fresh herbs. You can even add in some fresh parsley for more flavor
- Cheese - If you're not doing a Whole30 or following a strict paleo diet this is delicious with some parmesan cheese on top!