Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is made with only 4 ingredients and so simple. Paleo, whole30, and perfect for adding to soups, salads or with veggies.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
I debated calling this recipe ‘stupid easy instant pot chicken’ because it’s THAT simple – but really.. this recipe is stupid easy.
Whether you’re an instant pot pro or newbie – I promise you can totally handle this and will love the perfectly juicy, delicious shredded chicken it makes!
I’m not going to lie – the instant pot scared me for a while. I got it as a Christmas gift and left it in the box for a few weeks because I was too nervous to break it open.
I had cooked with one once before for a cookbook shoot that I had assisted on…but even then it made me nervous.
I don’t know if it’s the high pressure, or the fact that you can’t really see whats going on in the pot… but it is intimidating! When I finally got the courage to fire up the instant pot, I figured I’d ease into it with something simple like shredded chicken. Can’t mess that up, right?
It came out so good on the first try, that I wound up making it almost every week to use in different recipes. I used it on these Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nachos, put it on this Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad… the options are endless!
It goes with/in anything! Plus, it literally takes under 20 minutes, and makes the most perfect, juicy shredded chicken. You gotta try it!
Recipes to use this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken in:
- Chicken Quinoa Veggie Power Bowls
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Place everything in the instant pot
- On the Poultry setting, set to Normal, High Pressure for 14 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure + cook.
- Once it is finished cooking, manually release pressure
- Remove chicken from instant pot and place in bowl. Shred chicken apart with forks + enjoy! (Note: chicken can also be shredded by placing in mixer on low!)