Healthy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are a delicious breakfast! Made with simple ingredients and gluten/dairy free – your whole family will love them!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are the perfect breakfast for meal prepping. They’re made with wholesome ingredients like oats, ripe bananas and chia seeds while also having a chocolate chips for a little sweetness. These breakfast cookies only take 25 minutes to make store great in the refrigerator or freezer. You can even easily make the cookies without chocolate chips to cut back on the sugar. (Although, who doesn’t love a little chocolate?!)
One of the things many people struggle with is getting a healthy breakfast in on busy mornings. So many people reach for unhealthy grab and go items in the morning. I find that when I take a few minutes on a Sunday night to prep something for myself, then I am set up for the week and don’t need to think about my breakfast!
I love meal prepping these banana breakfast cookies! Sometimes I will even make a double batch of them. I like to let them cool completely and put half of them in the fridge in a container, and half of them in the freezer for future mornings. Rather than wondering how you’re going to fuel yourself for the day, you can quickly grab one of these nutritious cookies from your fridge or freezer, pop it in the microwave + enjoy with a cup of coffee.
I used to prep baked oatmeal all the time, and while I enjoy having my healthy blueberry baked oatmeal or chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal for breakfast, these cookies are even better for enjoying on the go. They’re perfectly portable, and taste amazing!
These breakfast cookies are packed with seeds for healthy fats, collagen peptides for a little protein boost, and carbs to get you fueled + ready to go for the day. They’re basically a breakfast powerhouse.
Things we used in this recipe:
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a lined baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet.
- Mash bananas until smooth. Add bananas to a mixing bowl and stir in coconut oil and egg until combined
- Add all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl + allow it to sit for 5 minutes (the chia seeds will start to bind + make the batter thick)
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and form into shape of a cookie. Make sure to press the cookies down flat. (Because these cookies do not have any baking powder/soda or flour, they do not rise or expand. The cookies will stay whatever shape you bake them at)
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool + store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
You can get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.
Looking for other breakfast recipes to meal prep? Check these out!