Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice is a delicious low carb, whole30 & paleo friendly meal everyone will love! Made in under 20 minutes – it’s simple & yummy!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
5 words for you: Bacon Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice.
AKA the breakfast you never knew you needed, but will absolutely LOVE.
I mean.. really what’s not to love. You take the best ever bacon, cook it down, and cook cauliflower rice, veggies + eggs IN the extra bacon fat for allll the extra flavor.
It’s kinda amazing, and SO easy to do (20 minutes and 10 ingredients!)
I will let you in on a little secret… I HATE cauliflower rice. It’s just not rice, and never will be rice.
Glad we cleared that up. With that being said – I’m not trying to pretend this is fried rice, BUT… it still tastes delicious. Cauliflower rice definitely is WAY better when you cook it up in bacon fat. (although most things are!) Let me show you how to make this.
Ingredients for Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice:
To make Cauliflower Breakfast Bowl you’ll need:
We are pretty picky about our bacon and only use the bacon from ButcherBox.
We are pretty picky about bacon but love this one because it’s completely free of sugar, nitrates and is Whole30 friendly. Plus it’s so delicious!
Also… I mean… just look at it. HELLO BEAUTIFUL!
How to make Paleo Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice:
Making breakfast cauliflower fried rice is super simple. Before you do anything – chop your veggies. We use a food processor which makes it SO quick. You can also use a box grater.
- Cook your bacon to crispy perfection in a pan or in the oven.
- Set aside bacon on a paper towel lined plate, reserving the fat in the pan.
- Add your carrots/onions/garlic to the hot bacon fat in the pan.
- Sauté veggies + scramble eggs.
- Add in cauliflower rice + bacon.
- Stir together + EAT!
We love this recipe as is but you can totally customize it however you’d like.
Substitutions for this cauliflower fried recipe:
Here are some ways you can customize your breakfast fried rice.
Eggs– If eggs just aren’t your thing you can skip them in this recipe
Bacon – You can sub sausage, ground beef or even ground turkey in this recipe. If you prefer turkey bacon you could also use that!
Veggies– Feel free to add other veggies like mushrooms, peppers, chopped broccoli or whatever else you have in your fridge to this recipe!
WW Freestyle note: If you use turkey bacon you can save 7SP, making this only 2SP per serving
Rice: You can substitute cauliflower rice with cooked rice.
You totally could throw a fried egg (or two) on top too!)
Storing Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice:
Storing: These meal prep containers are my favorite. We use them every week and they are great! You can store this breakfast cauliflower fried rice for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. (it’s great for meal prepping!)
Freezing: I don’t recommend freezing this breakfast fried rice. I think it will get soggy
Reheating: We like to reheat this in a pan on the stove. You can also reheat it in the microwave.
How to serve breakfast cauliflower rice:
- As is – This recipe is delicious on it’s own!
- With Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes (if you’re not keto)
- With extra veggies. A salad or these Garlic Rosemary Roasted Brussels Sprouts would be great
- With a fried egg on top
- With sausage – We love our homemade Chicken Breakfast Sausage
Other healthy low carb recipes:
- Burger Salad with Dill Pickle Vinaigrette
- Taco Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Paleo Frittata
- Chili Lime Shrimp
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Greek Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Heat a large pan. Place bacon directly in to pan (you do not have to grease the pan as the bacon fat will allow it to cook naturally!)
- Cook bacon for 4 minutes on each side, flip + cook for additional 4 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned on edges.
- Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Make sure to keep bacon fat in pan. Add onions, garlic + carrots directly to pan with hot bacon fat. Sauté for 4 minutes until vegetables start to soften.
- Push vegetables off to the side + scramble eggs on one side of the pan for about 3 minutes until eggs are cooked.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, spices + coconut aminos with eggs/veggie mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. While mixture cooks, chop bacon.
- Stir in chopped bacon. Garnish with green onion + enjoy!
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Eggs– If eggs just aren’t your thing you can skip them in this recipe
- Bacon – You can sub sausage, ground beef or even ground turkey in this recipe. If you prefer turkey bacon you could also use that!
- Veggies– Feel free to add other veggies like mushrooms, chopped broccoli or whatever else you have in your fridge to this recipe!
- Keto – Carrots are not a keto friendly veggie. To make keto or lower carb you can sub in mushrooms or even peppers in place of carrots
- WW Freestyle note: If you use turkey bacon you can save 7SP, making this only 2SP per serving