Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice is a delicious low carb, whole30 & paleo friendly meal everyone will love! Made in under 20 minutes – it’s simple & yummy!
5 words for you: Bacon Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice.
AKA the breakfast you never knew you needed, but will absolutely LOVE.
I mean.. really what’s not to love. You take the best ever bacon, cook it down, and cook cauliflower rice, veggies + eggs IN the extra bacon fat for allll the extra flavor.
It’s kinda amazing, and SO easy to do (20 minutes and 10 ingredients!)
I will let you in on a little secret… I HATE cauliflower rice. It’s just not rice, and never will be rice.
Glad we cleared that up. With that being said – I’m not trying to pretend this is fried rice, BUT… it still tastes delicious. Cauliflower rice definitely is WAY better when you cook it up in bacon fat. (although most things are!) Let me show you how to make this.
Ingredients for Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice:
To make Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice you’ll need cauliflower rice, onions, carrots, ginger, pepper, eggs, garlic, coconut aminos and of course: bacon.
We are pretty picky about our bacon and only use the bacon from ButcherBox.
We are pretty picky about bacon but love this one because it’s completely free of sugar, nitrates and is Whole30 friendly. Plus it’s so delicious!
Also… I mean… just look at it. HELLO BEAUTIFUL!
How to make Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice:
Making breakfast cauliflower fried rice is super simple.
Step 1: Cook your bacon to crispy perfection.
Step 2: Set aside bacon on a paper towel lined plate, reserving the fat in the pan.
Step 3: Add your carrots/onions/garlic to the hot bacon fat in the pan.
Step 4: Sauté veggies + scramble eggs.
Step 5: Add in cauliflower rice + bacon.
Step 6: Stir together + EAT!
We love this recipe as is but you can totally customize it however you’d like.
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Eggs– If eggs just aren’t your thing you can skip them in this recipe
- Bacon – You can sub sausage, ground beef or even ground turkey in this recipe. If you prefer turkey bacon you could also use that!
- Veggies– Feel free to add other veggies like mushrooms, chopped broccoli or whatever else you have in your fridge to this recipe!
- Keto – Carrots are not a keto friendly veggie. To make keto or lower carb you can sub in mushrooms or even peppers in place of carrots
You totally could throw a fried egg (or two) on top too!)
How to store Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice:
These meal prep containers are my favorite. We use them every week and they are great! You can store this breakfast cauliflower fried rice for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. (it’s great for meal prepping!)
Other healthy low carb recipes:
- Burger Salad with Dill Pickle Vinaigrette
- Taco Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Chili Lime Shrimp
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Heat a large pan. Place bacon directly in to pan (you do not have to grease the pan as the bacon fat will allow it to cook naturally!)
- Cook bacon for 4 minutes on each side, flip + cook for additional 4 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned on edges.
- Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Make sure to keep bacon fat in pan. Add onions, garlic + carrots directly to pan with hot bacon fat. Sauté for 4 minutes until vegetables start to soften.
- Push vegetables off to the side + scramble eggs on one side of the pan for about 3 minutes until eggs are cooked.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, spices + coconut aminos with eggs/veggie mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. While mixture cooks, chop bacon.
- Stir in chopped bacon. Garnish with green onion + enjoy!