An easy cauliflower fried rice recipe that is healthy and low carb. Learn how to make cauliflower fried rice for a quick side dish or meal!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
This fried cauliflower rice is a twist on your traditional fried rice recipe that is PACKED with veggies and so incredibly delicious!
This recipe is paleo and whole30 friendly and I know you are going to love it!
Why we love this Cauliflower Rice Fried Rice Recipe
Here’s what makes this cauliflower fried rice one of our favorite side dishes:
- Quick To Make – This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and comes together in one pan!
- Easy To Customize – There are so many ways to customize this recipe. Check the green box below for our recommendations!
- Loaded With Veggies – This recipe is pure veggies! It’s the perfect side dish to add extra veggies to your dinner!
What is riced cauliflower?
Rice cauliflower is cauliflower that has been cut up very finely in a rice-like shape. You can rice it yourself using a food processor or find it in most produce sections.
Is this a healthy cauliflower fried rice recipe? Yes! This is a healthy cauliflower fried rice recipe. It’s made with a bunch of veggies and lighter condiments.
Important Note: This is not an authentic fried rice recipe. My goal is always to share recipes that are a bit healthier and made with affordable, accessible ingredients so everyone can enjoy them regardless of their food allergies or dietary restrictions. If you are looking for an authentic fried rice recipe – check out this recipe!
Cauliflower Fried Rice Ingredients
To make this fried cauliflower rice you will need:
- olive oil
- onion, garlic
- red bell pepper, carrots
- cauliflower rice, frozen green peas
- ground ginger, red pepper flakes, pepper
- toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, coconut aminos
How to make Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add in peppers and carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and green peas and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Push veggie mixture to side of pan and add whisked eggs to the pan and scramble on the empty side. Once eggs are cooked, stir together.
- Add spices, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and coconut aminos. Stir over low heat until combined and warm.
How long does it take to make riced cauliflower fried rice? It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish to make cauliflower fried rice!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
Vegetables: Bulk up the dish by adding more carrots or peppers! I’ve also added mushrooms and match-stick sliced zucchini and it was yummy!
Rice: You can use any type of rice in this recipe. Brown or white rice will work. I haven’t tried this recipe with frozen cauliflower rice but I think it would work. It might be a little bit mushier.
Egg free: You can simply omit the eggs.
How to Store and Reheat Cauliflower Fried Rice
How long will cauliflower fried rice last? Cauliflower rice will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. After that, it will start to get soggy.
Freezing Cauliflower Fried Rice: We don’t recommend freezing cauliflower fried rice. I haven’t tried it but I think it will get soggy and mushy when reheated.
Fried Cauliflower Rice FAQs
Cauliflower rice doesn’t taste exactly like rice. Rice has a blander flavor. It really tastes just like cauliflower, but the seasoning in this recipe helps it taste closer to typical fried rice.
Your cauliflower fried rice could be soggy because it’s overcooked or because you used frozen cauliflower rice. Cauliflower rice only needs to cook for a few minutes. If you overcook it, it will get very mushy and soggy.
Other healthy dinner recipes:
Wondering what to pair with this cauliflower rice? Check out these 40+ Easy Healthy Chicken Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy 30 minute dinners cookbook.
We have so many delicious healthy dinner recipes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Healthy Chicken Pad Thai
- Healthy Fried Rice
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- The Best Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped-1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely minced- about 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced in small squares- 1 large pepper
- 1 cup carrots peeled then finely chopped
- 1 lb raw cauliflower rice
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional- omit if you like less spice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- In a pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add in peppers and carrots. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add cauliflower rice and defrosted green peas. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Push the veggie mixture to one side of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs until combined. Add eggs to the pan and scramble on the empty side of the pan.
- Once eggs are cooked (about 1-2 minutes), stir together with veggie mixture.
- Add pepper, ginger, red pepper flakes, toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and coconut aminos. Stir over low heat until combined and warm.
- Serve with sesame seeds or chopped scallions + enjoy!