This Chili Lime Shrimp is an easy paleo, Whole30 and gluten free dinner that’s made in only 20 minutes! A delicious, healthy meal that’s super versatile! Use them in salads, tacos, or pasta – it’s up to you!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
This chili lime shrimp is the dinner you likely dream of.. here’s why:
- Easy to make (20 minutes start to finish)
- Low carb/keto/paleo/whole30
- Super versatile
It’s hard to find a meal that meets all those qualifications, but I somehow managed to do it! And I know you’re going to love it. (And yes, in case you were wondering shrimp are paleo and whole30!)
If you’re looking for other grilling recipes – check out these 25 Healthy Grilling Recipes!
These shrimp have the perfect zesty marinade with a little kick that is so easy/simple to make. (Like under 5 minutes to make simple!) Let me show you how it’s done.
Things you’ll need to make Chili Lime Shrimp:
To make Chili Lime Shrimp you’ll need 1 lb of shrimp (I bought deveined with tails/skin on), lime juice/zest, spices and some avocado oil. That’s it!
You probably already have everything you need to make these on hand! Let me show you how easy they are to make.
How to make chili lime shrimp:
To make Chili Lime Shrimp first mix together your marinade. Add the marinade/shrimp into a ziploc bag or bowl. Let them marinate for about 10 minutes (1 hour is best).
While they’re marinating get your grill heated. You want to make sure it is super hot before putting the shrimp on. 4-5 minutes on each side should give you perfectly cooked shrimp
These shrimp cook SO quickly, so just make sure to watch them!
Best shrimp for grilling:
Medium-Large shrimp are best for grilling. You don’t want super small shrimp because they can cook too quickly and get an icky, rubbery texture.
I used medium deveined shrimp in this recipe and they came out great!
Best skewers for grilling:
Metal skewers are definitely better for grilling because you don’t have to worry about them burning or catching fire. (Or leaving little flecks of wood in/near your food!)
I think these metal skewers from amazon are the best for grilling. They’re reasonably priced and have held up great for us. We pop them right in the dishwasher after using!
If you need to use wooden skewers, these are a good option.
How to grill shrimp:
It’s best to grill shrimp on high heat, quickly. Depending on the size of your shrimp you’ll only need about 4-5 minutes on each side at around 375 (high heat).
When the shrimp have turned from grey to a light pink you will know they’re cooked!
You can also use a grilling basket if it’s easier for you!
What goes with Chili Lime Shrimp:
Pretty much anything goes with this chili lime shrimp, but here are some of my favorites!
- As an appetizer – I like to serve these shrimp as an appetizer with guacamole
- In tacos– Top with some Pineapple Mango Salsa !
- On top of a salad
- Over rice or cauliflower rice
- With grilled veggies
- With Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
Substitutions for chili lime shrimp:
- Marinade: You can adjust the marinade on this if you’d like. Use any of these Healthy Salmon Marinades and double the recipes.
- Spices: It’s ok if you don’t have all of the spices, add a little bit more or less depending on what you have.
- Oil: You can use avocado oil instead of olive oil in this recipe if you’d like.
- Cooking in a pan: If you don’t have a grill you can pan sear these for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- WW Freestyle Note: Since the oil is mostly for a marinade, I only counted the points for the oil the shrimp were cooked in
- Shrimp: You can use this recipe on salmon or chicken too!
Other healthy grilling recipes
Here are some of our favorite healthy grilling recipes. All of these pair well with chili lime shrimp!
- Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Vegetable Kebabs
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- 25 Healthy Grilling Recipes
- Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Chili Lime Shrimp
- Preheat grill to 375 (medium-high heat)
- In a bowl, whisk together avocado oil + spices. Toss shrimp with marinade + allow it to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Add shrimps on to skewers. Place on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip + cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with guacamole for dipping, on a salad, or with sides.