This Chili Lime Shrimp is an easy paleo, Whole30 and gluten free dinner that’s made in only 20 minutes! A delicious, healthy meal that’s super versatile!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
This chili lime shrimp is the dinner you likely dream of.. here’s why:
- Easy to make (20 minutes start to finish)
- Low carb/keto/paleo/whole30
- Super versatile
It’s hard to find a meal that meets all those qualifications, but I somehow managed to do it! And I know you’re going to love it.
These shrimp have the perfect zesty marinade with a little kick that is so easy/simple to make. (Like under 5 minutes to make simple!) Let me show you how it’s done.
Things you’ll need to make Chili Lime Shrimp:
To make Chili Lime Shrimp you’ll need 1 lb of shrimp (I bought deveined with tails/skin on), lime juice/zest, spices and some avocado oil. That’s it!
You probably already have everything you need to make these on hand! Let me show you how easy they are to make.
How to make chili lime shrimp:
To make Chili Lime Shrimp first mix together your marinade. Add the marinade/shrimp into a ziploc bag or bowl. Let them marinate for about 10 minutes (1 hour is best). While they’re marinating get your grill heated. You want to make sure it is super hot before putting the shrimp on. 4-5 minutes on each side should give you perfectly cooked shrimp
Best shrimp for grilling:
Medium-Large shrimp are best for grilling. You don’t want super small shrimp because they can cook too quickly and get an icky, rubbery texture.
I used medium deveined shrimp in this recipe and they came out great!
How to grill shrimp:
It’s best to grill shrimp on high heat, quickly. Depending on the size of your shrimp you’ll only need about 4-5 minuts on each side at around 375 (high heat).
When the shrimp have turned from grey to a light pink you will know they’re cooked!
How to serve this Chili Lime Shrimp:
- As an appetizer – I like to serve these shrimp as an appetizer with guacamole
- In tacos– Top with some Pineapple Mango Salsa !
- On top of a salad
- With grilled veggies
Other healthy grilling recipes
Chili Lime Shrimp
- Preheat grill to 375 (medium-high heat)
- In a bowl, whisk together avocado oil + spices. Toss shrimp with marinade + allow it to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Add shrimps on to skewers. Place on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip + cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with guacamole for dipping, on a salad, or with sides.