The best Easy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas Recipe! These shrimp fajitas come together in under an hour for a delicious one pan dinner. This post is sponsored by our friends at ButcherBox.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, healthy dinner – these sheet pan shrimp fajitas are for you! Made in under an hour – this one pan dinner is bound to be your new weeknight favorite!
We’re big fans of healthy sheet pan dinners, especially during the week when we’re short on time and don’t really feel like doing any dishes!
Shrimp Fajitas are super easy to make and cook quickly which makes them perfect for dinner tonight or for meal prepping. They are so similar to the absolutely delicious fajitas you see at a Mexican restaurant.
why we love Shrimp Fajitas
There is a lot to love about this sheet pan shrimp fajitas recipe. It’s one of our favorite healthy dinners because:
- Easy to make – This is one of the easiest meals you can make! Toss together protein & veggies in a marinade and bake on a sheet pan – that’s it!
- Simple Ingredients – You probably have everything you need to make these sheet pan fajitas!
- One pan – One pan dinners are the best. They’re super easy to clean up! For this recipe, you’ll need only a bowl, spatula, and a baking sheet!
- High protein & veggie loaded – Shrimp are high in protein and low in fat, making them the perfect healthy dinner option!
Ingredients for One Pan Shrimp Fajitas
To make these easy one pan shrimp fajitas you’ll need:
- raw, peeled and deveined shrimp(we get our shrimp from ButcherBox!)
- olive oil
- lime juice
- paprika, ground cumin, salt, chili powder, oregano, pepper
- bell peppers
- tacos, cilantro, guacamole & salsa are optional for serving!
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
Best Shrimp for Fajitas
The best shrimp for fajitas are peeled, deveined shrimp. They’re the easiest to cook and to eat.
We used ButcherBox‘s raw, wild-caught U.S. gulf shrimp. Their shrimp is the perfect protein for a quick weeknight dinner or entertaining with friends/family. The shrimp super tender and slightly sweet- making it a great base for these fajitas!
Right now you can get free ground beef and $10 off! Try it today to get that awesome deal!
How to Make Easy Shrimp Fajitas
Making shrimp fajitas is SO easy!
- Mix together shrimp fajita marinade
- Add shrimp and vegetables to the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat with the marinade.
- Allow shrimp and vegetables to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 and prepare a lined baking sheet.
- Pour shrimp/veggies on the baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR SHRIMP FAJITAS
Shrimp: We have only made this recipe with peeled, deveined shrimp. I’m sure it would work with unpeeled shrimp, but it will not be as easy to eat!
If you want another easy fajita recipe, try this chicken fajita casserole.
Olive Oil: You can substitute olive oil with avocado oil.
Spices: Feel free to use more or less of any of the spices in the recipe.
Extra Veggies: You could add extra vegetables like red bell pepper (or other color bell peppers), red onions, mushrooms or even zucchini to this recipe.
How to make Fajitas on the stove
You can easily make this shrimp fajitas recipe on the stove instead of in the oven.
Marinate your shrimp & veggies for 20 minutes. When ready to cook, preheat a skillet. Add the shrimp and veggies and sauté for 10-12 minutes until shrimp is cooked thoroughly.
What toppings go on fajitas?
You can make fajitas with whatever toppings you like! Here are some of our favorite fajita toppings:
- sour cream
- pineapple mango salsa
- more cheese
- tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro leaves
- black beans
How to Serve Shrimp Fajitas:
Shrimp fajitas are a complete meal on their own. Here are some of our favorite things to serve with them:
- Spinach Strawberry Salad if you’re looking for extra veggies
- Healthy Easy Bean Dip
- The Best Skinny Margarita Recipe
- Healthy Strawberry Mojito
- Alongside rice & beans
- In flour or corn tortillas with any of the above mentioned toppings!
How to Store Shrimp Fajitas
Storing: These shrimp fajitas will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container
Freezing: I wouldn’t recommend freezing these shrimp fajitas. They’re best eaten fresh.
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave, toaster oven, oven or on the stove. We find it’s best to reheat fajitas in the toaster oven or in a pan on the stove.
How to defrost shrimp:
The best way to defrost shrimp is to allowing them to defrost overnight in your refrigerator.
if you need to defrost your shrimp quickly, place them in a bowl of cold water. You can change out the cold water every 5-10 minutes. Shrimp defrost pretty quickly and should defrost thoroughly in under a half hour. Make sure your shrimp are completely thawed before cooking.
Shrimp Fajita FAQ
Making shrimp fajitas in the oven is so simple. Mix together a fajita marinade. Then toss raw shrimp and vegetables in the marinade. Let the shrimp, peppers & onions marinate for 20 minutes. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
Shrimp take about 10-15 minutes to cook in the oven. Cook time will vary depending on the temperature of your oven.
No, you should always thaw frozen shrimp thoroughly before cooking to avoid bacteria.
Other healthy dinner recipes:
Looking for other easy meals? Check out these 40+ Healthy Dinner Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy 30 minute dinners cookbook.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- The Best Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
- Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Chili Lime Shrimp
- Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- 50+ Healthy Shrimp Recipes
Right now you can get 2 lbs of free ground beef and $10 off! Try it today and enjoy all that free ground beef!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 lb ButcherBox Raw Gulf Shrimp thawed, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers 2 peppers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions 2 onions
Optional, for serving:
- soft shell tacos, cilantro, limes, salsa, guacamole
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, lime juice and spices until combined.
- Add thawed shrimp and sliced vegetables to the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat with the marinade.
- Allow shrimp and vegetables to marinate for 20 minutes.
- While the shrimp marinate, preheat your oven to 450 and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- When ready to cook, place the shrimp/veggies on the baking sheet in an evenly spread out layer.
- Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes. You can set your oven to broil for the last minute to get a little char on the veggies/shrimp.
- Serve as is or enjoy with tacos, rice, etc.
Leave a Review