The Best Guacamole Recipe! This Homemade Guacamole Dip is easy to make and absolutely delicious. Perfect with chips as an easy homemade snack!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
While store bought guacamole is very convenient, it’s actually extremely easy to make homemade guacamole and it’s much more delicious!
Fresh guacamole is a creamy and flavorful dip made from ripe avocados, zesty lime juice, and a medley of herbs and spices.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering, potluck, or simply craving a delicious snack, this homemade guacamole is sure to hit the spot!
Why we love this Homemade Guacamole Dip:
- Perfect for a crowd – Everyone will love this super flavorful guacamole and it’s so easy to make more if you have a lot of people coming together. Pair it with The Best Skinny Margarita Recipe, for the perfect combo!
- Versatile – Use this guacamole as a dip or on top of your favorite Healthy Taco Salad or Chicken Fajitas
- Easy to make! – Made with only 8 ingredients – this guacamole takes under 5 minutes to prep!
What is guacamole?
Guacamole is an avocado-based dip that can also be used as a spread, or on a salad.
Fresh Guacamole ingredients
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Guacamole
- Prep avocados. Slice in half, remove the pit and scoop out the center. In a large bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. You can leave some chunks, or mash until smooth!
- Add onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the avocado mash. Stir until combined.
- Serve with chips & enjoy!
Homemade Guacamole substitutions and additions
Cherry Tomatoes: Tomatoes are optional in guacamole, but recommended. If you don’t have cherry tomatoes you can use chopped roma tomatoes or really any type of tomato! If you love tomatoes, try our Homemade Bruschetta.
Jalapeños: Feel free to skip the jalapenos if you don’t like the added spice.
Cilantro: Cilantro can be omitted or replaced with parsley.
How to serve this Recipe for Guacamole
Everything goes great with this guacamole recipe! Here are some of our favorite things to serve it with:
- Healthy Taco Salad Recipe (Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb)
- Easy Taco Dip
- The Best Skinny Margarita Recipe
- Homemade Turkey Burgers Recipe
- Keto Bell Pepper Nachos
- Taco Casserole Bake
- Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Shrimp Fajitas
Best Guacamole Recipe FAQs
Kind of, but packed with a lot more flavor!
Yes, guacamole is packed with healthy fats and nutrients!
How to keep guacamole from turning brown
The key to keeping guacamole from turning brown is to make sure air can’t get to it. Guacamole gets brown when it is exposed to the air. The best way to prevent guacamole from turning brown is to press plastic wrap up against it tightly.
The plastic wrap should be touching the top of the guacamole to keep air from touching the guacamole.
There’s nothing wrong with guacamole turning brown, it’s just the avocados naturally oxidizing. You can usually just stir it up and no one will even notice it’s browned!
How to store Homemade Guacamole
How long does guacamole last? Guacamole is best enjoyed fresh but will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator. When storing, keep in an airtight container and press plastic wrap into the top of the guacamole to prevent it from going brown.
Can you freeze guacamole? We don’t recommend freezing guacamole. It doesn’t taste as good as it does when made fresh. It takes minutes to make, so your best option is to make it fresh and enjoy it!
- Prep avocados. Slice in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the center. In a large bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. You can leave some chunks, or mash until smooth!
- Chop onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Add onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to the avocado mash. Stir until combined.
- Serve with chips & enjoy!