Paleo Whole30 Chicken Fajitas are the perfect healthy, low carb dinner. Keto, gluten free, and made in under 30 minutes – you’ll love this tasty meal! This post is sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins. I’m loving their new Bone Broth Collagen!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Is Fajita Friday a thing? If not I think we should make it one. Cause Taco Tuesday has NOTHING on these Whole30 Chicken Fajitas. Naturally paleo, gluten free, low in carbs and so delicious – this easy fajitas dinner is one of my favorite things to make. Even if you’re not doing a Whole30 this is a delicious chicken fajitas recipe that regardless of your diet anyone will love!
When I was on a Whole30 – I was okay with letting go of some of my favorite things for a few weeks..(pasta, bread, cheese, etc) but one thing I was NOT going to give up was Mexican food. No joke – we eat Mexican food (usually tacos) at least once a week. We keep it pretty simple with a whole wheat tortilla, ground turkey, guac, cheddar cheese, salsa and our own healthy taco seasoning.
I knew I could make a simple Whole30 Fajitas recipe that would be delicious and satisfy my cravings!
How to Make Chicken Fajitas
Making these Paleo Chicken Fajitas really isn’t as hard as you’d think. You’ll need a few basic ingredients like:
- Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- olive oil
In a pan, heat olive oil. Brown your chicken until thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes. Add in veggies and spices and continue to sauté until cooked, about 10 minutes. Serve your fajita mixture in lettuce cups with your favorite toppings + enjoy!
How to Make Fajitas Paleo/Whole30
- Swap tortillas for lettuce wraps– Traditional fajitas are served with tortillas which aren’t paleo or whole30. I like to use romaine, butter lettuce or even iceberg for our lettuce wraps.
- Find Whole30 approved salsas to top your fajitas so you don’t miss the cheese and beans– This Pineapple Mango Salsa (Whole Foods Copycat) is a great topping to tacos or fajitas. So is guacamole! Both are so full of flavor you won’t even miss the cheese!
- Load up on spices! Great spices can make anything taste good! This Whole30 fajita seasoning recipe is easy and made with spices you likely have in your pantry. I blended a mix of my favorite spices and Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen to create the perfect flavor packed dish. When the spices mix with the moisture of the veggies you have this yummy paleo/whole30 fajita sauce that is DELICIOUS!
This Bone Broth Collagen added SO much flavor to the dish. I thought my normal spice mix was pretty delicious, but this took it to a whole new level. It also added in an extra 9 grams of protein which is pretty crazy! In addition to learning that fresh produce + great spices are key to a successful Whole30, I also learned that you need a TON of protein to keep you full. Having that extra boost was awesome.
Can you make these paleo fajitas in the crockpot?
Yes you can! Simply add all ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
Can you make these fajitas with steak or shrimp?
Other Whole30 Recipes to try:
- Whole 30 Rosemary Pecan Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- Instant Pot Healthy Lemon Chicken Soup
- Burger Salad with Dill Pickle Vinaigrette
- Italian Pork Tenderloin Sheet Pan Dinner
Whole30 Chicken Fajitas
Optional: Fresh salsa, guacamole for topping
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add chicken to the pan and cook on medium high heat until chicken starts to brown, approximately 15 minutes
- While chicken is cooking, whisk together all spices + Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen and set aside. Slice peppers/onions.
- Once chicken has cooked, add peppers, onions + spices to the cooked chicken/onions. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan. Stir occasionally, cooking until peppers/onions start to soften, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve mixture in romaine lettuce wraps + top with guacamole/fresh salsa.
Did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!