An easy, delicious Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe everyone will love! These pepper nachos are healthy, easy to make and tasty! Keto friendly too!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
These Bell Pepper Nachos have been one of our go to snacks, appetizers, or easy dinners for years and I’m so excited for you to try them!
Even though they are keto and healthy, you won’t miss the chips because these nachos are absolutely loaded with the best toppings.
Feel free to customize them with your favorite nacho or taco toppings!
Is there anything better than no-guilt nachos?
In my opinion…no.
These low-carb nachos are the perfect combination of sweet and crispy, full of color, nutrients, and packed with flavor. You won’t miss the chips, I promise!
Bell Pepper Nachos (Keto) Ingredients:
Here’s everything you need to make them:
- ground beef or ground turkey
- taco seasoning
- mini peppers
- black beans
- nonfat greek yogurt
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
- Heat olive oil and ground meat until browned. Stir in your taco seasoning and water. Stir to coat.
- Place halved peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet with the centers facing up. Top with cooked turkey, black beans, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted. Then top with nonfat greek yogurt, avocado, limes, or whatever nacho toppings you like!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR BELL PEPPER NACHOS:
Ground Beef: We like 85/15 ground beef. Feel free to use leaner ground beef depending on what you like. ground turkey or ground chicken would work. To make vegetarian you can use cooked lentils or ground beef substitute.
Water: Any broth or stock (broth and stock are the same) can be used instead of water in this recipe. Beef Broth, Chicken Broth, or vegetable broth all work interchangeably. I always use low or no-salt broth.
Black beans: Any type of bean can be used in this recipe. Pinto beans would work best.
Greek Yogurt: You can use low-fat sour cream instead of greek yogurt in this recipe.
Avocado: You could also substitute Homemade Guacamole.
Pepper Nachos FAQs
Make sure not to overbake your peppers to avoid them going mushy and soggy.
Chili peppers or jalapeños are a great addition to nachos, they give them a kick!
This recipe has 304 calories per serving.
How to serve Mini Pepper Nachos
These Mini Pepper Nachos are so versatile, they make the perfect keto snack or appetizer on their own.
If you want to serve them for game day- we also have 50+ Healthy Game Day Snacks to try!
What toppings are good on Bell Pepper Nachos?
We love the recipe as written, but you could also try:
- Salsa Verde Chicken, Pulled Pork, or even Steak
- Green onions, Jalapeños, Olives, Corn, Caramelized Onions
- One of our Healthy Salsa Recipes like Corn Salsa
Storing Keto Bell Pepper Nachos
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Freezing: I don’t think this recipe would freeze very well as it is really best eaten right out of the oven.
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the toaster oven or in the oven. They may get soggy in the microwave.
Healthy Bell Pepper Nachos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and cooked ground meat for 10 minutes until browned.
- Once the meat has cooked, stir in your taco seasoning and water. Stir to coat the meat in seasonings.
- While the ground meat cooks, prep the peppers. Cut the stems off and halve them lengthwise.
- Place halved peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet with the centers facing up.
- Top the peppers with cooked turkey, black beans and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with nonfat greek yogurt, avocado, limes, or whatever nacho toppings you like!