Garlic Parmesan Corn is the best way to cook corn on the cob! Grilled or roasted to perfection, this is the perfect easy side dish! You can make it in the oven or on the grill. It’s so simple to make and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in 2018 but has since been updated.
Growing up as a kid, corn on the cob was always a staple in our house during the summer. When the months start to get warmer, sweet local corn can be found pretty much everywhere and it’s SO delicious.
Usually we serve or corn with plain butter or olive oil… but this year I gave it an upgrade: garlic and parmesan cheese.
Just when you thought sweet corn couldn’t get any better… it gets brushed in an olive oil garlic mixture and grilled to perfection.
As if that wasn’t good enough… we dust it with a little parmesan cheese right as it comes off the grill.
OMG is it good. (and easy!) Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Grilled Corn:
To make this garlic parmesan grilled corn you’ll need:
You can find substitutions for this recipe listed below.
If you’re looking for other grilling recipes – check out these 25 Healthy Grilling Recipes !
How to cook Garlic Parm Corn:
To make this garlic parmesan grilled corn:
- Mix together your garlic, olive oil and spices. Brush the corn with the garlic olive oil mixture until coated.
- Place the corn on the heated grill and cook for 20 minutes. Once the corn comes off the grill, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil: I prefer to cook corn without foil so that you can get the real flavor of the grill but you can definitely wrap this corn in foil and grill it – it’s totally up to you. The foil will not affect the cooking time.
Baking in the oven: You can bake this corn on the cob in the oven. If you’re going to bake the corn in the oven, I would recommend wrapping it in foil.
Substitutions for Grilled Corn:
Garlic: If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of minced garlic to 1.5 teaspoon dried garlic
Parmesan: If you are dairy free omit the parmesan cheese
What to serve with this grilled corn:
This grilled corn is great on it’s own, but really works well as a side to pretty much anything!
- We served it with Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork and Balsamic Mushrooms
- With Veggie Kebabs
- Flank Steak
- Alongside Garlic Brussels Sprouts and Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Storing Corn on the Cob:
Storing: You can store this cooked corn on the cob in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Freezing: We would not recommend freezing cooked grilled corn on the cob. You can take the kernels off the cob and freeze them if you’d like.
Other healthy grilling recipes:
We love to grill! (We even have a free grilling ebook!) Here are some of our other favorite grilling recipes:
- Balsamic Mushrooms or Grilled Vegetables in Foil
- Vegetable Kebabs
- One Hour Grilled Dinner
- Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Garlic Lime Flank Steak
Garlic Parmesan Corn
- Prepare corn – remove husks and any excess silk on the corn.
- In a bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Brush the corn with the oil/garlic mixture.
- Heat your grill on medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Grill corn for 20 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- Once corn has cooked, remove from the grill and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.