This yummy Healthy Honey Mint Lemonade recipe is an easy to make, refreshing drink to cool off with! Sweetened with honey & made with only 4 ingredients! Low in sugar, this drink is perfect for sipping by the pool or mixing with your favorite spirits for a summer cocktail!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
This Healthy Honey Mint Lemonade has quickly become one of my favorite things to sip on, especially in the dog days of summer.
It’s just the perfect amount of sweet from the honey, refreshing from the mint, and zippy from the lemons.
The Healthy Honey Mint Lemonade is great to sip on on it’s own, or even better when you muddle in some cucumbers and vodka with it (Check out this Cucumber Lemonade Vodka Cocktail for that recipe!)
Up until a few months ago, I couldn’t even tell you how long it’s been since I’ve had a glass of lemonade…Maybe 5 or 6 years? Maybe longer. In general, juice isn’t something we normally buy because it’s loooooaded with sugar.
I feel like lemonade in particular has even more sugar than most juices.. and it also has a weird flavor when you buy it pre-made/bottled.
Is it me or is that a thing? It’s like a fake lemon flavor. Not a fan.
What makes this lemonade healthy?
I’ll admit that I shamelessly love the powdered Country Time lemonade mix that you can grab at the grocery store.. but this is infinitely better.
- No dye/food coloring – most lemonades have added dye in them.. no thanks!
- Less sugar – the average lemonade has 35G-45G of sugar in a 12 oz serving… Uhm… what? This lemonade is sweetened with only honey and you can even add less honey to control the sweetness further
Now I LOVE lemonade, and I knew I had to figure out a way to make it healthier.. but honestly, it turns out it’s not that hard to do!
Since I was already being all fancy by making my own lemonade, I figured I might as well go all the way and jazz it up by adding mint. Lemon and mint is one of my favorite combinations.
It’s super refreshing. The tart lemons, cool mint, and little hint of sweetness from the honey in this Healthy Honey Mint Lemonade make it absolutely delicious + perfect for cooling off with during the summer heat.
How to make healthy honey mint lemonade:
To make this mint lemonade you’ll need:
Making this delicious lemonade is so simple!
- Heat 1 cup of water with your honey until it is dissolved.
- Muddle in mint + allow it to cool.
- Stir in cold water and enjoy! That’s it!
I’ve already made this twice since my first time making it. The second time I muddled in fresh strawberries which was absolutely delicious..
The other time I might have added vodka + cucumbers to make the this Cucumber Lemonade Vodka Cocktail which is one of my favorite summer happy hour drinks!
I hope you love this Healthy Honey Mint Lemonade as much as we do!
Substitutions for this mint lemonade recipe:
This lemonade is pretty versatile. Here are a few ways you can customize it!
Add ins: You can also add in sliced strawberries or cucumbers for extra flavor
Honey – I haven’t tried making this with maple syrup but it may work. I would start with less than 1/2 cup of maple syrup and add to your taste as maple syrup can be sweeter! You could also use a Honey Syrup
Other healthy drink recipes:
Healthy Honey Mint Lemonade
- In a small pot, warm 1 cup of water. Stir in honey until it is dissolved. Once honey is dissolved, add in fresh mint leaves + muddle.
- Add remaining 5 cups of cold water and lemon juice.
- Stir + serve over ice.
- Add ins: You can also add in sliced strawberries or cucumbers for extra flavor
- Honey – I haven’t tried making this with maple syrup but it may work. I would start with less than 1/2 cup of maple syrup and add to your taste as maple syrup can be sweeter!