Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread is a delicious, lighter treat. Made with wholesome ingredients like blueberries and oat flour – it’s great for breakfast!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Oh how I love this Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread… it basically tastes like Spring in the form of bread!
It’s light, sweet, lemony… a perfect combo!
This Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread was the result of me accidentally buying waaaay too many lemons/berries. You guys all know how much I love Costco, but sometimes I get a little overzealous and think that buying lbs of produce is a good idea
(btw if you haven’t checked out The Best Whole30 Costco Shopping List you totally should!)
Thankfully berries + citrus go together beautifully, so I was more than happy to get to baking with them.
This recipe is so perfect for Spring/Summer. It’s light, just a little sweet (from honey!) and perfect for breakfast or a snack.
What makes this Lemon Blueberry Bread healthy?
- Naturally sweetened– This bread has minimal sugar, being sweetened only with honey and fresh berries
- Made with whole grains- I used whole wheat flour in this recipe rather than bleached white flour. Whole wheat flour is a great source of whole grains and so much better for you than regular white flour! This is the whole wheat pastry flour I like.
Substitutions for this Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe:
- To make gluten free: replace whole wheat flour with Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour
- To make vegan: Here’s a Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe. You can also subbing the egg/egg white for with flax eggs, sub honey with maple syrup, and sub greek yogurt for dairy free yogurt.
How to store Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread:
You can store this bread covered on your counter for a few days, but I recommend keeping it in the refrigerator for maximum freshness!
Other yummy Healthy Bread Recipes:
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1.5 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 + prepare a greased 9x5 baking dish
- In a large bowl mix whole wheat pastry flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger
- In a separate bowl mix lemon zest, melted coconut oil, egg, egg white, vanilla extract, honey, yogurt, juice, + milk
- Combine the wet + dry ingredients
- Slowly fold in blueberries with a spatula
- Pour batter in a greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cake is cooked thoroughly in the middle. The cake should be golden brown on the outside and a cake tester or toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- To make gluten free: replace whole wheat flour with Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour
- I haven't tried making this bread vegan. Here's a Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe. You can also subbing the egg/egg white for with flax eggs, sub honey with maple syrup, and sub greek yogurt for dairy free yogurt.