Doing a Whole30 and wondering where to start at the grocery store? I’ve put together The Best Whole30 ALDI Shopping List you’ll find! Check out all of my favorite Whole30 approved ALDI finds below!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally published in May of 2018 but updated in December of 2020
One of the most common responses I get when I tell people I run a blog about healthy food is ‘Ugh, it’s just SO expensive to eat healthy’. Which is SO NOT TRUE. We have a whole post about Eating Healthy on a Budget.
If you’re an ALDI shopper you probably already know it’s a great place to get all the deals on healthy food. (And if you’re not an ALDI shopper I promise you will be after you read this list!
ALDI has some of the absolute best prices on food + produce, and I seriously love shopping there for Whole30 goods!
Of course, ALDI does have a majority of food that is not Whole30 approved, but if you can sift through you’ll find some Whole30 gems there!
An important note: Please double check ALL of the ingredients on any item you buy during your Whole30. Grocers frequently change their products/ingredients and I would hate for you to have to restart your Whole30 if one of these ingredients are no longer compliant.
Whole30 Aldi’s Produce
I can’t write this post without raving about the price of produce at Aldi. The ALDI closest to me has an awesome selection of organic produce that is both delicious, and great quality. Here are some of the prices of the organic produce that I snagged the last time I was there:
- Organic Tomatoes on vine $2.89 for a 2lb bag
- Organic Avocados – $1 each
- Organic Baby Carrots -$1.69 for a 1 lb
- Organic Sweet Peppers – $2.99/lb
Whole30 Aldi Jarred Goods
ALDI has a lot of Whole30 approved pantry staples that are great for having on hand for adding to dinners, salads, etc. Here are some of the things I found that I love:
- Salsa: Mild & Medium Chunky Salsa (Casa Mamita Brand)
- Pickles: Hamburger Dill Chips & Kosher dill Spears (Great Gherkins brand)
- Kalamata Olives for using in this Whole 30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Black olives – Tuscan Garden Brand
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Banana Pepper Rings
- Artichoke Hearts
- Jarred: Quartered Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Quartered Artichoke Hearts both Tuscan Garden
- ALDI Specially Selected Premium Marinara is sugar free at my ALDI – I’ve heard that it is not at all ALDI’s because they get their sauce from different suppliers. I couldn’t find any other ALDI sauces that didn’t have canola oil or sugar added to them, but you can try to find them! Maybe your store has other options.
Whole30 Aldi Canned Goods
There are so many canned goods at Aldi that are Whole30 compliant! A lot of people doing Whole30 feel the need to buy only fresh, raw ingredients. If you can save time and $$ with canned goods – I’m all for it!
- Vegetables: Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, Whole Potatoes (Happy Harvest Brand)
- Tomatoes: Tomato Sauce, Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, Basil Garlic & Oregano Diced Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes – all Happy Harvest Brand
- Canned Fish: Wild Alaska Pink Salmon, Sustainably Caught SkipJack Chunk Light Tuna, Sardines in Sunflower Oil, Chunk Light Tuna – Sub mayo for greek yogurt in this Healthy Tuna Salad
- Crushed Pineapple – great in salsas, or over chicken/fish. Make sure to get the Crushed Pineapple in 100% juice as many others have added syrup/sugar
- Burman’s Hot Sauce (a Frank’s knock off! Use it in this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole)
Whole30 Aldi Oils & Spices
There are lots of Whole30 friendly oils and spices to choose from at Aldi! Here are some of them.
- Oils: Avocado Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Simply Nature, Carlini & Specially Selected brands), Grape seed Oil (Not recommended but technically compliant)
- Coconut Oil
- Oil Sprays: Coconut & Avocado Blend Spray, Coconut Oil Spray. Rather than buying these expensive canned spray oils – I have a refillable oil sprayer that I use my own oil in. Here’s the link to it.
- Dried Spices – Red Pepper, Parsley, Basil, Black Pepper, etc – double check the ingredients for corn starch or other anti-caking agents.
- Spice Pastes – Aldi had some ‘Stir in Paste’ spices which I love to have on hand. My store had ginger and basil, both of which were compliant
Most spice blends (taco mixes, seasonings, etc – were not compliant. Try making your own! We love this Healthy Taco Seasoning!
Whole30 Aldi Drinks
There aren’t a ton of Whole30 friendly drinks at Aldi – but Aldi’s almond milk and seltzers are Whole30 friendly! Here is what I found:
- Unsweetened Almond Vanilla –
- Organic Unsweetened Almond Vanilla
- GTs Kombucha – My Aldi almost always has this in the refrigerated section, but sometimes it’s not there!
- Coconut Water: Plain & Pineapple. Make sure there is no added sugar
- Seltzer: La Croix, Belle Vie and Pur Aqua
Whole30 Approved Frozen Foods at ALDI
- Vegetables: California Medley, Broccoli Florets, Asparagus Spears, Cauliflower, Cauliflower Rice, Peas. I’m sure there are more but this is all my store had.
- Seafood: Haddock, Tilapia, Flounder, Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops all had only one ingredient and no fillers!
- Meat: Turkey Burgers & Black Angus Burgers are both Whole30 friendly
- Frozen Fruit: My aldi had frozen berry medley and pineapples. I’m sure there are more frozen fruits that are compliant!
Whole30 Snacks at Aldi
Snacking really isn’t encouraged on Whole30, and Aldi has limited Whole30 friendly snacks. My. go to Whole30 snack are Chomps (use code CLEANEATING to save $$). Here’s what I found at Aldi
- Raw Nuts (Southern Grove Brand) – These were in the baking isle
- Chia Seeds & Flax Seeds –Also in the baking isle
- Raw Cashews (Simply Nature)
- 100 Calorie Almonds & Walnuts/Whole Almonds
- Dried Fruit: California Mission Figs, Pitted Prunes, California Raisins
Whole30 Meat at Aldi
Unfortunately ALDI didn’t have a ton of compliant meats. A lot of their things like sausages and marinated meats had noncompliant ingredients.
My ALDI does have grass fed ground beef for $4.79/lb which is a really good price. I’ve also found ground turkey for $3.28/lb, and organic/free range whole chicken that was I believe only $0.99/lb (it might have been on sale)
You just have to scope out the good prices + good quality! If you are going to buy meat at Aldi – stick to plain meat and double check that sugar hasn’t been added to it. Don’t go for pre-marinated or pre cooked meats.
Whole30 Aldi Refrigerated Section
- Pineapple Poblano Guacamole
- Spicy Homestyle Guacamole
- Mild Cantina Fresh Salsa