I’ve put together The Best Whole30 Trader Joe’s Shopping List you’ll find! Check out all of my favorite Whole30 approved Trader Joe’s finds!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in 2018 but has been updated.
I scoured all of Trader Joe’s for you to compose THE BEST list of Whole30 Trader Joe’s items!
So many of you love my IG stories about what I buy at Trader Joe’s so I figured it only made sense to capture it in a blog post for you to be able to see any time ya need it!
You might be wondering…
What can I buy at Trader Joe’s whole 30?
A LOT! This whole list of products are Whole30 compliant. From produce to condiments, packaged items and more – there are SO many things you can get at Trader Joe’s on your whole30. Let’s get into it!
Free Whole30 Meal Plan
Before we get started… did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details! It has:
- a grocery list
- meal planning schedule to save you time in the kitchen
- a week’s worth of recipes!
Recipes I make with my favorite Whole30 Trader Joes Finds:
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Produce
Pretty much anything in the produce section is Whole30 approved. With the exception of salad kits and some dressings -all fruits and veggies are a thumbs up.
However, there are a few things from Trader Joe’s that will make your life SO much easier when meal prepping/trying to stay on track.
- Jicama Wraps – These are amazing for a tortilla sub! Great with cooked taco meat, eggs.. really anything!
- Riced Broccoli + Cauliflower – Yes, you can 100% make your own riced cauliflower + broccoli.. but buying this is so much easier.
- Healthy Chopped Veggie Mix – I seriously LOVE this stuff. It’s something that I would’ve never thought to chop up and pair together by myself, but it’s so good. I love to cook up ground turkey with coconut aminos, this mix, and serve over cauliflower rice. It’s SO good.
- Mirepoix Mix – Game changer when you want to quickly start a soup/stew! Everything is already cut up for you – easy peasy!
- Steamed Beets – Beets can be a pain to cook, but I really love them. These steamed beets are so perfect because you don’t have to worry about cooking them (or having stained hands for a week!) They’re great for adding to salads.
- Precut veeggies: Shaved Brussels Srouts, Butternut Squash Zig Zags, Carrot spirals to name a few!
- Jicama sticks – fun for snacking on with dressing
- Peeled garlic
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Dates – I ALWAYS buy my dates at Trader Joe’s. They’re the best! In addition to being super fresh + sweet, they’re so reasonably priced. Dates are good for adding sweetness to sauces, or as the base of energy bites (like these Whole 30 Chocolate Coconut Bites or Whole 30 Key Lime Pie Bites)
- Vegan Kale, Cashew & Basil Pesto
- Roasted Vegetables Simply Dressed (refrigerated section near meat)
- Broccoli Slaw, Shredded Cabbage & Shredded Carrots
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Canned/Jarred Goods
A lot of my Whole30 pantry staples are from Trader Joe’s. They’re affordable and convenient for stocking up on! Here are some of the things I always keep on hand.
- Flours: Coconut & Almond Flour are great to have on hand for making Whole30 friendly versions of your favorite things (Like my Clean Eating Chicken Tenders that are kinda amazing!)
- Oils : TJ’s has so many different compliant oils to choose from: Avocado, Olive, Toasted Sesame Oil
- Butternut squash + pumpkin puree – Good for snacking on, adding into soups, as a quick side with meals, etc
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Chili Onion Crunch
- Olive Tapenade
- Organic Tahini
- Fire Roasted Green Chilies
- Dill Pickle Spears (other pickles are not W30 compliant)
- Apple Sauce – Unsweetened Organic
- Minced Garlic – comes in a jar, makes cooking easy!
- Grilled Artichoke Halves – Also really good for adding flavor to dishes.
- Canned Tuna – In case you need something quick for lunch
- Tomatoes – Canned & diced
- Tomato Paste
- Canned Jackfruit – A cool vegetarian option. Shreds like pulled pork.
- Green Olives, Kalamata Olives, Black Olives
- Marinated Artichokes & Marinated Grilled Artichoke Halves (in a glass jar)
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Broth’s
Not all broths are Whole30. The Whole30 Compliant Broths from Trader Joe’s are: Hearty Vegetable Broth, Chicken Bone Broth, Beef Bone Broth, Organic Free Range Chicken Stock, Low Sodium Veggie Broth, Chicken Bone Broth/Beef Bone Broth (refrigerated) are. Make sure to check the labels because many have sugar!
Trader Joes Tomato Sauce
Jarred sauce is an awesome thing to have on hand for a quick dinner. I like to brown turkey, pour sauce over it + simmer for 20 minutes for a quick bolognese!
The Whole30 Compliant Sauces at Trader Joe’s are:
- Spicy Chunky Tomato & Pepper
- Arrabiata Sauce
- Bruschetta Sauce
- Canned Organic Tomato Sauce
You can use the canned tomatoes to make our Healthy Crockpot Tomato Sauce which is Whole30 Compliant!
Trader Joes Herbs & Spices:
Most spices at Trader Joe’s are Whole30 Compliant.Always check your labels!
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Condiments
- Spicy Brown Deli Mustard -This was the only Whole30 mustard I could find at TJ’s. We love mustard and use it in tons of marinades, so having this on hand is a necessity!
- Coconut aminos – A healthier alternative to soy sauce – soooo yummy. This is great for adding to marinades and making stir fries with
- Vegan Kale Cashew & Basil Pesto (refrigerated)
- Yuzu Hot Sauce
- Fish sauce
- Bomba Sauce
Whole30 Salsas & Dips
Salsa, dips and guac are great
- Salsa- I checked all of the ones that my local store had and here are the Whole30 Trader Joe’s Salsas that I found:
- In the refrigerated section: Mild Pico de Gallo, Extra Hot Habanero Ghost Pepper Salsa, Salsa Especial,
- In the isles: Organic Thick & Chunky. Salsa, Salsa Verde, Salsa Autentica, Hatch Valley Salsa, Garlic Chipotle Salsa, Organic Tomatillo Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa, Double Roasted Salsa,
- Salsas are perfect for putting on eggs, adding into recipes (Sometimes I throw a jar into my Paleo Turkey Chili for extra flavor), or just adding on top of meals. I love this Roasted Garlic Salsa on top of my Whole30 Chicken Fajitas!
- Guacamole: Chunky Spicy Guacamole + Avocado’s Number 1 Guacamole – Who doesn’t love guac? Both of these guacamole’s are Whole30 compliant. They’re also really yummy! Perfect for serving on top of these Paleo Turkey Taco Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Romesco Dip (refrigerated)
- Organic Creamy Cashew Fiesta Dip (refrigerated)
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Protein/Meat
Trader Joe’s has a great variety of really affordable meats. You can get regular conventional meats- or if you want grass fed/free range they have that too! Plus their frozen section has SO many awesome things.
I love stocking up on the frozen goods because you can always know they’re there in a pinch!
- Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage – This was the only Whole30 compliant sausage I could find at my TJ’s. I’ve seen other people posting about different flavors, but this is the only one we had.
- Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen) – These are SO good. I love them with guac, and my Healthy Baked French Fries on the side!
- Turkey Burgers (frozen) – These are very simple.. no flavoring in them at all. You can eat them as is, or you can crumble them up and use them for a quick stir fry.
- Angus Beef Burgers (frozen) Also super simple. Great for grilling!
- Pre-cooked Chicken/Turkey: Grilled Chicken Breast, Simply Roast Chicken Breast with Rib meat, Sliced Roast Turkey Breast are all compliant- While I wouldn’t buy these every week, (I just prefer making my own) they’re good when you’re in a pinch!
- Traditional Carnitas
- Frozen seafood – Scallops, salmon, shrimp and many more frozen seafood items at my TJ’s. Double check the labels and make sure nothing is added!
- No Sugar Dry Rubbed Uncured Bacon
- Canned tuna
- Prosciutto – both the Trader Joes & Critterio brand
- Salmon – Nova salmon brand, and sockeye smoked salmon are delicious
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Frozen Veggies + Fruits
Trader Joe’s is known for their frozen section – but many of the ingredients aren’t compliant. Here are some of our favorite Whole30 compliant frozen fruit/veggies from Trader Joe’s!
- Fire Roasted Bell Peppers & Onions – Love these, they’re so full of flavor! Great for adding in stir frys. You could even use these in my fajitas to make them quicker!
- Carrot & Zucchini Spirals – These are good to have in your freezer! I prefer these non-frozen, but they’re good in a pinch
- Organic Riced Cauliflower– For some reason riced cauliflower seems to get slimy for me pretty quickly so I usually opt for this when I’m shopping.
- Grilled Cauliflower
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes– SO yummy. And easy!
- Colorful Carrot Coins – These are a new-to-me find and I’m loving them! They’re great for serving with protein/veggies!
- Frozen Blueberries, Strawberries, Pineapples
- Frozen Green Beans, Asparagus, Spinach & Peas
- Cauliflower Gnocchi – Not totally in the spirit of Whole30 because it’s a recreation of pasta, but they are technically compliant.
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Snacks:
Snacks aren’t really encouraged on Whole30, you’re better off eating smaller ‘mini’ meals. With that being said, these things are great to keep on hand for ’emergency foods’!
- Nut Butters: Almond Butter, cashew butter, mixed nut butter. Read ingredients to make sure there are no extra sugars because formulas change from time to time.
- Nuts/Seeds -They have any and every nut/seed you can think of at Trader Joes. Try to stay away from the marinated/flavored ones because they typically have non-compliant ingredients. All raw nuts are compliant. Other roasted nuts are not compliant.
- Fresh Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs – Yes, you can totally make your hard boiled eggs… but when you’re in a pinch – this is the way to go.
- All the fruit and veggies. Trader Joe’s has awesome priced produce (in my opinion) I love buying their carrots, peppers, and berries for snacking on!
- RX Bar
- Manzanilla Olives
- Freeze Dried Fruit – Most dried fruit has added sugar to it but the freeze fruit doesn’t
- Dried Fruit: Figs, apricots and some raisins were Whole30 compliant at our store – make sure to
- Chomps – We like to order from them online (you can use our code CLEANEATING to save $$)
- Epic Bars – I prefer Chomps
- This Coconut Brings Chocolate on a Date Bar – Be careful with these, they have a lot of sugar and could easily awake your sugar dragon if you’re doing Whole30.
Whole30/Trader Joe’s Drinks:
I wasn’t able to get many photos of the drinks at Trader Joe’s because it was crowded, but here is a list of compliant drinks
- Almond Beverage -Vanilla
- Almond Cashew & Macadamia Nut Beverage
- Seltzer water with Ginger, Seltzer water with Cranberry & Lime, Seltzer Water with Blood Orange
- GTS Kombucha
- Coconut Water with Yuzu/Coconut Water
- Organic Cold Brew Coffee
- Chamomile Tea, Peppermint Tea
- Orange Juice & Tangerine juice (look for one that ONLY has oranges or tangerines as the ingredient!)
Whole30/Trader Joe’s FAQ’s:
Is Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi whole30? Yes, it technically is. Cauliflower gnocchi is not totally in the spirit of Whole30 because it’s a recreation of pasta, but they are technically compliant.
Is Trader Joe’s pesto whole30? Trader Joe’s Vegan Cashew Kale Pesto is compliant! It’s one of our favorite pestos. We like to use it in these Whole30 Pesto Chicken Zucchini Noodles. The pesto has sunflower oil which isn’t recommended for eating every day but fine in small quantities.
Is Trader Joe’s Mayo whole30 compliant? No, Trader Joe’s Mayo is not Whole30 compliant. It has soybean oil
Looking for other Whole30 Resources? Check these out!
Whole30 Shopping Lists:
- Best Whole30 Target Shopping List
- The Best Whole30 ALDI Shopping List
- The Best Whole30 Costco Shopping List
- Whole30 Gift Guide