If you’re doing a Whole30 & need some help grocery shopping, I’ve put together The Best Whole30 Costco Shopping List! Stock your kitchen with these finds!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was shared in 2018 but has since been updated.
It’s no secret that I LOVE Costco! It is one of my favorite places to shop and helps keep my grocery budget SUPER low.
While Costco is often known for selling lots of not-so-nutritious frozen foods and junk, they also have a ton of healthy food/staples that are great if you’re doing a Whole30!
Even if you’re not doing a Whole30, make sure to check your Costco for these healthy finds – they’re products everyone can use and love!
An important note: Please double check ALL of the ingredients on any item you buy during your Whole30. Grocers frequently change their products/ingredients and I would hate for you to have to restart your Whole30 if one of these ingredients are no longer compliant.
Whole30 Costco Produce
Almost everything in the produce section is Whole30 approved. You know the deal.. basically eat all the fruits and veggies! However, there are a few things from Costco that I get every time I go there. Here are some of my favorites:
- Heartier veggies that last long in your fridge: think carrots, celery, brussels sprouts, potatoes, etc
- Lemons + limes – we drink so much lemon water and put lime juice on a lot of our food so it’s worth it for us to buy the big bags!
- Riced Cauliflower – Yes, you can 100% make your own riced cauliflower + broccoli.. but buying this is so much easier. I usually can’t use up a whole bag of it at once so I’ll freeze the other half
- Greens – You’ll eat ALOT of greens on Whole30! I like to buy spinach or mixed greens. Whatever I don’t eat I freeze for smoothies!
- Fruit– I also will usually buy one type of fruit from Costco (berries, apples, bananas, etc). Since we are only 2 people, we usually can’t buy more than one type of fruit because we simply can’t eat it quick enough before it goes bad!
Whole30 Costco Meats
Costco has a great variety of really affordable meats. You can get regular conventional meats- or if you want grass fed/free range they have that too! Plus their frozen/prepared section has SO many awesome things. I love stocking up on the frozen goods because you can always know they’re there in a pinch!
- Organic ground beef – I usually buy my ground beef via ButcherBox but sometimes will get it at Costco. The beef pictured above is $4.99 a lb, but if you opt for the non-organic it is usually less than $2 a lb at our Costco!
- Teton Waters Ranch Sausage
- Aidell’s Chicken & Apple Sausage is very popular in the Whole30 community + you can get it for an awesome price at Costco!
- Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Pulled Pork – I haven’t tried this because I love my own Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork recipe, but I’ve heard it’s awesome!
- Deli meat: It’s super hard to find Whole30 compliant deli meat. This Deitz & Watson Roasted Turkey Breast
- Sous Vide Slicecd Roasted Turkey Breast
- Amylu Italian Style Meatballs
- Philips Crab
- Paleo Three Pepper Chicken Burgers
Chicken/Pork/Turkey/Fish -Pretty much any raw meat from costco will be Whole30 compliant. Don’t buy anything pre-marinated!
Near the meats/refrigerated section you’ll also find: Eggs & Egg Whites which are both great to stock up on!
Did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!
Whole30 Costco Condiments
Condiments are a must on Whole30. They add flavor to what can otherwise be a boring meal!
- Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot (a staple!)
- Kirkland Jarred Organic Salsa
- Kirkland Organic Chunky Guacamole
- Sunbelt Organic Fresh Salsa – I love this fresh salsa. So good on eggs or taco bowls!
- Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Good Foods Organic Avocado Mash
- Good Foods Traditional Guacamole – this is my favorite guacamole from Costco is Good Foods brand. It comes in 3 separate containers so it doesn’t get funky and brown!
- Wholly Guacamole Classic Organic
Whole30 Costco Frozen Food
There are a ton of frozen options at Costco that we love! I eat frozen veggies all the time – they’re cheaper, just as good, and great to prep in little to no time. Frozen meats are also great to have on hand for quick meals.
Here are some of our favorite frozen items from Costco
- Pura Vida Fire Roasted Vegetable Mélange
- Kirkland Normandy Style Vegetable Blend
- Tropicaland Organic Broccoli Florets
- Tattooed Chef Organic Greens
- Kirkland Stir Fry Vegetable Blend
- Wild CAught Atlantic Cod
- Kirkland Ground Chuck Beef Patties
- Jones Chicken Sausage
- Turkey Bubba Burgers – These are very simple.. no flavoring in them at all. You can eat them as is, or you can crumble them up and use them for a quick stir fry.
Other frozen items not pictured:
- Wild Caught Cod
- Sockeye Salmon
- Mahi Mahi
- Tilapia Loins
- Frozen Chicken Breasts – These are individually wrapped which is great if you’re just one person or need to defrost something quickly!
- Burgers: Ground Sirloin, Ground Beef Patties, Ground Chuck
- Frozen Fruit
Whole30 Costco Pantry Staples
A lot of my Whole30 pantry staples are from Costco or Thrive Market. They’re affordable and convenient for stocking up on!
- Spices:I wish Costco had more organic options for spices, but these are great if you’re looking to be cost effective
- Oils: Costco has so many different Whole30 friendly oils to choose from. We often buy their olive oil because we go through so much olive oil. I like the Filippo Berrio Brand but the Kirkland brand is also good!
- Broths: I have found Imagine Foods Chicken Broth and Kirkland Chicken Broth & Chicken Bone Broth at my Costco which both have Whole30 friendly ingredients. You can also make your own Easy Crockpot Bone Broth !
- Cauliflower Rice: This is a new to me find. Cool that it is shelf stable.
- Mixed Nut Butter & Almond Butter are the only compliant nut butters at my costco
- Archer Beef Sticks: I have not tried these, we typically buy Chomps (code CLEANEATING)
- Nuts: There are a lot of raw nuts at Costco that are compliant
- Roasted Seaweed: Not something I’m a fan of but I know alot of people like it!
- Applesauce: Is good in some recipes!
- Flours: Coconut & Almond Flour are great to have on hand for making Whole30 friendly versions of your favorite things (Like my Healthy Chicken Tenders!)
- Dried Figs/Dates: I don’t eat a ton of dried fruit in general because it’s so high in sugar, but if you want to get figs or dates at a good price you can’t beat the ones at Costco!
- Hemp Hearts
- Chia Seeds
Whole30 Costco Canned Items
There are a lot of canned items at Costco that are Whole30 friendly. Mostly canned meat, but here are some of the things we found:
- Spanish Queen Olives
- Lindsay Black Olives
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – This is a great sub for something you’d normally use heavy cream in.
- Hearts of Palm
- Canned Tuna: In case you need something quick for lunch Sub mayo for greek yogurt in this Healthy Tuna Salad
- Canned Anchovies & Sardines
Whole30 Costco Tomatoes
There are a lot of options for jarred sauces and canned tomatoes that are Whole30 friendly at Costco.
- Rao’s Marinara
- Victoria Marinara
- Dell’Amore Maranara
- Cento San Marzano
- Nina Tomatoes
- Kirkland Diced tomatoes
- Kirkland Tomato Paste
- Kirkland Tomato Sauce
I usually buy Tuttorosso Tomatoes in bulk when at Costco, I’ve also bought the Kirkland diced tomatoes to use in soups and chili (they weren’t my favorite but are a really good price!).
The giant cans of Contadina tomatoes are awesome if you’re making a big batch of Healthy Crockpot Tomato Sauce, but otherwise they’re too big for just a small week night dinner!
Whole30 Costco Drinks
There aren’t many Whole30 friendly drinks at Costco, but there are a few!
- Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Organic Almond Non-Dairy Beverage
- C2O Coconut Water
- Waterloo Seltzer
- Suja Organic Uber Greens
- GT’s Gingerade Kombucha
I’ve also seen La Croix, Polar Seltzer and other seltzer brands that are Whole30 friendly. Waterloo is definitely our favorite seltzer.
Whole30 Costco FAQ
No, Costco’s rotisserie chicken is not Whole30 approved. It has sugar added to it.
No, Costco hot dogs are not Whole30. They have dextrose which is sugar.
Costco bacon is not Whole30. It has brown sugar added to it.
Yes, Costco Smoked Salmon is Whole30 friendly. It has no additives
If you’re looking for other Whole30 Resources – check these out!
Whole30 Shopping Lists:
- Best Whole30 Target Shopping List
- The Best Whole30 ALDI Shopping List
- The Best Whole30 Trader Joe’s Shopping List
- Whole 30 Gift Guide
Leave a Review