You may be wondering: is Daily Harvest worth it? This is an honest Daily Harvest Review about the subscription that delivers healthy food to your doorstep! Let’s see if Daily Harvest is worth the cost! (hint, I think it is!)
This post is not sponsored by Daily Harvest, but I am an affiliate of theirs and make a small commission if you choose to purchase it through my code/links
If you’ve been around here for a while, you may have heard me talk about Daily Harvest before. For those of you that don’t know, Daily Harvest delivers farm-frozen, superfood based, pre-
Everything they deliver is plant based, nutritious and has minimal ingredients. Daily Harvest boxes arrives on dry ice so you can just pop the convenient cups in your freezer + defrost as needed.
One of the most commonly asked questions I get when I post about the service is: Is Daily Harvest worth it? And do you have a Daily Harvest promo code?
I took the time to do a little research and tackle that question for you. Before we get into that though – I do want to tell you that I have an exclusive Daily Harvest promo code.
Daily Harvest Coupon Code
You can get 3 free cups with your first order when you use this link or code CLEANEATING.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let’s get into the deets on Daily Harvest.
Why I love Daily Harvest:
- Taste: I mean.. it’s no secret, I like to eat delicious food. I’m not the kinda girl that goes for bland meals in sacrifice of ‘eating healthy’ like some other people. I believe healthy food should taste GOOD… and all of Daily Harvest’s products are simply delicious. I look forward to drinking the Cacao + Avocado smoothie as a post workout treat…. can you say that about your current protein shake!?
- Simplicity: All of Daily Harvest’s cups are extremely simple to prepare. With the smoothies, the only thing you need to do is add milk + blend. For overnight oats.. soak in milk overnight + heat in the morning. Bowls/soups – add water and heat. It really doesn’t get any easier!!
- Convenience : Daily Harvest arrives with all of the cups frozen + on dry ice. You just have to place them in the freezer + enjoy at your convenience. Can you buy all the ingredients and make their products on your own? Sure. Is it significantly more time consuming? Absolutely! You’re definitely paying mostly for convenience in my opinion when it comes to Daily Harvest, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing – I’m totally cool with that from time to time!
Clearly I’m into it, but one thing I want to caveat is that I typically only order the smoothies, lattes, chia puddings and overnight oats from Daily Harvest.
While the soups/bowls are delicious, my digestive system doesn’t really love legumes, and many of their bowls/soups are legume heavy.
I also prefer to have more protein with my meals, and often find myself adding chicken or turkey to these meals, which kind of defeats the purpose of the convenience.
I encourage you to give all of the different types of cups a try though and see what option makes sense for you! Which brings me to my next point.. Daily Harvest has looooots of options.
Daily Harvest options:
- Weekly Boxes
- 6 cups
- 9 cups
- 12 cups
- 24 cups
- Monthly Box
- 24 cups total
With either the Weekly or Monthly Box, you are able to build a custom box so you get to choose what’s inside or you can select to fill it with their best selling products.
You can’t go wrong with either way! I’d build out a custom box if I was you (and definitely include the Cacao + Avocado Smoothie, Chaga + Chocolate Latte, and Carrot + Chia Smoothie… thank me later! You can actually get all my favorite Daily Harvest picks in my custom box here! )
I think the best option here when starting it to go for the 9 cup box. You can try a few of of the smoothies, lattes, and bowls to get a good feel of all the different products.
If after a few days you realize it’s not for you… just cancel your subscription! If you wind up loving Daily Harvest, I’d definitely do the Monthly option.. it’s the best price per cup (which leads me to my next topic…)
Daily Harvest Price
So here’s the deal. Daily Harvest isn’t cheap. But… neither are good quality fruits, veggies, and supplements in general. Neither is getting a smoothie everyday at your local cafe.
(Side note.. Tyler and I got smoothies last week and we spent $17 for TWO smoothies that weren’t even that good.. ridiculous!!)
I truly believe you get what you pay for, while I don’t enjoy Daily Harvest products everyday, when I do make them – I enjoy them and love you convenient they are to me.
Sometimes I literally only have 2 minutes before I have to run out the door, or I don’t want to spend time cooking another meal. Despite what seems like a high price tag… I think it’s worth it. Here’s the breakdown on Daily Harvest Prices
Daily Harvest Weekly Boxes
- 6 cups, $7.99/cup |$47.94/week ($23.97 for your first week with my coupon code)
- 9 cups, $7.75/cup | $69.75/week ($45.78 for your first week with my coupon code)
- 12 cups, $7.49/cup |$89.88/week ($65.91 for your first week with my coupon code)
- 24 cups, $6.99/cup |$167.76/week ($143.79 for your first week with my coupon code)
Daily Harvest Monthly Box
- 24 cups total, $6.99/cup | 167.76/month ($143.79 for your first month with my coupon code)
What Comes In A Daily Harvest Box:
Daily Harvest has a number of different options with their cups including smoothies, harvest bowls, soups, lattes, overnight oats, chia parfaits. You can get a box of my favorites here.
Daily Harvest Smoothie Review:
- The Cacao + Avocado smoothie is absolutely my favorite. (It tastes like a chocolate milkshake!)
- I also love the Carrot + Chia, Chai + Coconut, Cold Brew + Almond, Mint + Cacao.
- I usually fill my Daily Harvest Box with smoothies. I think they have great, unique ingredients for the price and love the convenience they offer me for days when I don’t have anything in the fridge and need a quick meal replacement.
- I always add egg white protein powder and collagen for protein and extra spinach for more veggies
Daily Harvest Latte Review
- I LOVE the Daily Harvest Lattes. They make me feel like I’m drinking a fancy coffee shop latte from the convenience of my own home.
- They take about 2 minutes to make, and are really delicious.
- My favorite is the chaga + chocolate (I like to add espresso to it) but I also love the ginger + turmeric.
- Something to note with the lattes, in each cup you get 3 individual single serving pods. So you’re really getting 3 drinks out of one cup. (Ginger Turmeric and Chaga Chocolate pictured below)
Daily Harvest Overnight Oat Review
- So far the only Daily Harvest overnight oats that I’ve tried are the Mulberry + Dragon Fruit. It was really tasty, and super simple to make.
- You just need to add almond milk the night before you want to enjoy them, shake it up + heat in the morning!
- Overnight oats are very simple to make on your own (like with this recipe) so I don’t regularly add these to my subscription. Instead I opt for things I can’t make at home as easily like the smoothies/lattes.
Daily Harvest Chia Parfaits Review
- I was pleasantly surprised by the chia parfaits. I have made chia pudding on my own but didn’t really like it. The Chocolate Protein + Banana (pictured above with the berries on it) was really yummy and filling. I divided it in half and had it for breakfast for two days. I haven’t tried the other flavor but I’m looking forward to trying it soon!
Daily Harvest Harvest Bowls Review
- The Cauliflower Rice + Pesto is my favorite harvest bowl, although I truthfully haven’t tried many of the harvest bowls.
- Legumes don’t really agree with my stomach very well, and many of the harvest bowls have legumes. I also find that the harvest bowls aren’t very filling on their own. I prefer adding chicken to them, and I feel like it defeats the purpose of the convenience.
Daily Harvest Soups Review
- I love the Tomato + Zucchini Minestrone Soup. It’s full of flavor + so yummy!
- However, similar to the harvest bowls – I find that their soups aren’t very filling for me. I really like hearty soups packed with protein, and while I love that these are veggie loaded – they don’t fill me up for a complete meal.
So is Daily Harvest Worth It?
Personally, I think Daily Harvest is totally worth the price. Between the convenience, amazing quality, and fair price – it seems like a no brainer to me!
I usually only order smoothies, lattes, and chia parfaits simply because I think those have the most value to me. I find that the harvest bowls/soups aren’t necessarily filling for me or a fit for my diet (because they have legumes).
Overall, I think that Daily Harvest is a great service, and love the convenience it offers me! As a reminder – if you want to try Daily Harvest you can use this Daily Harvest promo code : CLEANEATING to sign up and get 3 free cups! Click here to get all that free goodness!!