You may be wondering: is Smoothie Box worth it? This is an honest Smoothie Box Review about the subscription that delivers healthy smoothies to your door!
This post is not sponsored by Smoothie Box, but I am an affiliate of theirs and make a small commission if you choose to purchase it through my code/links
A few weeks ago I was offered to try Smoothie Box, which I was super excited about!
For those of you that don’t know, Smoothie Box delivers ready-to-blend frozen smoothies to your door. All of the smoothies are gluten, dairy and soy free. They also have no added sugar (which I love!)
The ready to blend smoothies also come with the option of getting individual packets of collagen peptides, so each smoothie has 20-25g of protein! The Smoothie Box arrives on dry ice so you can just pop the packs in your freezer + defrost as needed.
Since I figured you might be wondering: Is Smoothie Box worth it? And do you have a Smoothie Box coupon code?
I took the time to do a little research and tackle that question for you. Before we get into that though – I do want to tell you that I have an exclusive Smoothie Box promo code.
Smoothie Box Coupon Code
You can try Smoothie Box for $20 off and get a free mug when you use this link.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let’s get into the details on Smoothie Box.
Why I love Smoothie Box:
- High Protein/Low Sugar – A lot of smoothies are absolute sugar bombs which I hate. That does nothing but spike your blood sugar and leave you crashing later on. The Smoothie Box smoothies are low in sugar and high in protein! They offer the addition of collagen peptides which are meant to be added to your smoothies!
- Taste: The smoothies taste really good! I as skeptical about the clementine and green ones because I truthfully don’t add citrus in my protein based smoothies – but it was delicious! The green one tastes like a zippy, bright drink that was super refreshing.. and well, the chocolate is as delicious as you’d think!
- Easy to prepare: All of Smoothie Box packs are simple to make. With the smoothies, the only thing you need to do is add milk , the collagen packet and blend.
The only thing I don’t like about Smoothie Box is that there are such minimal flavors to choose from. There are only 4 types: Berry, Cacao, Clementine and Green – but they’re all delicious!
Smoothie Box options:
- Variety: 5 of each
- Custom (Select how many you want of each!)
I’d recommend trying the variety so you can get a taste of all the different smoothies. If after a few days you realize it’s not for you… just cancel your subscription!
If you wind up loving Smoothie Box, I’d definitely do the Custom option so you can make sure you get all your favorite smoothies!
Smoothie Box Price
Smoothie Box has a two price options:
- $119 a month for 20 smoothies + collagen ($5.95/smoothie or $5.20 with this deal!)
- $99 a month for 20 smoothies + no collagen ($4.95/smoothie or $4.20 with this deal!)
I wouldn’t say this is cheap, but I don’t think it’s overly expensive. Protein shakes at our gym range from $6-$8 and local cafes are sometimes even more expensive.
I think you’re getting what you pay for here – and it’s worth it to have the convenience, taste, and nutritional value that Smoothie Box smoothies have!
Smoothie Box vs Daily Harvest
- Price: Smoothie Box wins. Daily Harvest cups range from $6.99 at the cheapest to $7.99 at the highest. Smoothie Box is only $5.95/smoothie (or less depending on whether or not you purchase the collagen with it!)
- Variety: Daily Harvest wins. DH has much more variety that Smoothie Box.
- Nutritional Value: Smoothie Box wins here for me. I love that they have the collagen packets for the smoothies. I normally add my own to Daily Harvest because their smoothies (while delicious!) are lacking in protein.
- Taste: Tie! Everything I’ve tried from both companies is delicious.
What Comes In A Smoothie Box:
In my Smoothie Box there were 20 smoothies in boxes. There were 5 smoothies per box. There were separate boxes of collagen peptides pouches, and a Healthy Human Cruiser. (I’m not sure if the healthy human comes in every box but if you want one you can use my code CLEANEATING10 to get 10% off one!)
Smoothie Box Smoothies Review:
- Cacao– This one is my favorite! Tastes rich and chocolate-y. Almost like a frosty, but obviously much healthier 🙂
- Clementine – I was surprised how much I liked this one! On the Smoothie Box site it says this tastes like a creamsicle and it really does! Super delicious!
- Berry -This flavor is super bright and fresh. I love berry anything, so it is one of my favs!
- Green – This was different than any green protein shake I’ve ever had. You can really taste the ginger which I love!
So is Smoothie Box Worth It?
Personally, I think Smoothie Box is worth the price. It’s very convenient, tastes great, and is reasonably priced!
Overall, I think that Smoothie Box is a fun service, and love the simplicity it offers me when making a healthy meal! As a reminder – if you want to try Smoothie Box you can use this link to sign up and get $20 off + a free mug! Click here to sign up and get started!
If you’re curious about Daily Harvest, a competitor to Smoothie Box- check out this Daily Harvest Review I wrote to see how the companies are different/similar.