You may be wondering: is Smoothie Box worth it? This is an honest Smoothie Box Review about the subscription that delivers healthy smoothies to your door!
This post is not sponsored by Smoothie Box, but I am an affiliate of theirs and make a small commission if you choose to purchase it through my code/links. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in March 2019 but haas since been updated.
If you’re curious about SmoothieBox, we tested it out and wrote an honest smoothie box reciew for you!
Spoiler Alert: We’ve been using Smoothie Box for years now and absolutely love it! But I’m sharing all my honest thoughts about the service below.
What is SmoothieBox?
SmoothieBox is a pre-made smoothie packet delivery service.
They make ready to blend smoothies. All of the smoothies are made with organic fruits and vegetables. The Smoothie Box arrives on dry ice so you can just pop the packs in your freezer + defrost as needed.
If you’re ready to try SmoothieBox, go ahead and click here to for $25 off with code CLEANEATING25!
Why I love Smoothie Box:
The main reason we love SmoothieBox is because of its taste and convenience. The smoothies are delicious, and they’re SO easy to make.
Here are some other reasons why we love SmoothieBox
- High Protein/Low Sugar – A lot of smoothies are absolutely loaded with sugar which I hate. That does nothing but spike your blood sugar and leave you hungry later on. The Smoothie Box smoothies are low in sugar and high in protein! They offer the addition of collagen peptides which are meant to be added to your smoothies!
- Taste: The smoothies taste really good! I was skeptical about the clementine and green ones because I truthfully don’t add citrus in my protein based smoothies – but it was delicious! The green one tastes like a zippy, bright drink that was super refreshing.. and well, the chocolate is as delicious as you’d think!
- Easy to prepare: All Smoothie Box packs are simple to make. With the smoothies, the only thing you need to do is add milk, the collagen packet, and blend.
The only thing I don’t like about Smoothie Box is that there are such minimal flavors to choose from. There are only 6 flavors: Strawberry Banana, Mango, Berry, Cacao, Clementine, and Green – but they’re all delicious!
Smoothie Box Cost:
Smoothie Box costs $129 a month for 20 smoothie pouches. There are 2 smoothie servings per pouch, so it comes out to ($3.25/smoothie or $2.85/smoothie with this deal!)
I wouldn’t say this is cheap, but I don’t think it’s overly expensive. Protein shakes at our gym range from $6-$8 and local cafes are sometimes even more expensive.
I think you’re getting what you pay for here – and it’s worth it to have the convenience, taste, and nutritional value that Smoothie Box smoothies have!
Smoothie Box Options:
When you order a SmoothieBox you can get a variety box, or a custom box. They’re both the same price
- Variety: 5 of 4 different types of smoothies
- Custom (Select how many you want of each!)
Smoothie Box arrives in an insulated cardboard package on dry ice so it stays cool. Everything is frozen upon arrival.
I’d recommend trying the variety so you can get a taste of all the different smoothies. If after a few days you realize it’s not for you… just cancel your subscription!
If you wind up loving Smoothie Box, I’d definitely do the Custom option so you can make sure you get all your favorite smoothies!
You can set your delivery of SmoothieBox for 4-6 weeks – you choose the frequency! You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.
How does Smoothie Box Work?
- Select the box you’d like (Variety Pack or you pick your own flavors)
- Add Smoothie Boosters if you’d like (Protein Powder, Collagen)
- Select how often you’d like to receive your SmoothieBox (defaults to 4 weeks)
- Pay & wait for your delivery!
Smoothie Box Flavors:
SmoothieBox has 6 different flavors:
- Strawberry Banana (My favorite)
- Mango – My second favorite! This is sweet and gingery. Great with a little bit of spinach added.
- Cacao– This one is my favorite! Tastes rich and chocolate-y. Almost like a frosty, but obviously much healthier 🙂
- Clementine – I was surprised how much I liked this one! On the Smoothie Box site, it says this tastes like a creamsicle and it really does! Super delicious!
- Berry -This flavor is super bright and fresh. I love berry anything, so it is one of my favs!
- Green – This was different than any green protein shake I’ve ever had. You can really taste the ginger which I love!
Smoothie Box Coupon Code
You can try Smoothie Box for $25 off your first SmoothieBox when you use this link and code CLEANEATING25.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let’s get into the details on Smoothie Box.
Smoothie Box vs Daily Harvest
People always ask me.. what’s better – SmoothieBox or Daily Harvest? It’s a tough call, but here’s what makes them different:
|Smoothie Box||Daily Harvest|
|Ingredients||All Organic||Only some organic ingredients|
|Variety||5 flavors||30+ Flavors|
|Nutritional Value||Lower in sugar/fat/calories||Higher in sugar/fat/calories|
|Taste||Equally Delicious||Equally Delicious|
- Price: Smoothie Box wins. Daily Harvest cups range from $6.99 at the cheapest to $7.99 at the highest. Smoothie Box is only $4.95/smoothie (or less depending on whether or not you purchase the collagen with it!)
- Organic – SmoothieBox uses all organic fruits and veggies while Daily Harvest only has some organic!
- Variety: Daily Harvest wins. DH has much more variety than Smoothie Box.
- Nutritional Value: Smoothie Box wins here for me. I love that they have the collagen packets for the smoothies. I normally add my own to Daily Harvest because their smoothies (while delicious!) are lacking in protein. Daily Harvest’s smoothies are higher in calories, sugar, and fat compared to SmoothieBox
- Taste: Tie! Everything I’ve tried from both companies is delicious. Daily Harvest’s smoothies are much sweeter and have a higher amount of sugar and fat.
Click here to try Smoothie Box and get $25 off your first box when you use this link and code CLEANEATING25!
How do you make SmoothieBox?
To make smoothie box, simply dump your smoothie packet in a blender, add milk or water, and blend!
You can add protein powder if you like, or Smoothie Box’s collagen peptides packs. We usually blend with almond milk and egg white protein powder.
How to cancel SmoothieBox:
You can easily cancel SmoothieBox if you decide you don’t love it. Log into your account, click cancel and that’s it. It is very easy to pause or cancel your subscription.
So is Smoothie Box Worth It?
Personally, I think Smoothie Box is worth the price. It’s very convenient, tastes great, and is reasonably priced! It’s awesome for breakfast or a snack on the go.
Overall, I think that Smoothie Box is a fun service, and love the simplicity it offers me when making a healthy meal! As a reminder – if you want to try Smoothie Box you can use this link to sign up and get $25 off with code CLEANEATING25!! Click here to sign up and get started!
If you’re curious about Daily Harvest, a competitor to Smoothie Box- check out this Daily Harvest Review I wrote to see how the companies are different/similar.
Yes, SmoothieBox is totally legit! They’re a smoothie delivery company that delivers pre-made, ready to blend smoothie packets right to your door!
SmoothieBox is a smoothie delivery service. They deliver ready to blend smoothie packets that are made with organic ingredients. Each box comes with 20-30 smoothie packets and additional boosters. Simply add your smoothie packet to a blender with water or milk and enjoy!
SmoothieBox President is Vinny McCauley. The founders of ButcherBox Mike Salguero and Mike Filbey are part of the leadership team at SmoothieBox
Love subscription boxes? Check out our favorites!
- Trade Coffee Review – A coffee subscription box
- Butcher Box Review– A organic meat subscription
- Winc Review – A monthly wine subscription
- Daily Harvest Review – Another smoothie box subscription we love
- Thrive Market – A yearly subscription we have that is like Whole Foods meets Costco online
Leave a Review