You may be wondering: is Smoothie Box worth it? This is an honest Smoothie Box Review about the subscription that delivers healthy smoothies to your door!
This post is not sponsored by Smoothie Box, but I am an affiliate of theirs and make a small commission if you choose to purchase it through my code/links. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in March 2019 but haas since been updated.
We’ve been using Smoothie Box for over a year now and absolutely love it.
For those of you that don’t know, Smoothie Box delivers ready-to-blend frozen smoothies to your door. All of the smoothies are gluten, dairy and soy free. They also have no added sugar (which I love!) The smoothie packs are made up or organic fruit and vegetables, and they’re SO yummy!
The ready to blend smoothies also come with the option of getting individual packets of collagen peptides, so each smoothie has 20-25g of protein! The Smoothie Box arrives on dry ice so you can just pop the packs in your freezer + defrost as needed.
If you’re ready to try it, go ahead and click here to try SmoothieBox and get $15 off with code CLEANEATINGCOUPLE!
Since I figured you might be wondering: Is Smoothie Box worth it? And do you have a Smoothie Box coupon code?
I took the time to do a little research and tackle that question for you. Before we get into that though – I do want to tell you that I have an exclusive Smoothie Box promo code.
Smoothie Box Coupon Code
You can try Smoothie Box for $15 off your first SmoothieBox when you use this link and code CLEANEATINGCOUPLE. Smoothie Box’s grass-fed collagen peptides are also 50% off ($20) when you use this link.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let’s get into the details on Smoothie Box.
Why I love Smoothie Box:
The main reason we love SmoothieBox is because of the taste and convenience. The smoothies are delicious, and they’re SO easy to make.
Here are some other reasons why we love SmoothieBox
- High Protein/Low Sugar – A lot of smoothies are absolute sugar bombs which I hate. That does nothing but spike your blood sugar and leave you crashing later on. The Smoothie Box smoothies are low in sugar and high in protein! They offer the addition of collagen peptides which are meant to be added to your smoothies!
- Taste: The smoothies taste really good! I as skeptical about the clementine and green ones because I truthfully don’t add citrus in my protein based smoothies – but it was delicious! The green one tastes like a zippy, bright drink that was super refreshing.. and well, the chocolate is as delicious as you’d think!
- Easy to prepare: All of Smoothie Box packs are simple to make. With the smoothies, the only thing you need to do is add milk , the collagen packet and blend.
The only thing I don’t like about Smoothie Box is that there are such minimal flavors to choose from. There are only 4 types: Berry, Cacao, Clementine and Green – but they’re all delicious!
Smoothie Box options:
- Variety: 5 of each
- Custom (Select how many you want of each!)
I’d recommend trying the variety so you can get a taste of all the different smoothies. If after a few days you realize it’s not for you… just cancel your subscription!
If you wind up loving Smoothie Box, I’d definitely do the Custom option so you can make sure you get all your favorite smoothies!
You can set your delivery of SmoothieBox for 4-6 weeks – you choose the frequency! You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time.
Smoothie Box Flavor Review:
- Cacao– This one is my favorite! Tastes rich and chocolate-y. Almost like a frosty, but obviously much healthier 🙂
- Clementine – I was surprised how much I liked this one! On the Smoothie Box site it says this tastes like a creamsicle and it really does! Super delicious!
- Berry -This flavor is super bright and fresh. I love berry anything, so it is one of my favs!
- Green – This was different than any green protein shake I’ve ever had. You can really taste the ginger which I love!
Smoothie Box Cost:
Smoothie Box costs $99 a month for 20 smoothies ($4.95/smoothie or $3.94/smoothie with this deal!)
You can also add on collagen packets for $20 (when you use this link it automatically is 50% off)
I wouldn’t say this is cheap, but I don’t think it’s overly expensive. Protein shakes at our gym range from $6-$8 and local cafes are sometimes even more expensive.
I think you’re getting what you pay for here – and it’s worth it to have the convenience, taste, and nutritional value that Smoothie Box smoothies have!
Smoothie Box vs Daily Harvest
People always ask me.. what’s better – SmoothieBox or Daily Harvest? It’s a tough call, but here’s what makes them different:
- Price: Smoothie Box wins. Daily Harvest cups range from $6.99 at the cheapest to $7.99 at the highest. Smoothie Box is only $4.95/smoothie (or less depending on whether or not you purchase the collagen with it!)
- Organic – SmoothieBox uses all organic fruits and veggies while Daily Harvest only has some organic!
- Variety: Daily Harvest wins. DH has much more variety that Smoothie Box.
- Nutritional Value: Smoothie Box wins here for me. I love that they have the collagen packets for the smoothies. I normally add my own to Daily Harvest because their smoothies (while delicious!) are lacking in protein. Daily Harvest’s smoothies are higher in calories, sugar and fat compared to SmoothieBox
- Taste: Tie! Everything I’ve tried from both companies is delicious. Daily Harvest’s smoothies are much sweeter and have a higher amount of sugar and fat.
How do you make SmoothieBox?
To make smoothie box, simply dump your smoothie packet in, add milk or water, and blend! You can add protein powder if you like, or their collagen peptides packs. We usually blend with almond milk and egg white protein powder.
What Comes In A Smoothie Box:
Smoothie Box arrives in an insulated cardboard package on dry ice so it stays cool. Everything is frozen upon arrival.
In my Smoothie Box there were 20 smoothies in boxes. There were 5 smoothies per box. When I first got my Smoothie box they were doing a promotion where you got a free Healthy Human Cruiser. (this doesn’t come in every box but if you want one you can use my code CLEANEATING15 to get 10% off one, or add one on at check out!)
I added on collagen peptides for this first box, but now I just purchase my own protein powder and use that.
How to cancel SmoothieBox:
You can easily cancel SmoothieBox if you decide you don’t love it. Log into your account, click cancel and that’s it. It is very easy to pause or cancel your subscription.
So is Smoothie Box Worth It?
Personally, I think Smoothie Box is worth the price. It’s very convenient, tastes great, and is reasonably priced! It’s awesome for breakfast or a snack on the go.
Overall, I think that Smoothie Box is a fun service, and love the simplicity it offers me when making a healthy meal! As a reminder – if you want to try Smoothie Box you can use this link to sign up and get $15 off with code CLEANEATINGCOUPLE!! Click here to sign up and get started!
If you’re curious about Daily Harvest, a competitor to Smoothie Box- check out this Daily Harvest Review I wrote to see how the companies are different/similar.