Whole30 Paleo Turkey Chili recipe is an easy healthy meal made in the crockpot. Loaded with veggies & turkey -it’s easy to make and packed with flavor! This healthy chili recipe is great for serving over cauliflower rice for a Whole30 option, regular rice, tortilla chips or just on it’s own!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
This Paleo Turkey Chili is the best crockpot meal you’ll make.
Now, I know that’s a bold statement – but stay with me here.
This chili is protein packed, low in fat, loaded with veggies, bursting with flavor AND it’s made in your crockpot/slow cooker… does it get any better than that? I love making chili in the crockpot because it allows the flavors to cook low and slow for maximum flavor. Plus, who doesn’t want the slow cooker to make them dinner?
(PS, if you LOVE paleo slow cooker recipes you should click here to get my paleo crockpot cookbook!)
Growing up, my mom used to make really, really delicious chili, and I can remember coming home after school when I was younger and being so excited when the house smelled like it! Now I get equally as excited when it’s cooking in my own kitchen 🙂
Chili is one of the easiest things to make…and if you have a crockpot it’s even easier! You all know I’m the crockpot queen. (Hello Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork & Whole 30 Crockpot Stuffed Peppers – my other two favorite dinners!)
I truly think it’s the best invention ever. Take all your ingredients, toss them in a pot, walk away and have a meal that’s perfectly cooked and ready to eat in a few hours? Yes, Please!
There’s really no ‘wrong’ way to make chili. You can put pretty much anything in it that you like, and as long as you add in some spices, tomatoes and veggies – it’s gonna be good. I prefer to make my chili without beans.
You’re probably wondering – well if there’s no beans, what IS in this paleo turkey chili? VEGGIES! All the veggies. I loaded this chili up with carrots, peppers, and tomatoes. There are so many fresh, delicious veggies – you won’t even miss the beans. You can serve this recipe over cauliflower rice or just eat it on it’s own.
The ground turkey in this recipe is way lighter than beef, making this the perfect protein + veggie packed dish! Your family is totally going to love it.
Something to note – this recipe makes a pretty large batch of chili (an entire crockpot full). However, it does freeze very well. It’s perfect for making one large batch, enjoying it for dinner + freezing it for later in the week!
Do you need to cook the turkey ahead of time?
Yes, you need to cook the turkey before adding it to the crockpot. It adds texture to the chili and ensures the meat is completely cooked!
How should I serve this paleo turkey chili?
If you’re paleo or whole30 you can serve this chili over cauliflower rice, Crispy Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes, or with your own homemade roasted plantains. It is also great over a salad. If you aren’t following a strict paleo/whole30 diet I like to put this over rice or quinoa.
Can I freeze this turkey chili?
Yes you can freeze this turkey chili! This chili freezes very well. In fact, I get 3 or 4 small containers and divided the leftovers from the crockpot once we’re done eating it for dinner. Then, when you’re ready to enjoy, you can take a container out of rthe freezer an heat over the stove or in the microwave. It’s great for a quick meal!
Can I make this chili with beef instead of turkey?
Yes, you can make this chili with beef instead of turkey. It is just as delicious! I’ve never tried making this recipe with ground chicken but I bet it would also be yummy!
Can I add beans to this paleo turkey chili?
If you’re not paleo/whole 30, you can definitely add in some black or red beans to this chili. Chickpeas would also be delicious! I also recommend serving with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese – the sharpness is so delicious with the flavors of the chili!
If you LOVE paleo slow cooker recipes you should click here to get my paleo crockpot cookbook!
Looking for other easy, delicious, paleo dinners? Try these!
Paleo Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup peppers, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup carrots, chopped in small pieces
- 40 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit for less spicy)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups steamed sweet potato noodles or cauliflower rice
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook turkey over medium high heat until browned, approximately 10 minutes
- While turkey is browning, chop all vegetables + prepare spices.
- Add browned turkey + all ingredients to the crockpot.
- Stir all of the ingredients together in the crockpot until thoroughly mixed
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve over steamed sweet potato noodles or cauliflower rice for a paleo/whole 30 option, or rice for non-paleo/whole 30 eaters!
- How to Serve the Paleo Turkey Chili: If you’re paleo or whole30 you can serve this chili over cauliflower rice, Crispy Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes, or with your own homemade roasted plantains. It is also great over a salad. If you aren’t following a strict paleo/whole30 diet I like to put this over rice or quinoa.
- Freezing this turkey chili: This recipe makes a lot of chili - so you can freeze it! Put in freezer safe containers + store! When ready to defrost microwave or heat in a pan
- Substitutions: You can make this chili with ground beef or chicken instead of turkey. It is just as delicious! If you are not paleo or following a Whole30 you can add beans to the chili.