Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili is a delicious healthy chili recipe. Made with a few ingredients, Whole30 friendly & easy to make in the slow cooker!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Pumpkin EVERYTHING. Who’s with me?? No, I’m not talking about the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s from Starbucks and sugary pumpkin flavored cereals and treats at the grocery store, I’m talking about the real deal pumpkin – like what’s in this Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili!
Before we get started… did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!
This time of year, there is always a can of pumpkin puree open in my fridge practically calling my name to add it into recipes.. And I can’t just ignore it!
That’s part of the reason I’m sharing so many pumpkin recipes! So far I’ve shared these delicious Pumpkin Protein Pancakes and amazing soft Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (both are a must make!)
(PS, if you LOVE paleo slow cooker recipes you should click here to sign up for my free paleo crockpot cookbook!)
This Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili is one of our favorite fall meals to make. It’s loaded with flavor, heavy on the veggies, and super simple to make. Plus, who doesn’t like having the slow cooker make them dinner?
It’s kinda the best! This chili is whole30 friendly, dairy free, and gluten free. Its also ZERO points if you follow WeightWatchers!
I like to eat it plain, but you can also serve it over cauliflower rice, or regular rice if you’re not whole30/paleo. It’s also really delicious with some crushed up tortilla chips!
While sweet pumpkin treats are my favorite thing, I figured it was time for something savory that you could enjoy too! I have been wanting to do another chili recipe on the site ever since I posted my Paleo Turkey Chili recipe years ago.
That is the most popular recipe on the site so it is clear that you all love paleo chili recipes as much as I do!
This Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili is something that I’ve made many times before, but hadn’t shared on the blog until now.
It’s a favorite in our house, and I know you’re really going to love it too! It’s extremely easy to make, loaded with flavor, and so perfect for fall and football Sunday!
Ingredients for Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili:
If you love pumpkin as much as we do, you have to check out these 30 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes!
How should I serve this healthy chicken chili?
It is also great over a salad. If you aren’t following a strict paleo/whole30 diet I like to put this over rice or quinoa.
Can I freeze this chili?
Yes you can and totally should freeze this chicken chili! This chili freezes very well. In fact, I get 3 or 4 small containers and divided the leftovers from the crockpot once we’re done eating it for dinner.
Then, when you’re ready to enjoy, you can take a container out of the freezer an heat over the stove or in the microwave. It’s great for a quick meal!
Can I make this chili with turkey or beef instead of chicken?
Yes, you can make this chili with beef or turkey instead of chicken. It is just as delicious! Simply brown the beef or turkey before you put it in the crockpot!
Can I add beans to this paleo pumpkin chicken chili?
If you’re not paleo/whole 30, you can definitely add in some black or red beans to this chili. Chickpeas would also be delicious!
I also recommend serving with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese – the sharpness is so delicious with the flavors of the chili!
Other delicious paleo/whole30 crockpot dinner recipes:
- Paleo Turkey Chili
- Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Healthy Bolognese
- Whole30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Healthy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 28 Delicious Paleo Crockpot Recipes
Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2.5 cups red or orange peppers chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- avocado or guacamole, green onions (for serving)
- Chop onions and peppers.
- Lay chicken breasts along the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover chicken with pumpkin puree, onions/peppers and spices.
- Add broth, cover and cook on low for 6 hours
- After 6 hours, shred chicken breasts. You can shred them right in the crockpot with two forks or remove from the pan and pull apart on a cutting board. The chicken will be tender enough that it falls apart. Stir the chicken in with the other ingredients
- Optional if you have time: Allow the chicken to sit for an additional 10-20 minutes after shredding the chicken. The chicken will absorb some of the liquid and thicken the chili.
- Garnish with avocado or guacamole + enjoy!