The best Healthy Crockpot Recipes! From chicken to vegetarian, these heart healthy slow cooker meals are easy and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Why we love our Slow Cooker
- SO simple: Your crockpot does all the work of cooking your meal. Many crockpot meals are simply dump + turn the crockpot on!
- Minimal prep time – Because the crockpot cooks low and slow for hours, you don’t need to spend time standing by the stove!
- Can be made ahead for busy nights – Sometimes I will prep all the ingredients and place in the base of my crockpot in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, simply put the base in your crockpot insert, turn on, and you’re done!
- It cooks dinner FOR you! Need I say more? Who doesn’t want to come home from work to have dinner already done and waiting for you? It’s kinda my favorite thing.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite healthy crockpot meals here for you. From chicken, to beef, turkey to pork.. there’s something for everyone!
Many of these recipes are paleo and whole30 friendly, but if you need recipes for those diets, I also have posts outlining that.
Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
I cook a lot of chicken (check out all my favorite chicken recipes here: Healthy Chicken Recipes). Chicken can sometimes get bouncy or gross when it’s cooked incorrectly – but when you cook chicken in the crockpot, it becomes fall apart tender!
These healthy slow cooker meals have chicken as the star and they’re all delicious!
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Pot pie, minus the pie part 🙂 This soup is completely dairy free but SO rich and creamy thanks to a secret ingredient!
Chicken Taco Soup is so delicious, easy to make, and loaded with veggies and protein (33g)!
Buffalo Chicken Soup is ridiculously delicious and easy to make. Creamy, spicy and so yummy!
Chicken Quinoa Taco Soup – An easy soup recipe that’s hearty and filling! Beans, Quinoa, and tomatoes come together to create a rich meal!
Healthy Chicken Soup – A keto/paleo/whole30 version of a classic dish we all love!
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas take only 10 minutes of prep and 8 ingredients for a protein and veggie packed dinner that your family will love!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is a lightened up version of a classic that we all love.
Rosemary Chicken Sauce is a delicious, easy, healthy chicken recipe. Cooked low and slow, it’s paleo, Whole30 & perfect for dinner or meal prep!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew Is my Gram’s recipe. It’s total comfort food and so easy!
Lemon Chicken Soup – Bright, lemony and veggie loaded – this is my go to soup when I want something cozy or if I’m not feeling well!
Pumpkin Chicken Chili – This chili isn’t just for fall! The pumpkin adds a creaminess that is so yummy!
Asian Chicken Soup is healthy and delicious! Loaded with vegetables and ginger.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Fajitas – We love these for weeknight dinners. Set it + forget it in the morning and dinner is ready at night!
Check out these 45 Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes for more ideas!
Healthy Crockpot Turkey Recipes
We LOVE ground turkey – and this Healthy Turkey Chili is hands down one of my favorite recipes on my site. It’s loaded with veggies, cozy, comforting and delicious! Here are some of my other favorite healthy slow cooker recipes that feature turkey.
Paleo Chili – Serve it over cauliflower rice, regular rice, chips or even nachos!
Healthy Italian Wedding Soup – You can use zoodles or pasta – either way this lighter soup is so yummy!
Turkey Pot Pie Soup is the best way to use leftover turkey! You’ll love how rich and flavorful this turkey pot pie soup is while being completely dairy free!
Crockpot Turkey Breast is awesome for Thanksgiving or a quick weeknight dinner!
Turkey Noodle Soup is great for using up leftover cooked turkey!
Leftover Turkey Chili is one of the best leftover turkey recipes! Make it in your crockpot, instant pot, or on the stove. This simple recipe is perfect for thanksgiving leftovers!
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is so delicious and cooks overnight for a healthy breakfast! You can use lean turkey sausage or pork breakfast sausage.
Thai Slow Cooker Ground Turkey is one of our favorite ways to cook turkey. It’s SO flavorful and easy to make!
Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes are so yummy. They seriously are the best sloppy joes!
Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
From Beef & Broccoli to Stuffed Peppers – there are lots of delicious things you can make with ground beef in your slow cooker! Here are some recipes that are so yummy! (If you need more ground beef ideas check out these Healthy Ground Beef Recipes)
Whole30 Stuffed Peppers – One of our most popular recipes! This low carb, gluten free stuffed peppers recipe is delicious!
Healthy Beef Barley Soup – Beef barley soup is a recipe we grew up eating – it’s total comfort food!
Healthy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli – Similar to takeout, but WAY healthier! This is easy and delicious
Ground Beef Stew is hearty, delicious and so easy to make!
Slow Cooker Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole– We love this recipe for cabbage. It’s way easier than making stuffed cabbage rolls!
Healthy Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
Similar to chicken, pork can get really tough depending on how you cook it. When you cook pork in the slow cooker – it becomes fall apart tender and SO yummy! Here are some of my favorite slow cooker healthy recipes that feature pork!
Healthy Pulled Pork – One of our favorite recipes on our site. We make this every week!
Crockpot Baby Back Ribs are SO easy to make! Delicious and fall off the bone tender!
Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Shoulder is easy and delicious! Only 5 minutes of prep and 10 ingredients.
Slow Cooker Honey Lime Ginger Pork has such bold delicious flavors!
Healthy Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes:
Vegetarians – don’t worry! You can cook many other things besides meat in your crockpot! These healthy crockpot meals focus on the veggies!
Healthy Broccoli Soup is a delicious, cozy meal. Easy to make in the instant pot, crockpot, or on the stove – this broccoli cheddar soup is a must make! Gluten free and easily made dairy free, this creamy soup is seriously yummy!
Healthy Potato Soup – Dairy free, Whole30 friendly and ridiculously creamy – this is becoming a super popular recipe on our site!
Easy Minestrone Soup is the perfect cozy, healthy dinner! Vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan – it’s delicious and done in under 30 minutes! Make it in your crockpot, instant pot or on the stove – this hearty soup is one you’ll absolutely love!
Healthy Crockpot Tomato Sauce – If you’re still buying jarred sauce, try this recipe instead! It basically requires NO effort/work!
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup is paleo, Whole30, vegan, and naturally gluten/dairy free. Easily made in your crockpot, instant pot or on the stove! Super creamy and rich – this is a soup recipe everyone will love!
Potato Chickpea Tikka Masala – We love this vegetarian twist on Indian food!
Tuscan White Bean Soup is total comfort food!
Healthy Crockpot Artichokes – If you’ve never cooked an artichoke, this is one of the easiest ways to do it!
More Amazing Recipes From The Clean Eating Couple
- Oven Roasted Chicken
- Butcherbox Prices
- Shredded Chicken Instant Pot
- Pot Roast Crock Pot
- Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Healthy Dinner Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes: Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts about 2 larger breasts
- 1 cup celery 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely minced
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes peeled+ cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup yukon gold potatoes peeled+ cut into quarters so that you can remove them at the end
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth- low sodium!
- 3 tablespoons parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk/ other dairy free milk
- Heat olive oil in a pan on the stove. Add in the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent. (This step is optional, but recommended!)
- Layer raw chicken, cooked vegetables, and potatoes in the crockpot. Add broth. Cover + set to low for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the large potato pieces + chicken breasts.
- Place large potato quarters, almond milk + 1/2 cup of broth *from the pot* (a few ladels full!) into a blender until smooth. Add back into the pot.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and shred. Put the chicken back into the pot.
- Stir everything together until combined and smooth. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Healthy Crockpot FAQ
All slow cookers can help you create delicious healthy recipes. This is our favorite slow cooker for making healthy recipes.
No! Slow cookers are totally find for your health. If possible avoid a crockpot with an aluminum base or nonstick coating.
You shouldn’t put frozen chicken in the crockpot. It’s a food safety issue and likely will not cook correctly. For best results, thaw your chicken thoroughly before cooking in the crockpot.
Yes! Cooking in a slow cooker is totally healthy and good for you.