This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
I mean, I did write an entire ebook about it.. Which PS you can get 10% off the Easy Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes Book if you use code SLOWCOOKER 🙂
Why we love our slow cooker:
- SO simple: Your crockpot does all the work of cooking your meal. Many crockpot meals are simply dump + turn the crockpot on!
- Minimal prep time – Because the crockpot cooks low and slow for hours, you don’t need to spend time standing by the stove!
- Can be made ahead for busy nights – Sometimes I will prep all the ingredients and place in the base of my crockpot in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, simply put the base in your crockpot insert, turn on, and you’re done!
- It cooks dinner FOR you! Need I say more? Who doesn’t want to come home from work to have dinner already done and waiting for you? It’s kinda my favorite thing.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite healthy crockpot meals here for you. From chicken, to beef, turkey to pork.. there’s something for everyone!
Many of these recipes are paleo and whole30 friendly, but if you need recipes for those diets, I also have posts outlining that.
Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
I cook a lot of chicken (you can see all my favorite Healthy Chicken Recipes here). Chicken can sometimes get bouncy or gross when it’s cooked incorrectly – but when you cook chicken in the crockpot, it becomes fall apart tender!
These healthy slow cooker meals have chicken as the star and they’re all delicious!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew Is my Gram’s recipe. It’s total comfort food and so easy!
Chicken Quinoa Taco Soup – An easy soup recipe that’s hearty and filling! Beans, Quinoa, and tomatoes come together to create a rich meal!
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Pot pie, minus the pie part 🙂 This soup is completely dairy free but SO rich and creamy thanks to a secret ingredient!
Healthy Paleo Chicken Soup – A keto/paleo/whole30 version of a classic dish we all love!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Chili from The Fit Cookie is made with simple ingredients and so tasty!
Easy Crockpot Chicken Fajitas from Isabel Eats – We love these for weeknight dinners. Set it + forget it in the morning and dinner is ready at night!
Lemon Chicken Soup – Bright, lemony and veggie loaded – this is my go to soup when I want something cozy or if I’m not feeling well!
Rosemary Chicken Sauce is a delicious, easy, healthy chicken recipe. Cooked low and slow, it’s paleo, Whole30 & perfect for dinner or meal prep!
Buffalo Chicken Chili from Spices in my DNA – I mean.. who doesn’t LOVE buffalo chicken? Especially in chili form!
Paleo Crockpot Pumpkin Chicken Chili – This chili isn’t just for fall! The pumpkin adds a creaminess that is so yummy!
Crockpot Chicken Artichoke Kale Soup from The Roasted Root – We love anything with artichokes in it, especially chicken soup!
Easy Crockpot Bone Broth – Our favorite way to use up leftover chicken, turkey or beef bones!
Healthy Crockpot Turkey Recipes
We LOVE ground turkey – and this Healthy Turkey Chili is hands down one of my favorite recipes on my site. It’s loaded with veggies, cozy, comforting and delicious! Here are some of my other favorite healthy slow cooker recipes that feature turkey.
Thai Slow Cooker Ground Turkey from Joy Food Sunshine is one of our favorite ways to cook turkey. It’s SO flavorful and easy to make!
Healthy Italian Wedding Soup – You can use zoodles or pasta – either way this lighter soup is so yummy!
Paleo Chili – Serve it over cauliflower rice, regular rice, chips or even nachos!
Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes from The Seasoned Mom are so yummy. They seriously are the best sloppy joes!
Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
Slow Cooker Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole from Frugal Nutrition – We love this recipe for cabbage. It’s way easier than making stuffed cabbage rolls!
Whole30 Stuffed Peppers – One of our most popular recipes! This low carb, gluten free stuffed peppers recipe is delicious!
Healthy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli – Similar to takeout, but WAY healthier! This is easy and delicious
Healthy Beef Barley Soup – Beef barley soup is a recipe we grew up eating – it’s total comfort food!
Whole30 Crockpot Picadillo – You can make this hearty dinner with chicken or even ground turkey!
Healthy Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
Similar to chicken, pork can get really tough depending on how you cook it. When you cook pork in the slow cooker – it becomes fall apart tender and SO yummy! Here are some of my favorite slow cooker healthy recipes that feature pork!
Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork – One of our favorite recipes on our site. We make this every week!
Slow Cooker Honey Lime Ginger Pork from The Recipe Critic looks amazing! Love the ginger/lime flavor combo
Healthy Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes:
Vegetarians – don’t worry! You can cook many other things besides meat in your crockpot! These healthy crockpot meals focus on the veggies!
Potato Chickpea Tikka Masala from The Recipe Well – We love this vegetarian twist on Indian food!
Healthy Potato Soup – Dairy free, Whole30 friendly and ridiculously creamy – this is becoming a super popular recipe on our site!
Easy Minestrone Soup is the perfect cozy, healthy dinner! Vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan – it’s delicious and done in under 30 minutes! Make it in your crockpot, instant pot or on the stove – this hearty soup is one you’ll absolutely love!
Healthy Broccoli Soup is a delicious, cozy meal. Easy to make in the instant pot, crockpot, or on the stove – this broccoli cheddar soup is a must make! Gluten free and easily made dairy free, this creamy soup is seriously yummy!
Healthy Crockpot Tomato Sauce – If you’re still buying jarred sauce, try this recipe instead! It basically requires NO effort/work!
Tuscan White Bean Soup from A Simple Palate – Total comfort food!
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup is paleo, Whole30, vegan, and naturally gluten/dairy free. Easily made in your crockpot, instant pot or on the stove! Super creamy and rich – this is a soup recipe everyone will love!
Healthy Crockpot Artichokes – If you’ve never cooked an artichoke, this is one of the easiest ways to do it!
Healthy Crockpot FAQ
All slow cookers can help you create delicious healthy recipes. This is our favorite slow cooker for making healthy recipes.
No! Slow cookers are totally find for your health. If possible avoid a crockpot with an aluminum base or nonstick coating.
You shouldn’t put frozen chicken in the crockpot. It’s a food safety issue and likely will not cook correctly. For best results, thaw your chicken thoroughly before cooking in the crockpot.
If you love your instant pot just as much as your crockpot, you’ll have to check out these 20 Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes! We hope you love these healthy crockpot meals as much as we do. Any healthy meal that can be made in a slow cooker is perfect for dinner tonight or meal prepping!
Healthy Crockpot Recipes: Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts about 2 larger breasts
- 1 cup celery 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely minced
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes peeled+ cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup yukon gold potatoes peeled+ cut into quarters so that you can remove them at the end
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth- low sodium!
- 3 tablespoons parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk/ other dairy free milk
- Heat olive oil in a pan on the stove. Add in the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent. (This step is optional, but recommended!)
- Layer raw chicken, cooked vegetables, and potatoes in the crockpot. Add broth. Cover + set to low for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the large potato pieces + chicken breasts.
- Place large potato quarters, almond milk + 1/2 cup of broth *from the pot* (a few ladels full!) into a blender until smooth. Add back into the pot.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and shred. Put the chicken back into the pot.
- Stir everything together until combined and smooth. Garnish with parsley and serve.