This Paleo Butternut Squash Soup is Whole30, vegan, and naturally gluten/dairy free. Made in one pot in under an hour – it’s easy + delicious!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Is there anything more delicious and cozy than butternut squash soup? This easy paleo butternut squash soup recipe is a staple in our home during the fall. Made with only a few ingredients – it’s quick to make and so tasty! This paleo butternut squash soup is naturally gluten free, dairy free, whole30 friendly and vegan!
How to make Paleo Butternut Squash Soup:
Making butternut squash soup isn’t hard at all! This healthy butternut squash soup comes to just one pan.
Step 1: Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Saute squash, carrots, onions + garlic until slightly browned + soft on edges.
Step 2. Add your spices, fill with stock + bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Step 3: Allow soup to cook + blend it up! My Vitamix always gets jobs like this done in no time!
That’s literally it… it doesn’t get any easier than that!
Can you make this Paleo Butternut Squash Soup in your crockpot?
Yes you can! If you’d like to make this in your crockpot, I’d recommend following step one, then adding all ingredients to the crockpot + cooking on low.
Why is this Butternut Squash Soup Made without milk?
Because it doesn’t need it 🙂 Once you try this, you won’t even miss the milk. The creaminess of the squash + veggies when blended tastes just like soup that has milk in it. You really don’t need it!
What can you serve this butternut squash soup recipe with?
- I like to garnish with fresh cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds
- You can add bacon bits on top
- Serve it alongside these Whole30 Cashew Coconut Chicken Tenders for a well balanced meal
- If you’re not paleo/whole30 – a big loaf of crusty bread 🙂
Things we used for this recipe:
- olive oil
- vegetable stock or bone broth if not vegan/vegetarian
Paleo Butternut Squash Soup
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute squash, carrots, onions + garlic until squash has browned on edges and onions/garlic are translucent
- Add stock and spices to the pan. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat + simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow soup to cool + add to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Get the nutritional facts for this recipe here.