This Ground Turkey Skillet Recipe is so easy to make! Made in one pan in under 30 minutes, this healthy turkey skillet is the perfect dinner!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
It’s time I finally share one of my favorite easy weeknight meals with you: Turkey Skillet!
This is something I’ve been making for years, and finally took the time to write out a post with an official recipe to share with you!
Why We Love This Ground Turkey and Vegetables Skillet
In addition to being delicious, this turkey veggie skillet is:
- Veggie loaded – this recipe has a TON of veggies in it! you can add whatever extra veggies you like!
- Easy to make – this recipe couldn’t be any easier to make
- Done in under 30 minutes – if you’re looking for something quick – this is for you!
- Paleo/whole30 friendly – this recipe is perfect for whatever diet you follow paleo, keto, whole30, gluten free, etc. Anyone can enjoy it!
- Budget friendly! – you can get everything you need for this dinner for 4 for under $20 at Trader Joe’s!
Once you try it, you’re gonna love it too! It’s the epitome of simple weeknight dinners – which is what I’m ALL about. This Spicy Ground Turkey Stir Fry is a similar recipe that is delicious and easy to make!
For another easy one pan meal, try these Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls!
Ground Turkey Skillet Recipe Ingredients
- olive oil
- ground turkey
- lime zest/juice
- Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix
- garlic powder, pepper, onion powder
- coconut aminos
- cauliflower rice or regular rice
- sesame seeds (optional)
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded substitutions box.
The star of the show here is this Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix, which is seriously one of my favorite things to buy from TJ’s!
(You can check out The Best Whole30 Trader Joe’s Shopping List to see some of my other favorite things to get there too!)
How To Make a Ground Turkey and Veggie Skillet:
Making healthy turkey skillet is not difficult at all! Here’s how to do it:
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Brown turkey until thoroughly cooked.
- Once turkey is cooked, stir in veggies + spices. Cover and cook until veggies have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over steamed cauliflower rice or regular rice + enjoy!
Ground Turkey Skillet Substitutions
Vegetables– If you can’t get this Healthy 8 mix from Trader Joe’s you can use a mix of your own veggies! Chop Carrots, peppers, celery, and cabbage and you should be good. Or you can follow this tutorial on how to make your own at home.
Cauliflower Rice: You can sub cauliflower rice with regular rice or quinoa. I like to do a mix of half cauliflower rice, half regular rice
Spices: If you like spicy food add a dash of red pepper flakes
Ground Turkey and Veggies Skillet FAQ
Ground turkey needs to cook in a skillet for at least 10 minutes. Cook the turkey until there is no pink, it’s dry crumbly and around an internal temp of 165 degrees. It will usually take about 15 minutes.
To avoid cooking dry turkey, simply add liquid to it! Adding a 1/4 cup of chicken broth or even water can help ground turkey maintain moisture and a good texture!
Yes, you need to grease the pan for ground turkey. A little bit of olive oil is all you need for cooking ground turkey. Turkey has no fat, so it will stick to a pan without oil.
Storing Ground Turkey and Vegetables
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container
Freezing: You can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. We like these containers for freezing !
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave, toaster oven, oven or on the stove.
Ground Turkey and Veggie Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix
- ½ tablespoon lime zest (zest of about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 lb cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a large pan heat olive oil. Add turkey to the pan and brown the turkey until almost completely cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once turkey is browned, stir in chopped veggie mixture, lime juice, coconut aminos and spices and sauté until combined. Cover and stir occasionally, until veggies start to soften, about another 10 minutes.
- Serve over steamed cauliflower rice or a salad if whole 30, brown rice/quinoa if not or just eat as is!
- Turkey: You can sub with or ground chicken.
- Vegetables– If you can’t get this Healthy 8 mix from Trader Joe’s you can use a mix of your own veggies! Chop this tutorial on how to make your own at home. , peppers, , and cabbage and you should be good. Or you can follow
- Cauliflower Rice: You can sub cauliflower rice with regular rice or quinoa. I like to do a mix of half cauliflower rice, half regular rice
- Spices: If you like spicy food add a dash of red pepper flakes
- soy sauce or bragg’s liquid aminos. If you use liquid aminos, use half the amount as they are extremely salty. : You can sub for low sodium