This Easy Citrus Salad Dressing Recipe is so delicious and quick to make. A Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing that is great on any salad!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
This Citrus Dressing is one of my all time favorite dressings! It’s got just the right balance sweet and zesty between maple syrup, oranges, lemons, mustard and olive oil. These ingredients come together in just the right way to create this delicious citrus salad dressing!
This bright and fresh salad dressing has just the right amount of sweet and tangy! It is the perfect addition to your favorite salads and dishes!
Homemade dressing is SO much better than store bought dressing, and it’s honestly so easy to make! It’s totally worth spending a few extra minutes in the kitchen to make this citrus vinaigrette recipe from scratch
why we love this citrus dressing recipe:
nothing screams refreshing more than oranges and lemons! we love this dressing and heres a few reasons why:
- Simple Ingredients: Unlike store bought dressings that are full of artificial fillers and preservatives, this dressing only uses fresh natural ingredients you can pronounce.
- Versatile: Not only does this citrus dressing work great on salads, but it can add sweet tangy flavor to just about any fruit, meat, or vegetable.
- SO easy to make: You can make this dressing in less then 5 minutes!
Ingredients for Citrus Salad Dressing:
To make this citrus vinaigrette you’ll need:
- Olive Oil
- Zest and Juice of a Fresh Orange
- Zest and Juice of a Fresh Lemon
- Dijon Mustard
- Maple Syrup
- Pepper to taste
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Citrus Dressing
Making citrus dressing is SO easy. Here’s how to do it:
- In a food processor or small blender, combine all ingredients until smooth
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CITRUS VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
Olive Oil: You can use avocado oil in place of olive oil. We don’t recommend using canola or other oils for dressings.
Fresh Lemons and Oranges: we do not recommend using store bought orange juice or lemon juice. It’s important to use fresh lemon juice and fresh orange juice for fresh taste and freshness of the dressing.
Dijon Mustard: Any form of whole or ground mustard will work in this recipe. If you don’t have mustard you could add a little white wine vinegar because it will help with the acidity
Maple Syrup: Honey or Agave will also work as a sweetener instead of maple syrup
How to Store Homemade Citrus Dressing
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Note on separation: Separation may occur when stored in the fridge. Use a spoon to stir together or quickly blend again to reconstruct the dressing.
How to Serve Citrus Salad Dressing
This Citrus Dressing is delicious on pretty much any salad, but here are some of our favorite ways to serve it!
- Blueberry Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Pineapple Grilled Chicken
- Use it as a marinade on grilled chicken
Other healthy salad dressing recipes:
Here are some of our favorite salad dressing recipes! For more ideas checkout these Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoons orange juice Freshly squeezed – juice of one orange
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a food processor or small blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
Leave a Review