Say no to boring chicken with these Healthy Chicken Marinades! Quick, easy and made with minimal ingredients – they’re paleo, keto, Whole30 and delicious! This post is sponsored by Sutter Buttes Olive Oil.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Do you ever meal prep something and after 2 days of eating it feel SO bored with whatever you’ve made? Yea, me too.
That’s why I came up with these 5 Healthy Chicken Marinades! These easy chicken marinade recipes will make your meal prepping a breeze, and give you something new + exciting to have for lunch or dinner every day.
Before we get started… did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!
From Lemon Garlic to Soy Ginger, the marinades are loaded with flavor and super easy to make.
As with all delicious food, a good marinade starts with good ingredients. One of my favorite olive oils to cook with is Tuscan Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Sutter Buttes.
Their olive oil is such high quality, and you can literally see and taste the difference.
It has a delicious rich flavor that actually tastes like olives (unlike some olive oils!), and a gorgeous dark color.
It’s great for cooking with but also delicious in a dressing for salads! When combined with a few other ingredients, it helps to make these chicken marinades extra tasty – and allows the chicken to stay moist rather than drying out while cooking!
My favorite out of all of the healthy chicken marinades is probably this Cilantro Lime marinade, it’s got a little zip from the lime juice/zest and the smooth cilantro is delicious with it.
If cilantro isn’t your thing, this Lemon Garlic Marinade is super tasty too! I like it with these Spiralized Rosemary Potatoes!
You can’t go wrong with this Basil Balsamic marinade either.. if you aren’t paleo/whole30 you can even add a little honey to this which really amps up the flavor!
Last, but certainly not least – this Italian Herb marinade is super light and fresh. The fresh basil + parsley give it so much flavor!
Things we used to make these healthy chicken marinades:
To make these marinades you’ll need:
- parchment paper
- garlic powder
- citrus juicer
- lemon zester
- balsamic vinegar
- coconut aminos
- Sutter Buttes Olive Oil
How to cook the chicken:
In order to cook the chicken, allow the chicken a minimum of 30 minutes to marinate (overnight is best for maximum flavor). Preheat oven to 425 + prepare a lined baking sheet.
Lay chicken on the sheet side by side. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes + store in containers with veggies/side for meal prepping.
Substitutions for these Healthy Chicken Marinades:
Chicken- You can substitute chicken breasts with chopped chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken thighs
Ginger– you can substitute fresh ginger with 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
Coconut Aminos – You can sub coconut aminos with soy sauce or bragg’s liquid aminos – but the recipe will no longer be paleo. If using Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, use HALF the amount – bragg’s is much saltier.
What should you pair these Healthy Chicken Marinades with?
The options are really endless for these healthy chicken marinades – they will go with just about anything! Here are some recipes you can pair them with:
Salad of your choice: We love this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Grains: Brown Rice or Quinoa,Harvest Quinoa and Brown Rice Salad
Regardless of what you pair these healthy chicken marinades with – you will love having them for lunch or dinner! They’re sure to make your meal prepping quick and easy!
Storing/Serving Healthy Grilled Chicken:
Storing: I keep cooked chicken in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Reheating: You can reheat this chicken in a pan or in the microwave/toaster oven.
Freezing: You can freeze raw chicken in the marinades but we wouldn’t recommend freezing cooked chicken that has been grilled as it can give it a poor texture.
Other healthy chicken recipes:
More Popular Recipes From The Clean Eating Couple
- Chicken Soup Instant Pot
- Daily Harvest Review
- Butcherbox Reviews
- Healthy Crock Pot Recipes
- Simple Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- What is Thrive Market
- Farro Salad Recipe
- Low Calorie Banana Bread
- Easy Healthy Desserts
- Eating Dinner
- Healthy Zucchini Bread
- 15 bean soup recipe
- Steak In Cast Iron Skillet
Want more marinades? Check out this post on 4 Healthy Salmon Marinades! You can use them on chicken too!
5 Healthy Chicken Marinades
- 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In separate bowls, whisk together marinades. Pour into individual ziploc bags. Place 1 large chicken breast (about 8oz chicken) with each marinade. Carefully try to squeeze out air from the bag.
- If cooking immediately: Allow the chicken a minimum of 30 minutes to marinate (overnight is best for maximum flavor). Preheat oven to 425 + prepare a lined baking sheet. Lay chicken on the sheet side by side. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes + store in containers with veggies/side for meal prepping
- If grilling: Allow the chicken a minimum of 30 minutes to marinate (overnight is best for maximum flavor). Heat grill over medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Cook chicken for about 7-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes + store in containers with veggies/side for meal prepping.
- If freezing: Transfer the individual bags to the freezer. Lay flat in freezer. To defrost, remove from freezer 24 hours in advance + place in refrigerator. Allow to defrost + cook per directions above.