This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe is a delicious healthy side dish. Vegan, keto, paleo, and Whole30, it goes great with any meal!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
There is no better side dish than this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad! It’s packed with all the veggies, nuts, seeds, and the best olive oil/vinegar mix for maximum flavor! I love this salad as a quick side dish with dinner, (it goes great with Whole30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken !), is perfect for the holidays, and even is great to meal prep. (You can even eat it raw if you want to !)
Why we love this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- It’s SO easy to make. Like, ridiculously easy and simple. (15 minutes if you buy the shredded brussels sprouts already and 5 minutes if you choose to eat it raw!)
- It’s packed with ALL the veggies. I often find it difficult to get my veggie intake in, but I could easily eat the whole pan of these!
- It’s loaded with healthy fats from pecans, hemp seeds + heart healthy oils!
The base of the salad is obviously shaved Brussels sprouts (which only take about 3 seconds to make if you use the veggie bullet or zero seconds if you buy them pre-shredded which I highly recommend), and then I filled it with all of my favorite nuts/seeds.
Before we go any further… did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!
How to make Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
Step 1: Shave your Brussels sprouts. They only take about 3 seconds to make if you use the veggie bullet or zero seconds if you buy them pre-shredded which I highly recommend. If you are using a mandolin, be VERY careful. I like to hold the sprout end of the stalk and carefully slice thin strips with a sharp knife towards the end of the sprout.
Step 2: Get your other ingredients ready. I like to use cranberries, hemp seeds and pecans. There are tons of other substiutions you can make!
Substitutions for this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- To make nut free: omit nuts
- You can sub dried cranberries with dried cherries, raisins, or any other tried fruit
- You can buy shaved brussels sprouts to save time, I usually find them at Trader Joes
- You could add goat cheese or shaved parmesan if you’re not paleo or whole30
Step 3: Sauté your sprouts for a few minutes, then add in your nuts/seeds!
Step 4: Sauté for a few more minutes + ta-da! Perfect Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
Things you’ll need to make this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- VeggieBullet is awesome for making shaved Brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- walnuts or pecans
- hemp seeds
- dried cranberries (make sure you get ones that are sweetened with apple juice!)
- himalayan sea salt
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
Can you eat this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad Raw?
Yes you can! I sometimes prefer to eat it raw! When I eat it raw I usually add extra spinach + chicken to make it a full meal! It’s totally delicious either way 🙂
Where do you find naturally sweetened cranberries?
It is difficult to find dried cranberries that are Whole30 / paleo. Eden Brand is the only one I’ve found. If you can’t find ones that aren’t naturally sweetened, just sub with all natural raisins or literally any other dried fruit that has no added sugar!
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add in shaved brussels sprouts and sauté until they start to get tender (Approx 5 minutes)
- Add in pecans, hemp seeds, cranberries, salt, pepper, rosemary + balsamic vinegar. Stir over low heat for additional 3-5 minutes.
You can get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.
Looking for other healthy veggie side dishes? Check these recipes out!