These Pineapple Chicken Kabobs are the perfect grilled summer dinner. Gluten free, easy to make and paleo friendly – everyone will love them!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
These Pineapple Chicken Kabobs are basically like summer in a meal form. Fresh veggies, sweet pineapple and juicy chicken all dressed up in a delicious honey poppyseed dressing… yes please.
Not only do these Pineapple Chicken Kabobs taste amazing, they look pretty too! They’re beautifully colored, and are bound to impress your guests at any summer cookout!
They’re also paleo, gluten free and very easy to make!
Things you’ll need to make this Pineapple Chicken Kabobs:
To make Pineapple Chicken Kabobs you’re going to need chicken, veggies + a few pantry staples to make the best ever honey poppyseed dressing!
Homemade dressings/marinades are always so much better than store bought, especially this one! Once you have your dressing made and veggies/chicken chopped – you’re ready to get cookin’.
How to make Pineapple Chicken Kabobs:
To make Pineapple Chicken Kabobs first mix you or dressing + chop your veggies. Add everything together to marinate for at 20 minutes.
Add your chicken/veggies/pineapple to skewers + place on the grill! Cook for 10 minutes, flip + cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Best skewers for grilling:
Metal skewers are definitely better for grilling because you don’t have to worry about them burning or catching fire. (Or leaving little flecks of wood in/near your food!)
I think these metal skewers from amazon are the best for grilling. They’re reasonably priced and have held up great for us. We pop them right in the dishwasher after using!
If you need to use wooden skewers, these are a good option.
Don’t you just want to DIVE into these?!
Substitutions for Pineapple Chicken Kabobs Recipe:
These chicken kabobs are pretty versatile and you can easily swap ingredients out to customize them.
- Marinades- You can use any of the marinades in these posts on these kebabs: 5 Healthy Chicken Marinades, Vegetable Kebabs, Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette. You can also opt for store bought dressing!
- To make whole30: You can skip the honey in the dressing and this recipe will still taste delicious!
- Veggies – You can swap out the veggies in this recipe. Mushrooms and onions would be delicious!
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping or for an easy weeknight dinner. No matter the occasion, it’s delicious!
Other healthy grilling recipes:
- Burger Salad with Dill Pickle Vinaigrette
- Asian Salmon
- Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Vegetable Kebabs
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups pineapple
- 2 cup red pepper cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups zucchini sliced in 1/2 inch thick circles
- In a bowl, whisk together honey poppyseed dressing
- Chop chicken, pineapple and peppers into thick cubes. Cut zucchini into cut into 1/2 inch thick circles
- In a ziploc bag, add cubed chicken, pineapple, veggies and dressing. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer you can marinate the better!) Heat grill on medium high heat.
- When ready to cook, heat grill on medium high heat (about 375)
- Assemble skewers. (Pineapple, chicken, zucchini, pepper, repeat!)
- Cook skewers on grill for 10 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.