Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Popcorn:
To make chocolate covered popcorn, you’ll need popcorn kernels, salt, and chocolate. That’s it! You can also use a little bit of coconut oil which helps the chocolate melt easier, but it’s not necessary.
You can use chocolate chips, or my favorite chocolate bars. Any chocolate will work, but I love dark chocolate! You can make white chocolate covered popcorn, or milk chocolate covered popcorn as well – it’s up to you!
How to make Chocolate Covered Popcorn:
Making chocolate covered popcorn is super simple. First, pop your popcorn.
How do you pop popcorn?
We have this popcorn popper and it’s one of our favorite things.. if you love popcorn, it makes it super easy to pop!
The more chocolate the better, right?
What’s the best chocolate for chocolate covered popcorn?
As I mentioned earlier, it’s very easy to customize this chocolate covered popcorn. Here are a few of my favorite ways to customize it:
Other mix in’s for chocolate covered popcorn:
- Chopped nuts (peanuts would be delicious!)
- White Chocolate
- Shredded Coconut
- Chopped peppermints or candy canes for a festive touch!
I personally think customized chocolate covered popcorn would make an awesome gift for friends + family!
Tips for making chocolate covered popcorn
- You can cheat and use store bought popped corn. Look for a popcorn that is just popcorn + salt. I wouldn’t recommend using the packages of popcorn that need to be popped in the microwave though. Those get greasy, and in turn will make for stale popcorn.
- Make sure to store it correctly– You CAN’T leave this popcorn out without a cover on it. It will quickly get stale and soggy! Make sure you store it in a covered container.
How do you store chocolate covered popcorn?
It’s best to store this chocolate covered popcorn in an airtight container in a cool location. You’ll want to keep it away from heat so the chocolate doesn’t melt!
Other healthy desserts to try:
Chocolate Covered Popcorn
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet. Once popcorn is popped, spread it out on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Using a spoon or fork - drizzle the chocolate/oil mixture until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Allow the popcorn to set at room temperature for 30 minutes. Store in airtight containers or bags to maintain freshness.