Homemade RX Bars are a delicious DIY snack! Gluten free, paleo, & whole30 friendly – these are a cheaper alternative to your favorite bars! This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
These Homemade RX Bars are without a doubt going to be your new favorite snack. They’re SO darn easy to make, are packed with protein, and loaded with Vital Protein’s Amazing Mixed Berry Collagen (which I swear make my hair and nails grow like weeds!)
Plus, they’re cheaper to make on your own then buy in the store!
What are RX Bars?
RXBar’s are a super popular, all-natural protein bar.
They have super clean ingredients, taste amazing, and are a great option to have on the go. All of the flavors are amazing, but the Mixed Berry ones are without a doubt my favorite. They seriously taste like you’re eating a berry muffin!
Now, let me just clarify and say that I love RX Bars. I think they have an amazing product, and they’re pretty much the only protein bar that I’ll eat.
Even though I love RX Bars, they can be a little pricey. Since they’re made with such minimal ingredients, I knew I could make a cheaper version at home!
Ingredients for RX Bars:
To make RX Bar’s you’ll need:
How to make Homemade RX Bars:
All you really need are some nuts, dates, collagen (or egg white protein powder). When you buy these in bulk like I do, they are super cheap – and are perfect for making a DIY version of this protein bar that everyone loves!
Toss your ingredients in a blender, roll out, slice + enjoy! (It’s as simple as that!)
The best part about these bars (and why I think they’re better than the regular ones) is that they have a ton of collagen in them. Vital Protein’s Collagen has been integral in helping my hair, skin, nails and digestion.
I see a noticeable difference when I use it daily versus when I don’t. My nails and hair grow basically like weeds (seriously, it’s crazy!) My skin is clearer and brighter, and my gut feels like it’s in check!
While everyone’s results in taking collagen will be different, I personally love it and think these Copy Cat Mixed Berry RX Bars are the perfect way to get it into your diet!
Have you ever made your own bars before? They’re so simple to do! Once you make them, you will totally want to pass up the pre-made ones, these just taste so much fresher! If you need the collagen, you can get it here.
Other Whole30 friendly snack recipes you’ll love!
- 20 Whole 30 Energy Bites You Have to Try
- Whole30 Matcha Energy Bites
- Whole 30 Key Lime Pie Bites
- Whole 30 Apricot Cashew Energy Bites
Homemade RX Bars
- In a food processor, pulse strawberries until they are a powder like consistency.
- Add in almonds, cashews, dates, and Vital Proteins Mixed Berry Collagen. Process until thoroughly combined, and a sticky binded consistency, approximately 1 minute.
- You may need to add melted coconut oil to help your food processor along, but it is not necessary
- Place the batter in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin until ¼ inch thick.
- Slice into bar shapes + enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week