Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad is a delicious, lighter lunch! Made with only 10 ingredients, high in protein, and low in fat – it’s the perfect easy meal! Thank you Wild Selections® for sponsoring this post.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
One of the most common responses I get when I talk about meal prepping is ‘I just don’t have the time’. I’m taking care of that excuse for you today with this Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe!
When it comes to making healthy meals – it doesn’t always have to be a gourmet recipe with a million steps.
Sometimes the simplest ingredients can create the most flavorful dishes (and save you tons of time in the kitchen!)
This Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad is much lighter than your traditional, mayo coated pasta salad and pulls it’s flavor from simple ingredients like fresh herbs + sweet cherry tomatoes!
The real star of the show is the Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil. It adds a ton of protein to the dish, making it a complete meal!
Ingredients for Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad:
To make this tuna pasta salad we used:
- whole grain pasta
- olive oil
- Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil
- sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- cherry tomatoes
For years, we have strayed away from enjoying tuna because so many brands have questionable practices + ingredients in their products.
The only ingredients in this are tuna, olive oil + salt – so the flavor of the fish can really come through, and it’s clean ingredients make it perfect if you need something quick for a healthy snack.
This Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad is perfect for enjoying as a quick lunch or dinner, or prepping for your week. It’s loaded with flavor, quick to make + was a huge hit with everyone that I shared it with!
What makes this tuna pasta salad healthy?
- Whole grain pasta – Traditional tuna pasta salad is made with regular white flour pasta. Whole grain pasta gives this recipe heartier + better for you!
- Minimal ingredients – This tuna pasta salad only has a few ingredients, most of which are fresh herbs + veggies! Nothing funky or processed here!
- No mayo – I swapped out mayo for heart healthy olive oil, making this dish lower in calories + much lighter!
This recipe also works well with Wild Selections Sold White Albacore Tuna in Water, but I’d recommend draining it before adding to the pasta/spice mixture.
Regardless of which one you use, this Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad will for sure become a staple in your house for a quick, delicious lunch or dinner.
Substitutions for Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad:
This is a pretty versatile recipe that you can easily customize. Here are some substitutions that will work.
Pasta – Any pasta will work. We like farfalle but penne, rotini or elbows will also work!
Herbs – If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use 1/4 the amount of dried herbs.
Tuna- Any tuna will work in this recipe, but it’s best to use one that is packed in oil so that you can use the oil to toss with the pasta salad.
Storing Tuna Pasta Salad:
Refrigerator: This pasta salad will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Other healthy meal prep friendly recipes:
Here are some of our other favorite meal prep recipes!
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 5 Healthy Chicken Marinades
- Healthy Tuna Salad
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thigh Dinner
- Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
How to make Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad:
Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb whole grain pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta per instructions
- While pasta is cooking, halve tomatoes + place in a bowl with tuna+ spices
- Once pasta is cooked, immediately drain + rinse with cold water to cool off
- Toss cooked pasta with spices, tuna + tomatoes
- Serve + enjoy!