Healthy Rosemary Toasted Walnuts are perfect for snacking on! Paleo, whole30 + gluten free – these walnuts are great on a salad or enjoyed on their own. Made with only a few ingredients including fresh rosemary, salt, pepper + olive oil – they’re easy + delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
If you love crunchy, salty snacks – these Healthy Rosemary Toasted Walnuts are for you! These toasted walnuts get perfectly crisp in the oven and have a delicious rosemary olive oil coating on them that is so yummy.
Naturally paleo, whole30 and healthy – these roasted walnuts only are made with a few ingredients and are super simple to make!
Years ago Tyler and I went to a farmer’s market and we met a woman who was selling canned vegetables and various types of seasoned nuts. She had these Rosemary Walnuts out as a sample, and when I tasted them – I was hooked instantly.
They were salty, savory, and just SO good.
Then she told me they were $10 for a teeny tiny jar of them that held about a handful of walnuts (no joke).
They were so good I ALMOST bought them… but then I remembered that Tyler and I can recreate pretty much anything in the kitchen – so that’s how these Healthy Rosemary Toasted Walnuts were born!
How to toast walnuts in the oven:
- Toasting walnuts is very simple. I like to toss walnuts in olive oil and simply spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- You can toast your walnuts for about 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees until the outside is crispy
How to toast walnuts on the stove top:
You can follow the recipe as listed below on the stovetop by cooking over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes
These Healthy Rosemary Toasted Walnuts are way better than the overpriced ones at the farmer’s market, and they’re so easy to make! They’re perfect as a great snack, salad add in, savory topping in a dish or hummus… really anyway you want to eat them!
Substitutions for this recipe:
Herbs– If rosemary isn’t your favorite, you can sub thyme on these toasted walnuts. You can also sub fresh rosemary for dried rosemary by cutting the amount from 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary to only 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
Ways to use these Healthy Rosemary Toasted Walnuts:
- In a salad. This Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad is my favorite!
- On a cheeseboard
- As a healthy snack (these Healthy Roasted Chickpeas are another one of my favorite snacks!)
Healthy Rosemary Toasted Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper.
- Add in walnuts and toss until completely covered in olive oil mixture.
- Bake the walnuts for 10-15 minuts in the oven, tossing every 4-5 minutes until they are golden brown.
- The walnuts cook quickly- so be careful not to burn them!
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Herbs– If rosemary isn’t your favorite, you can sub thyme on these toasted walnuts. You can also sub fresh rosemary for dried rosemary by cutting the amount from 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary to only 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Oil- You can use olive or avocado oil to roast these walnuts
- Extra spices – Feel free to add garlic powder, or even a little chili powder to these walnuts for a kick.