These Healthy Mocha Brownies are gluten free and have a secret ingredient. They’re moist, chewy, and loaded with chocolate! You’re going to love them!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
It’s no secret that I’m a chocoholic. I have a minimum of one small square of 80% dark chocolate every day- sometimes more.. and these Healthy Chocolate Truffles or Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies– don’t even get me started!
It’s one of my only vices (other than pasta, of course!) I’m always looking for new ways to bake with chocolate…but somehow, I always find myself falling back to brownies.
Brownies are definitely one of my favorite desserts, and judging by how popular my Almond Butter Brownies are, it seems like you like them too!
There are few things better than biting into a warm fudge-y, chocolate-y dessert. Unless of course.. you add coffee to them as I did with these Healthy Mocha Brownies. Hellloooo new fav treat!
Ingredients for healthy black bean brownies:
These healthy mocha brownies don’t need a lot of oil, butter, or sugar. Their ingredients are pretty simple, and include a secret healthy ingredient… black beans!
The black beans give these brownies a yummy, chewy texture and some added protein and healthy fats (win win!). These healthy mocha brownies are also gluten free AND dairy free!
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- cooked black beans
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- gluten free oat flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- finely ground coffee
- chocolate chips
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded substitutions box.
Next time you’re looking to make this popular dessert, skip the box mix or sugary homemade recipes and try this recipe. You won’t be disappointed + you can trick all your friends & family into eating something healthy!
If you love healthier desserts, try these Protein Cookies.
Substitutions for this recipe:
Oil – You can use avocado or olive oil in this recipe
Chocolate – You can use any chocolate you like in this recipe. Chopped dark chocolate is delicious!
WW Freestyle note: Save 2SP per serving by using Lily’s Chocolate
Storing & Serving Mocha Brownies:
What is the best way to store brownies so they do not get stale? I store these brownies in the refrigerator to maintain freshness. I find that because these aren’t made with traditional flour/sugar – they can get stale quicker. Keeping them in the fridge helps keep them fresh! They will last 3-4 days (if they make it that long!)
Freezing: These brownies freeze really well! I like to bake them, allow them to cool, slice them and then freeze them. Whenever I want to enjoy one, I just pop them in the microwave! They should be good for up to 3 months.
Healthy Mocha Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Puree black beans in food processor. Add in eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Puree until smooth.
- Add in oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and ground coffee. Puree again until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in mini chips. The batter should be thick.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of brownies.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator to maintain freshness
- WW Freestyle note: Save 2SP per serving by using Lily’s Chocolate
- Oil – You can use avocado or olive oil in this recipe
- Chocolate – You can use any chocolate you like in this recipe. Chopped dark chocolate is delicious!