These Healthy Mocha Brownies are gluten free and have a secret ingredient. They’re moist, chewy, and loaded with chocolate! You’re going to love them!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
It’s no secret that I’m a chocoholic. I have a minimum of one small square of 80% dark chocolate every day- sometimes more..
It’s one of my only vices (other than pasta, of course!) I’m always looking for new ways to bake with chocolate…but somehow, I always find myself falling back to brownies.
Brownies are definitely one of my favorite desserts, and judging by how popular my Paleo Salted Almond Butter Brownies are, it seems like you like them too!
There are few things better than biting into a warm fudge-y, chocolate-y dessert. Unless of course.. you add coffee to them like I did with these Healthy Mocha Brownies. Hellloooo new fav treat!
I would say that I’m equally in love with chocolate as I am with coffee. So why not pair them together in a dessert? Sure, it’s not as epic of a combo as chocolate and peanut butter, but it’s pretty darn close!
Most brownies are loaded with a ton of sugar, butter, and other not so healthy ingredients. There’s nothing wrong with indulging in these types of treats from time to time – but if you’re like me & chocolate is a staple in your diet, you’ll need a healthier alternative for your dessert needs!
Thankfully I’ve come up with the perfect solution: Healthy Mocha Brownies.
These healthy mocha brownies don’t need a lot of oil, butter or sugar. Their ingredients are pretty simple, and include a secret healthy ingredient… blackbeans!
The blackbeans give these brownies a yummy, chewy texture and some added protein and healthy fats (win win!). These healthy mocha brownies are also gluten free AND dairy free!
Next time you’re looking to make this popular dessert, skip the box mix or sugary homemade recipes and try this recipe. You won’t be disappointed + you can trick all your friends & family into eating something healthy!
Other delicious chocolate recipes you’ll love:
Healthy Mocha Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Puree black beans in food processor. Add in eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Puree until smooth.
- Add in oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and ground coffee. Puree again until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in mini chips. The batter should be thick.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of brownies.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator to maintain freshness