Paleo Salted Almond Butter Brownies are a delicious healthy treat! Gluten and grain free but packed with chocolate – they’ll be your new favorite dessert!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was published in February of 2018.
Is there anything better than a rich, chocolatey brownie? Yes, actually. It’s these Almond Butter Brownies that are drizzled with nut butter and sprinkled with flaky sea salt.
I have basically no self control when it comes to brownies, and I’m the type of person that usually with cut a square out of the pan, and then cut an edge of of whats left in the pan, and then another edge.. and another.. until half the pan of brownies is missing.
Oops. (I know you’ve totally done this too!)
Over the years I’ve tried loooots of brownies, and even though the boxed ones are OK in a pinch.. there is nothing better than making them from scratch.
While these Paleo Salted Almond Butter Brownies aren’t the same as a real deal brownie with oodles of sugar and fat – they’re pretty darn delicious while being gluten/grain free!
They’re super fudgey, packed with chocolate, easy to make, and taste amazing. They also feel a little grown up because they’re made with almond butter and have sea salt sprinkled on them. Because you deserve to be a little fancy! Here’s how to make them.
Ingredients for Almond Butter Brownies:
To make almond butter brownies you’ll need:
- chocolate chips
- almond butter
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder
- baking soda + baking powder.
- You’ll also need a little flaky sea salt. This is the brand that I get, it’s the best!
You can find substitutions for these ingredients below. These brownies are SO easy to make. Here are step by step instructions on how to make them.
How to make Almond Butter Brownies:
Making these almond butter brownies is super simple.
- Gather all your ingredients
- Mix all of your ingredients together until they are combined.
- The batter should be relatively thick.
- Pour your batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Drizzle almond butter on the top – I find the best way to do this is to warm your almond butter up until it’s soft, and put it in a small ziploc sandwich bag. Cut a tiny edge off one of the corners and use the bag to pipe out lines of almond butter (See step 4 – they don’t have to be perfect).
- Once you’ve drizzled almond butter on top, take a knife and drag it through the almond butter in opposite directions to create swirls. Bake + enjoy!
Substitutions for these Paleo Salted Almond Butter Brownies recipe:
Paleo baking is pretty specific. I can’t guarantee your substitutions will work unless they are noted below.
Vegan: I haven’t tried to make these brownies vegan, but I think a flax egg would work!
Optional Add Ins: Feel free to add in more nuts or additional chocolate for crunch.
For fudgy brownies – Add an extra 1/4 cup of coconut oil to the batter for fudgier brownies
Tips for Almond Butter Brownies
- Greasing the pan – I like to use coconut oil or olive oil to grease the pan, but you can also use parchment paper to line the baking dish instead of spray.
- For fudgey brownies – Add an extra 1/4 cup of coconut oil to the batter for fudgier brownies
- Drizzling almond butter –I find the best way to do this is to warm your almond butter up until it’s soft, and put it in a small ziploc sandwich bag. Cut a tiny edge off one of the corners and use the bag to pipe out lines of almond butter (See step 4 above- it doesn’t have to be perfect). Once you’ve drizzled almond butter on top, take a knife and drag it through the almond butter in opposite directions to create swirls.
Storing & Serving Almond Butter Brownies:
What is the best way to store brownies so they do not get stale? I store these brownies in the refrigerator to maintain freshness. I find that because these aren’t made with traditional flour/sugar – they can get stale quicker. Keeping them in the fridge helps keep them fresh! They will last 3-4 days (if they make it that long!)
Freezing: These brownies freeze really well! I like to bake them, allow them to cool, slice them and then freeze them. Whenever I want to enjoy one I just pop them in the microwave! They should be good for up to 3 months.
Looking for other paleo desserts? Try these!
- Paleo Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Paleo Chocolate Truffles
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Paleo Lemon Bars
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Paleo Biscuits with Berries
- Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles
Almond Butter Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix together almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir in cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips to wet ingredients
- Pour batter in a greased 8×8 baking dish. Drizzle with additional almond butter and use a knife to create swirls. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until edges start to brown. To test if cooked, stick a toothpick in the center of the batter, it should come out clean.