Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is a delicious vegan dessert. Made with only 3 simple ingredients + gluten/dairy free, this is a yummy frozen treat!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
In a perfect world, ice cream would have the nutritional value of a bowl full of raw broccoli. Amirite?
In fact.. it really has no nutritional value. (Bummer) You could say it has some calcium.. but even that is a stretch.
That’s why I knew I needed to come up with a healthy ice cream alternative.. this Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream.
If it were up to me, I’d eat ice cream everyday. Doesn’t matter if it’s 100 degrees out or 30 degrees out, I’m always down for ice cream. My absolute favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Chocolate.
A local ice cream shop makes this flavor that the creamiest peanut butter ice cream with huge chunks of chocolate… talk about heavenly!
I wanted to try to make it at home in a much healthier fashion, and after a few tries and only 3 ingredients, I nailed it!
A while back I watched a video on how to make ‘banana nice cream’ and was super intrigued. Here’s how to do it…
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Ingredients
How to Make Banana Ice Cream
- allow frozen banana pieces to defrost for 3-5 minutes in the base of a high powered blender
- blend banana pieces until smooth
- Optional: Stir in your favorite add ins- (chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, nut butter, etc)
I knew that if I added in some peanut butter and chocolate – it could be the solution to my ice cream cravings. While it isn’t the same as real ice cream, it is the perfect treat to hold me over til our next ice cream date!
This Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream has only 3 ingredients, and is vegan, dairy free, and takes about 2 minutes to make! You’re totally going to love it!
Substitutions for this recipe:
Bananas – You can freeze your own bananas or buy them pre sliced/frozen. You can also use a whole banana but will need a high powered blender
Nut Butter – Feel free to use almond butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter you like!
WW Freestyle note: Save 1 SP by using Lily’s Chocolate. 5SP come from blending the banana.
Chocolate: You can add 1- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder to make this ‘chocolate’ ice cream.
How long will this last?
This peanut butter banana ice cream will last a few months in the freezer. We recommend eating it right after you make it. If you freeze it for longer than about 2 hours, it will become solid and will not have that ‘ice cream’ texture when you take it out of the freezer.
Other healthy dessert recipes:
- Healthy Mocha Brownies
- Healthy Lemon Bars (Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Healthy Anginetti Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bites
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Remove banana slices from freezer + place in blender, nutribullet or food processor and allow them to thaw for 10 minutes.
- Pulse bananas until they are smooth. Blend in peanut butter.
- When thoroughly blended, stir in chocolate chips + enjoy!
- Optional: Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes for ice-cream like consistency.
- Bananas - You can freeze your own bananas or buy them pre sliced/frozen. You can also use a whole banana but will need a high powered blender
- Nut Butter - Feel free to use almond butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter you like!
- Add ins - You can add in your own nuts, seeds, or even granola. We like chocolate chips the best but anything will be delicious!
- WW Freestyle note: Save 1 SP by using Lily's Chocolate. 5SP come from blending the banana.