Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites are the perfect healthy snack! Loaded with dark chocolate, collagen, and oats – they’re hearty and yummy! This post is sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Ok I am OBSESSED with these Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites.
I try to reserve the term ‘favorite’ for only a few recipes… but these really are one if the BEST recipes I have ever created.
Obviously the taste is the best part of these, but the fact that they’re so easy to make is also a plus. These bites require minimal work/ingredients – you probably already have everything you need on hand!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Bites
I love adding collagen to energy bites or really anything for extra protein and nutrition! I have a whole post about why I use collagen if you’re curious about it!
How to make these Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites:
Making these peanut butter cookie dough bites is easier than you think! All you have to do is pulse the oats into a flour like consistency, blend in peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey, stir in your chocolate chips + roll into bites!
The hardest part about these cookie dough bites is not eating them all at once!
What makes these Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites healthy?
- Collagen – I love that these bites have collagen in them. It helps make them higher in protein and so nutritious.
- High protein – Many bites are lower in protein and filled with carbs. These bites are the opposite! They’re loaded with a balance of protein, carbs and fat!
- Healthy fats– Healthy fats are necessary in your diet. The peanut butter and coconut oil are great sources of healthy fats to help keep you full!
Substitutions for these Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
Nut Butter – You can sub almond butter, coconut butter, or any other nut butter that you like in these bites! With coconut butter, you may not need to add the melted coconut oil, I would just test it without and add if necessary
Add ins– You can omit chocolate chips and stir in nuts, dried fruit, or whatever else you’d like in these bites! They’ll be delicious no matter what, but I’m biased and love the chocolate!
WW Freestyle: Points calculated using Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
How to store Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
You can store these healthy peanut butter cookie dough bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. I haven’t tried freezing these bites, but it might work!
Other healthy snack recipes:
- Whole 30 Matcha Energy Bites
- Healthy Banana Protein Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Hummus
- Whole 30 Chocolate Coconut Bites
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. You want them to have some texture and not be flour like.
- Add peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and collagen peptides to the food processor. Pulse to combine.
- After pulsing, batter should be thick enough to roll. Remove dough from food processor and add to a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips (using your hands or a spatula)
- Roll into 1 tablespoon sized balls and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow bites to harden in the refrigerator. After one hour in the refrigerator, transfer to an airtight container. Store for up to 1 week.
- Nut Butter - You can sub almond butter, coconut butter, or any other nut butter that you like in these bites! With coconut butter, you may not need to add the melted coconut oil, I would just test it without and add if necessary
- Protein Powder- You can add in protein powder in place of collagen. This is my favorite protein powder.
- Add ins- You can omit chocolate chips and stir in nuts, dried fruit, or whatever else you'd like in these bites! They'll be delicious no matter what, but I'm biased and love the chocolate!
- WW Freestyle: Points calculated using Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips