These are the best low carb, Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes! Easy to make with healthy ingredients-you’ll love these recipes for side dishes, chicken + more!
Spaghetti squash is one of our favorite veggies! It’s easy to cook, and is pretty much a blank canvas for anything you want to pair it with.
Spaghetti squash is also super low carb/ keto friendly, and has a texture similar to pasta making it a great option for many dishes.
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite spaghetti squash recipes below, but before we get into that we wanted to share our tips/tricks for cooking + cutting a spaghetti squash.
How to cut a spaghetti squash
Spaghetti squash can be difficult to cut- please be careful! You can cut a spaghetti squash vertically or horizontally. I prefer to cut them horizontally for ‘boats’ but it can sometimes be easier to cut them vertically through the middle.
- Slice your spaghetti squash
- Scoop out the seeds + you’re ready to cook!
Here are some tips for cutting spaghetti squash:
- It’s easiest to cut a spaghetti squash on a surface that is lower than you so you can add your bodyweight to cutting it.
- Make sure you use a cutting board that isn’t slippery
- Use a sharp knife. Believe it or not, you’re more likely to get hurt with a dull knife. This is my favorite kitchen knife.
How to cook a spaghetti squash:
- Slice spaghetti squash and put in your instant pot with 1 cup of water.
- Cover + set pot to sealing for 5 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, manually release the pressure + shred your cooked squash with a fork!
Here are other methods for cooking spaghetti squash:
- how to cook spaghetti squash in the instant pot
- how to cook spaghetti squash in the crock pot
- how to cook spaghetti squash in the oven
- how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave
Now, here are some yummy low carb spaghetti squash recipes you’ll love!
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Recipes with Chicken
We absolutely love cooking with chicken, because like spaghetti squash – it’s a blank canvas! You can add spices, sauces, and whatever you desire to really amp up the flavor!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole is our favorite spaghetti squash casserole with chicken! It is SO easy to make, and who doesn’t love buffalo *everything*
Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti Squash with Chicken – With just 10 ingredients, this Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti Squash with Chicken is an easy, delicious meal. The oil and garlic sauce coats the squash and pairs beautifully with the sun-dried tomatoes and chicken.
Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake combines olives, sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts with cooked chicken. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a healthy and delicious dinner! A flavorful and lower carb option for those who are craving a light and refreshing meal. Also, perfect for meal prep!
Creamy Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash Boats – Filled with chicken, broccoli, bacon, and drizzled with ranch dressing these low carb, gluten-free creamy bacon ranch stuffed spaghetti squash bowls are sure to be a family favorite.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats are another one of our favorite spaghetti squash recipes. Creamy buffalo chicken + spaghetti squash are the perfect combo!
Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes with Turkey
Our favorite recipe for spaghetti squash and ground turkey is to make our Healthy Turkey Meatballs and let them simmer in Crockpot Tomato Sauce. Serve them over cooked spaghetti squash and you’ve got the perfect dinner! Here are a few other ideas for how to cook turkey and spaghetti squash.
Turkey Kale Spaghetti Squash Casserole is made with ranch dressing, ground turkey, kale, onion, and spaghetti squash and baked in the oven until crispy and golden brown. Packed with protein and healthy fats, is great for meal prep, and is paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and Whole30 approved!
Meatball Spaghetti Squash Boats are easy to make and so tasty!
Turkey Bolognese Spaghetti Squash is the perfect easy dinner! Slow cooked sauce is filled in spaghettis quash and baked with cheese for a delish meal!
Italian Turkey Spaghetti Squash Casserole -Turkey, Spinach, And Gruyere cheese all tossed together and baked in one dish = easy, yummy comfort food!
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Recipes with Pork
Sausage, ground pork, bacon + parm all pair well with spaghetti squash. Spaghetti squash is very light and has virtually no taste so cooking it with a higher fat meat is the perfect way to add flavor!
Chorizo-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a wholesome dinner that takes only 15 minutes of prep time AND it Keto, Low-Carb, Paleo, Primal, and GAPS, with a Whole30 version!
Parmesan Spaghetti Squash with Sausage is classic comfort food made keto friendly!
Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls taste just like Chipotle’s tasty burrito bowls and are loaded with healthy whole food ingredients!
Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes with Seafood
If you like light, fresh meals – seafood and spaghetti squash are the perfect pairing. We love these recipes!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Green Chili Avocado Sauce combines roasted spaghetti squash and green chili avocado sauce with cilantro lime shrimp for a healthy, gluten free, and dairy free meal!
Vegetarian Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Recipes
There are lots of vegetarian recipes you can make with spaghetti squash too! Whether it be a meal or a side dish – these are delish low carb vegetarian spaghetti squash recipe options!
Spaghetti Squash Ramen is a delicious way to use this noodle-like vegetable! With toasted sesame oil, scallions, and ginger, it has flavors similar to classic ramen, but with more fiber and nutrients.
Spaghetti Squash Salad is tossed in a zesty dressing for an easy healthy side dish that’s a cinch to make and guaranteed to please. It tastes great warm or cold–perfect for a dinner side, or to take along to a picnic or potluck.
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Squash Boats are a hearty and comforting plant-based meal, perfect for a weeknight dinner! The spaghetti squash is roasted in the oven, and the creamy mushroom mixture is made on the stovetop with a handful of super flavorful ingredients.
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is one of the tastiest spaghetti squash recipes out there. Not only is it crazy good, but it’s a great vegetarian side dish that’s easy to make, and makes a beautiful presentation!
Tomato Mushroom Spaghetti Squash is a delicious low-carbs and keto friendly recipe that’s loaded with veggies!
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms is a great vegetarian and gluten-free dinner recipe ready in 1 hour from start to finish!
Keto Spaghetti Squash FAQ
Yes! Spaghetti squash is a great option for those on a keto diet. It has around 5g of net carbs for a one cup serving. When paired with protein or low carb veggies it’s a great meal.
You can eat squash on a keto diet. Some squash (butternut, acorn) are higher in carbs than other squash (zucchini and spaghetti squash). Be mindful of the squash you’re eating and you can enjoy squash on a keto diet!
No! Spaghetti squash has around 10g of carbs or 5g of net carbs for a one cup serving. It’s lower in carbs than most vegetables, and a great low carb substitute for rice.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook spaghetti squash. For microwave: Fill a microwave safe glass dish with 1 inch of water. Slice spaghetti squash in half + place face down in water. Microwave on high for 10 minutes until cooked. Remove from microwave + shred spaghetti squash. For instant pot: Slice spaghetti squash, put in your instant pot with 1 cup of water. Cover + set pot to sealing for 5 minutes. Manually release the pressure + shred your cooked squash with a fork!
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, make shredded chicken. Follow these directions for the instant pot, or boil on the stove for 10 minutes, or buy a rotisserie chicken + shred.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, egg, spices+ Frank's Red Hot. Whisk until combined.
- Add cooked spaghetti squash, shredded chicken + spice/sauce mixture to a bowl and stir until combined. Stir in blue cheese crumbles.
- Pour mixture in a greased 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until top starts to brown. You can broil for one minute to get a crispy top.
- Here is a post on how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave and here is a post about how to cook spaghetti squash in the instant pot. Both methods take about 10 minutes.
- The other key to this recipe is the chicken. You have a few options for shredded chicken. You can make my Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, you can cook the chicken in the crockpot (you’d have to do it the day before or in the morning) OR you can say whatevs and just buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up.. any method will work.
- While your chicken/spaghetti squash are cooking – you can prep the other minimal ingredients, so that you can get it in the oven in no time! Easy peasy!