These Tequila Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an easy, fresh dinner! Gluten / dairy free & packed with flavor – these healthy wraps are delicious and simple!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
If you’re looking for a light, fresh dinner – these Tequila Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps are just that.
They’re loaded with flavor thanks to my favorite salsa recipe, and the tequila lime chicken is just SO yummy.
Tyler made these wraps forever ago one night for dinner. We had had some friends over, and in the midst of cleaning up, somehow a bottle of tequila had gotten left out on the counter instead of being put away.
As he was cooking up a quick dinner (chicken lettuce wraps) he decided to toss what was left of the tequila into the pan with the chicken…annnnd it was delicious.
The tequila gave the chicken a little zip of flavor to it, and when combined with the lime juice + other spices we had marinated the chicken in.. it was just the perfect combo! Normally chicken can be kind of ‘blah’ but this chicken was anything but that!
I could’ve just eaten the chicken right out of the pan, but we served it up in some simple lettuce wraps with my favorite Pineapple Mango Salsa. We also tossed in some guac and a little bit of cheddar cheese and ooooooh my goodness.
Such a delicious combo! Also.. side note, can we talk about these Bialetti pans for a second? I LOVE them! They sent them to me complimentary and I have so enjoyed cooking with them over the past few weeks.
Not only are they pretty, and affordable, but nothing sticks to them. You can click here to check them out.
Whenever Tyler cooks, he never measures anything or pays attention to exactly what he’s adding to the recipe. But I made him write down everything he used in the recipe right after we finished eating.
I knew I had to share these Tequila Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps with you guys! After a few recipe tests to measure out the ingredients, I perfected it to taste just like what we had originally made that night… they’re SO yummy!
What you’ll need to make tequila lime chicken:
Other healthy chicken recipes:
- Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Caprese Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken Pasta & Vegetables
Tequila Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chop chicken into small pieces (½ inch cubes) and place in a ziploc bag or container. Mix together marinade + pour marinade over chicken. Allow chicken to marinate for 10 minutes (or overnight)
- Heat a pan over the stove at medium high heat. Spray pan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Pour marinated chicken + marinade directly into the pan. Sauté the chicken for 12-15 minutes until it is browned.
- Once chicken is cooked, add tequila to the pan and allow it to cook for an additional 5 minutes until alcohol has cooked off + the chicken has a nice crust on it.
- Assemble wraps with lettuce, chicken + your favorite toppings. We used this Pineapple Mango Salsa on top of these!