This Healthy Lemon Artichoke Chicken Recipe is an easy one pan dinner the whole family will love! This healthy chicken recipe is paleo, and gluten free. Made with simple ingredients like chicken, artichoke hearts, and lemon juice, it’s quick to make and tastes amazing!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Lemon, artichokes and chicken. They just kinda go together. I wouldn’t say that this Healthy Lemon Artichoke Chicken is exactly peanut butter and jelly combo level worthy, but it’s still a pretty darn good combo if I do say so myself!
Honestly though, I’m a big proponent for ANY easy one pan dinners that taste amazing.. and this is without a doubt one of those types of meals. The chicken with artichokes and lemon just goes perfectly together for a light and fresh meal, that despite not being that pretty, it tastes amazing!
I first made this recipe about 4 years ago, and for some reason it STILL sticks out in my head. I had bought a 10 lb bag of lemons from Costco because I was on this huge lemon water kick… I quickly realized 10 lbs was a RIDICULOUS amount of lemon water for one person to consume… so for about a week and a half lemon went into everything I made.
Learn from my mistakes, and unless you’re feeding a small army of lemon-loving peeps, the 10 lb bag from Costco probably isn’t the right amount for someone to purchase.
Oops! Even though I’ll consider that a fail in the grocery shopping department, the healthy lemon artichoke chicken that resulted from it was worth it!
It’s been something that I’ve made for a quick one pan dinner for years now, and I’m finally sharing it with all of you!
I love this recipe because it tastes fancy (almost restaurant quality) but it’s actually really easy to make, and made with healthy ingredients! I love the simple combo of the chicken with lemon and artichokes, but if you wanted to jazz this up even more you totally could add kalamata olives or some sautéed cherry tomatoes (something similar to this Healthy One Pam Mediterranean Chicken Orzo dish).
I personally like it with just the artichokes, but it’s also a dish that you can play around with towards your own tastes! Here’s how to make it:
Things we use for this recipe:
How to make this Healthy Lemon Artichoke Chicken Whole30
If you’re doing a Whole 30 or are strict paleo you could omit the wine from this sauce and it will still taste amazing! I recommend serving this with my Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes and Healthy Green Beans Almondine… seriously a match made in heaven!
Recipes to serve this Healthy Lemon Artichoke Chicken with:
- Crispy Dijon Roasted Potatoes
- Healthy Green Beans Almondine
- Garlic Rosemary Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Spiralized Rosemary Potatoes
Healthy Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- Clean chicken and pound until thin. In a large pan – heat olive oil. Once olive oil is hot- add in chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt + pepper. Sear chicken on both sides until brown, approximately 5- 6 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking mix together lemon zest, juice, stock, wine & thyme leaves
- When chicken is cooked Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and allow it to come to a boil. Be sure to scrape the pan to get all the brown bits off.
- After it has cooked for 5 minutes, add artichoke hearts into the pan and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over caulifloewr rice, or with roasted vegetables
You can see the nutrition facts for this recipe here.