Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo is an easy and delicious dinner! Made with simple ingredients, packed with flavor and done in under 30 minutes!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love easy one pan dinners? Especially when they’re packed with crazy amounts of flavor and come together in under 30 minutes? Cause I do. They make life a breeze!
That’s why I love this Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo. It has the simplest ingredients, but somehow packs SERIOUS amounts of flavor.
Sweet grape tomatoes, white wine, briny olives + salty feta all combine with orzo (the most underrated pasta) and pan seared chicken for the most epic dinner that is easy and tastes amazing!
One of my goals is to make things simpler. Whether it’s creating easier recipes, staying organized, minimizing my possessions…
I want simplicity in ALL aspects of my life. (And I think a lot of you can relate)
I like to think that a majority of my recipes are pretty easy to make. I personally don’t have hours to spend over the stove stirring, sautéing and experimenting with food.
And I know you guys don’t either! Thats WHY I keep it simple.
This one pan wonder couldn’t be easier to make, and it is incredibly yummy. The combo of ingredients is just DELISH!
Things we used to make this Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo:
Substitutions for this recipe
- To make paleo/whole30 – Omit wine and feta. Sub orzo for cauliflower rice.
- To make gluten free – Sub orzo with gluten free pasta or cauliflower rice.
- Tomatoes- Can sub fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes
- Herbs –Can sub fresh herbs with dried. Use 1/2 the amount of dried spice!
Other delicious healthy dinner recipes:
Healthy One Pan Mediterranean Chicken Orzo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced thin + pounded
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo (dry)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1.5 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted + sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional if nut free)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup feta (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil. Cook orzo per directions.
- While orzo is cooking, on a separate large skillet or pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chicken to the heated pan and cook until it is golden brown, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set off to the side.
- Once chicken has been removed from the pan. Make sure to keep oil/grease in pan. Add additional tablespoon olive oil to the pan and heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in cherry tomatoes and white wine. Cook on high until tomatoes are soft soft + wine begins to reduce (approximately 5 minutes)
- Once tomatoes are cooked, stir in cooked orzo, kalamata olives, spinach, spices and pine nuts together in the pan. Toss until combined.
- Serve the chicken on top of the orzo, garnish with feta + enjoy!
Substitutions for this recipe
- To make paleo/whole30 - Omit wine and feta. Sub orzo for cauliflower rice.
- To make gluten free - Sub orzo with gluten free pasta or cauliflower rice.
- Can sub fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes
- Can sub fresh herbs with dried. Use 1/2 the amount of dried spice!