Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo is an easy and delicious dinner! Made with simple ingredients, packed with flavor and done in under 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love easy one pan dinners? Especially when they’re packed with crazy amounts of flavor and come together in under 30 minutes like this Mediterranean Chicken Orzo? Cause I do. They make life a breeze!
That’s why I love this Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo. It has the simplest ingredients, but somehow packs SERIOUS amounts of flavor.
Sweet grape tomatoes, white wine, briny olives + salty feta all combine with orzo (the most underrated pasta) and pan seared chicken for the most epic dinner that is easy and tastes amazing!
This one pan wonder couldn’t be easier to make, and it is incredibly yummy. The combo of ingredients is just DELISH!
Things we used to make this Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo:
How to make mediterranean chicken orzo:
Making mediterranean chicken orzo is very easy to do, but requires a few steps.
- Brown chicken + set aside. While chicken is cooking, cook orzo.
- Add cherry tomatoes into pan and sauté until they start to soften. Stir in olives, spices + cooked orzo.
- Garnish with feta, plate + serve with chicken!
The orzo salad on it’s own (without chicken) also makes a delicious pasta ‘salad’. It’s great cold or warm!
Substitutions for this recipe
- To make paleo/whole30 – Omit wine and feta. Sub orzo for cauliflower rice.
- To make gluten free – Sub orzo with gluten free pasta or cauliflower rice.
- Tomatoes- Can sub fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes
- Herbs –Can sub fresh herbs with dried. Use 1/2 the amount of dried spice!
Other delicious healthy one pan dinner recipes:
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- One Pan Healthy Paella
- Healthy Baked Ziti
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Healthy Sesame Chicken
Healthy One Pan Mediterranean Chicken Orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced thin + pounded
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo (dry)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1.5 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted + sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional if nut free)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup feta (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil. Cook orzo per directions.
- While orzo is cooking, on a separate large skillet or pan heat 1 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chicken to the heated pan and cook until it is golden brown, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set off to the side.
- Once chicken has been removed from the pan. Make sure to keep oil/grease in pan. Add additional tablespoon olive oil to the pan and heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in cherry tomatoes and white wine. Cook on high until tomatoes are soft soft + wine begins to reduce (approximately 5 minutes)
- Once tomatoes are cooked, stir in cooked orzo, kalamata olives, spinach, spices and pine nuts together in the pan. Toss until combined.
- Serve the chicken on top of the orzo, garnish with feta + enjoy!
Substitutions for this recipe
- To make paleo/whole30 - Omit wine and feta. Sub orzo for cauliflower rice.
- To make gluten free - Sub orzo with gluten free pasta or cauliflower rice.
- Can sub fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes
- Can sub fresh herbs with dried. Use 1/2 the amount of dried spice!