This Healthy Strawberry Mojito recipe is the perfect refreshing cocktail! Sweetened only with honey and fruit, it’s low in sugar and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
There is NOTHING I love more than a delish Healthy Strawberry Mojito on a hot summer day (or really any day for that matter, it doesn’t have to be summer!).
Mojitos are without a doubt my favorite cocktail, and when you can make them refined sugar free while still being packed with flavor…I love them even more. (This Lighter Watermelon Mojito is another one of my favorites!)
I’m not exactly sure when mojitos became my ‘signature drink’. It was probably sometime after I started eating relatively healthier, and realizing that now that I was 21 it was time to retire my old favorite of Malibu and orange juice for something slightly more grown up (and less sugary!).
Either way, after trying them – they quickly because my favorite happy hour go-to! Mojitos are relatively healthy on their own, but for this recipe I swapped out the refined sugar in the simple syrup for honey + strawberries!
Tips for Healthy Strawberry Mojitos
The key to this recipe is pureeing up strawberries until they’re super smooth, straining out the seeds, and mixing with lots of fresh lime juice, honey and mint for tons of flavor.
(Obviously with a good does of rum as well!)
It’s refreshing, tastes delicious, and is perfect for sipping on during the summer heat we’ve been having!
Over the years, I’ve found it difficult to find healthy cocktail recipes that suit my lifestyle. So many drinks are loaded with sugar and odd add-ins.
Even though alcohol in itself isn’t ‘healthy’, it’s unrealistic to think that everyone is going to give up cocktails during the summer just because they’re trying to eat better.
While I personally don’t drink very much, I like to indulge from time to time, and when I do I’d prefer not to go into sugar overload (which not only leaves you feeling gross after drinking, but consequently gives you a horrible hangover).
Things we used to make Healthy Strawberry Mojitos
With these healthy strawberry mojitos, you won’t feel like you’re drinking a boatload of sugar, and there won’t be a hangover (well.. I can’t guarantee that if you have more than 2 or 3… then you’re on your own!)
Substitutions for Strawberry Mojitos:
- Alcohol – You can sub white rum for a flavored rum if you’d like
- Seltzer – You can use any kind of seltzer or club soda.
- WW Freestyle note: Honey accounts for 3SP of total points in this drink. You can try subbing with your favorite WW friendly sweetener -I have only tried this with honey
I’m not sure what your happy hour plans are this weekend.. but I’m pretty sure they should include these healthy strawberry mojitos.. and if strawberry isn’t your thing.. make these lighter watermelon mojitos!
Other yummy healthy cocktails:
Healthy Strawberry Mojito
- In a blender combine strawberries, honey and warm water. Blend for 1 minute on high until smooth. Pour strawberry mixture through a strainer or nut milk bag to remove any excess seeds.
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice and mint. Muddle mint, crushing it as best you can. Add in strawberry mixture and rum, shaking to combine.
- Fill high ball glasses with ice. Divide strawberry/lime/mint mixture amongst two glasses. Add 1 cup of club soda or seltzer to the mixture + garnish with extra mint + lime.