Healthy Pasta Primavera is an easy, delicious dinner! This vegetarian pasta dish is simple to make, packed with veggies and ready in under 20 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Pasta primavera is one of the easiest, most delicious, healthy dinners! Pasta is one of my favorite foods, and when you pair it with a boatload of veggies and parmesan cheese… you’ve got this Healthy Pasta Primavera, basically the best summertime meal.
Here’s why we love it so much:
- allll the veggies – you can use pretty much any veggies you have on hand
- whole grains – I use whole wheat pasta, which is a great source of healthy carbs.
- low fat/low calorie- if you’re following a low fat/low calorie diet – this pasta dish is filling while falling in both categories
It tastes amazing, it’s filling, it’s easy to make… I could go on and on.
There’s really no wrong way to make pasta primavera, and it will be delicious no matter what veggies or pasta you use, but over the years I’ve tried to make it a little healthier (and more filling) with a few swaps.
What makes this pasta primavera healthy:
- Pasta– I used a gluten free and protein packed chickpea pasta. I like Modern Table Meals brand.
- Chicken/Protein – I usually add chicken to this recipe (I don’t have it in this recipe, but you can simply sauté cubed chicken in a pan while the veggies roast and then toss it in with the pasta/veggie mixture. You could also use tofu, shrimp, etc.
- Veggies – Any dish that is veggie loaded is always a good idea!
Things we used to make healthy pasta primavera:
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this healthy pasta primavera.
Substitutions for this healthy pasta primavera:
Pasta– You can use any type of pasta you like in this recipe! Rotini, farfalle, elbows, penne or noodles will be delicious. Opt for gluten free or even use zucchini noodles.
Vegetables – Basically any veggie will work in this pasta dish. Get creative and use whatever is in your fridge!
WW Freestyle note: This dinner can be 1SP per serving if you use zucchini noodles or miracle noodles.
No matter what pasta or veggies you use, this Healthy Pasta Primavera will be delicious. It’s one of my favorite things to make in the summer time with fresh produce, but we eat it year round!
If you have cherry tomatoes from your garden, definitely opt to use those over canned! I think you will love this easy, vegetarian meal!
Other healthy pasta dishes:
- Vegan Penne Alla Vodka
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken Pasta & Vegetables
- Vegan Pasta Fagioli
- Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Orzo
Healthy Pasta Primavera
- 1 cup brussels sprouts shredded
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 cup asparagus cut in 1 inch segments
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 oz rotini dry
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a lined baking sheet. Put a pot of water on to boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil, balsamic vinegar + spices to coat evenly.
- Lay veggies on baking sheet + roast for 15 minutes at 400.
- While veggies are roasting, bring water to a boil + cook pasta to directions on package.
- Remove veggies from the oven. Strain pasta and add to a large bowl or pan. Toss veggies with pasta + stir in parmesan cheese, chopped basil + crushed tomatoes. Garnish with additional cheese + enjoy
- Pasta- You can use any type of pasta you like in this recipe! Opt for gluten free or even use zucchini noodles
- Vegetables - Basically any veggie will work in this pasta dish. Get creative and use whatever is in your fridge.
- WW Freestyle note: This dinner can be 1SP per serving if you use zucchini noodles or miracle noodles.